Contractions just stopped

JessicaM123

Reaction score
At about 1.30am after DTD last night i was hit by really strong contractions, every 7 minutes lasting 1 minute. by 4am they were still going, about 4/5 minutes apart, still lasting a minute. By 6am i took the dog out for a walk to try and see if they stopped and they didnt they got so much stronger and i couldnt walk or talk through them, was adament this was it.
After 2 more hours back in bed, they were still 4 mins apart but by this time i was so tired and i managed to fall asleep so they obviously were not that bad..

woke up at 11am with still pains and getting the odd painful tightening, but they have pretty much stopped.

Now i know this is common and could of just been prelabour, it just lasted 8 hours!! i just would like to know if this happened to anyone else and they had the baby soon after??? I'm so thankful they did stop as i was so so tired but now ive slept they are welcome to come back haha!

Apart from it is my OH driving test tommorow morning so baby coming tonight would not be ideal... yet we can always rebook it haha :winkwink:

I had almost exactly the same last night! Jolly annoying when it just stops like that lol!!

Next time ill think nothing of it and probably be in true labour lol!!! :haha:

I know! even last night i was so in denial i didn't even call for advice, i hope i don't leave it too late in real labour and have to make a mad dash! Been bouncing on my ball for the last 20 mins and no pains at all now, so i reckon it was a big false alarm. Bloody body getting me excited like that!

I've had two bouts of prelabor now my first one lasted 15 hours and my second last night lasted 12 hours. I was sure last night was going to be it too, but ob checked me today and we still have a long ways to go. So I totally feel your pain and frustration!!!

Same here! 6 hours of what I thought were contractions in the night then nothing since! Argh

I had three hours of very intense full of pains about 3 weeks ago. I've been through labour before so know what it feels like! Then...nothing. I even called my hubby to come home from work. I'm now overdue! Would love to have those pains again!

Hope things start soon for all you ladies and doesn't stop!

XXxx

Had this on Saturday, from 9:00 - 20:00 I was contracting every 5/6 minutes on average. I really started to think 'this is it' but then they just tailed off and haven't come back. So frustrating! Come on uterus, get with the program!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->