Control Crying??!!

Here are some articles about what I said before

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/14/the_odd_body_crying/

https://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/1998/04.09/ChildrenNeedTou.html

https://askdrsears.com/html/10/handout2.asp

I think it's different when you let them cry by themselves then when you are trying to help them, they do still see you are there holding them, rocking them trying to make them feel better.

GREAT sites.

Oh crap! Thanks for the websites. I think I will try a more relaxed approach from now on and I feel so much better for it. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off me! He is napping now (8am) and if he wants to sleep all day he can I dont care anymore! Just going to let him find his own little routine which I am guessing will take a few weeks. Some books are so unrealistic and make parents feel like theyre doing something wrong if their bubs doesnt sleep 7am to 7pm! Here is to mummy knows best and a more relaxed one too....!!!

When I first went to my MW when pregnant - she said, "From this point on, don't read any books and don't google anything".

So, I haven't :) This site is the only one I have gone to as it is real life experience.

My LO (just over 3 months) never goes to bed before 10:30 or 11:00 pm unless she's really exhausted and she doesn't nap more than one hour at a time during the day. She's done this since about 2 weeks. We were really worried as everyone kept telling us that babies should sleep 18-20 hours a day. Ya, right... We just decided that she wasn't one of them and she wanted to be up. She also likes to just lay and talk but she's totally relaxed. So, we figured, she'd sleep when she wanted to.

Personally, I don't let her cry more than 10-15 minutes. I'm not a big fan of the let them cry philosophy but that's more me and I can't let it happen - every thing in me says to do something if she cries for longer.

If it isn't hunger, wet diaper, etc then I do the standing over the crib and talking and rubbing her cheek etc. if it is soft cries but if it is hard cries I just pick her up and walk with her doing the shushing sound... If that doesn't work then we go to the rocker and if that doesn't work - daddy takes a turn...and so on.

I'd just see how it goes and maybe let him stay up a bit longer and see if that helps...

Good luck!! :)

At Leo's age my LO was sleeping between 9pm-10pm...only one month or so back has he started sleeping at 7am...they are all different hun...just go with what Leo wants then im sure it will all work out...:hugs:

Also controlled crying can be awful for mummy at first however it is so worth it...i did it from a very young age (he never used to cry much anyway when sleeping)...but the hard work has really paid off...Goodluck hun xx

Oh crap! Thanks for the websites. I think I will try a more relaxed approach from now on and I feel so much better for it. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off me! He is napping now (8am) and if he wants to sleep all day he can I dont care anymore! Just going to let him find his own little routine which I am guessing will take a few weeks. Some books are so unrealistic and make parents feel like theyre doing something wrong if their bubs doesnt sleep 7am to 7pm! Here is to mummy knows best and a more relaxed one too....!!!

I'm glad they provided you the info you were looking for. He will set his own routine in time, don't worry :)

i think all babies are so different i know all 4 of mine have been , my oldest being the worst for sleeping even to the point of making himself sick so we would lift him out of his cot but he is 14 now , ive never read any books & i wouldn,t either . violet xx

Hey hun go with the flow :) Jacob used to be all over the place and i used to try and MAKE him go for a nap when I wanted. Now i play with him until he is really really tired and he falls asleep on his own no rocking needed (where as before i had to rock a screaming baby :dohh:) He now has a rountine and it works GREAT he knows when its night and day, so he wakes at between 8-9am goes for a nap about 11-12 for an hour (but when he gets up in the morning i make sure he is changed washed and we play then have breakfast then wash bottles then tummy time and by then he is really tired i pop his dummy in and he is asleep withing seconds)

Then after his nap we get up and play for 30mins then have lunch then we wind and play some more and he goes down about 3-4 for a 2hour nap. Then when he wakes we do the same and he has tea, then about 7ish he has a 30min nap then once he is up we have bath bottle wind and then he falls asleep on his own between 9.30-10.30 :) making sure he is really tired helps as he used tio cry like mad if i was putting him to bed and he wasnt tired :)

Good luck hunni XXXX

Thats shocking isn't it! Brain damage!

this is a topic that really upsets me... i mean i know every parent does things different.. but they dont always realize they could potentially be doing harm. children need love and affection. how can anyone think being left to cry does any good? Its just personal opinion... i dont mean to rub anyone the wrong way.

My baby gets plenty of love and affection, if those needs were not met she wouldnt be sleeping through the night so well and I wouldn't be able to put her down awake and hve her fall asleep in 5 mins... babies dont do that unless they trust the people and their surroundings...

ohh jeez come on girls , CIO method has been used for many years. It doesnt give them brain damage :rolleyes: there are babies that have colic and scream alot more then a baby that is CIO!

A baby isnt left to scream and scream then finally fall sleep. Thats not how it works.
Use your noggins!!

Jordyn does the same thing. shes done it since she was 2 months old, sleeping right through the night, falling asleep on her own, i've never let her cry herself to sleep once.

My baby gets plenty of love and affection, if those needs were not met she wouldnt be sleeping through the night so well and I wouldn't be able to put her down awake and hve her fall asleep in 5 mins... babies dont do that unless they trust the people and their surroundings...

I agree with every word. :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->