• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Controversial - Madeline McCann

I agree with you.

The cadaver dogs is EVIDENCE enough for me to suggest some serious foul play went on. Human blood found in the apartment, on Kate's clothes, in their rental car.

https://www.mccannfiles.com/id161.html
I've never seen or read anything of this nature, so I'm not going to comment on any of that, but why (and I realise you may not know the answer) did they wait almost three months to get the sniffer dog in? Don't you think that "evidence" they found at that point would have been unreliable? Unless they blocked the room for all those months... :shrug: also do they have DNA evidence to prove that it's Madeleines blood or the smell is due to HER body? It could have been in the car and transferred to the hotel room, or vice versa, from a previous rental

I've read reports it was 100% Madeline DNA. Whether that's the truth, I honestly don't know.

As for the 3 months, Portuguese police refused any help from the dogs initially I believe.

I agree with you.

The cadaver dogs is EVIDENCE enough for me to suggest some serious foul play went on. Human blood found in the apartment, on Kate's clothes, in their rental car.

https://www.mccannfiles.com/id161.html
No, the cadaver dogs are NOT evidence. They are not a reliable source of evidence, they are used as an indicator for further investigation. They are wrong as many times as they are right and would never stand up in a court.

What surprises me is, given the vigour with which the Portuguese police went after the mccanns, if there was all this forensic evidence that would stand up to legal scrutiny, wouldn't they have proceeded with a case against them? The case was dropped because of a lack of evidence meaning there is no compelling legal reason to suspect them.

But of course the type of shit found all over Google must be far more accurate than actual information gathered in the course of a police investigation.

Incidentally, there is not a shred of evidence that drugged their children. I am absolutely certain the search of their apartment would have come up with evidence they had done this. Unless they used the last of their doping drugs on that one night?

I just can't understand the speculation. The police are investigating and if they did it they will be caught. Unfortunately it seems no amount of evidence against them doing it will convince anyone of that.

I think condemning the McCanns is victim-blaming.
And no, Madeline is not the only victim. Her family has been dealing with her abduction for years now. The abductor is the criminal, not the parents.
It is very grim to hear how quickly we turn on each other in tragedies like this, rather than offer compassion and support.
It is very interesting how few people have commented that the abductor is perhaps the one all the rage should be focused on.

Not everyone believes that she was abducted though :shrug:

The reason there are so many differing views on the entire incident is because everyone believes a different theory. If I believed the abduction story then I'd have the same opinion as you, but I personally believe that she either had an accident, or they gave her too much medication to sleep and was found too late. Of course I'm going to blame her parents for that as well as for the fact that they hid it to protect themselves and left their child's body in a foreign country.

It all depends on which scenario people believe and there is no wrong or right opinion since we're all going based on how we each interpret what we hear and read about the case.

Those are some pretty massive and nasty speculations. Based on what? Some sensationalist "news" reporting?
This isn't some whodunnit on TV. The McCanns are real people with feelings. Speculating like that is awful. It's really vindictive, mean-spirited gossip-mongering. These people have lost their child. Suggesting that they murdered her is pretty outrageous. If there were evidence to support what you are saying, something would have been done about it.
I find it incredible how many on here are casually, yet confidently, stating this as though it's factual. Again, where is the compassion?

At last someone talking sense!! Some of the opinions on here are frightening. All of the information you are basing your nasty speculation (and is is nasty) on is from sensational stories in the press and gossip on the web. It demonstrates lack of compassion and frankly -intelligence.

The class argument sounds bitter and is irrelevant. If it were you in this situation wouldn't you do everything in your power to keep your child's story in the press. Is it unfair that other missing children don't have the same exposure? yes absolutely but that is not the McCann's fault. They are doing what they MUST to to find answers. If they have the money and contacts at their disposal then of course they will use it!

Now, go back to your discussion about cadaver dogs, medicine and all the other mean-spirited rubbish...

I wish people would read threads properly before replying if they are going to jump to conclusions. I said there is a class element here, it's not unique to the McCanns case it is rife throughout our media, I have said IT IS NOT their fault (in terms of media coverage), they have done what every parent would and made the most of all resources offered to them and more. That doesn't mean I find it acceptable that our society and media prefer to victimise certain members of society more than others, I have only highlighted the issue, it just means thinking outside the box of how the media portrays things rather than just having everything thrown at you and taking it a face value. I want all victims to be treated the same NOT for Madeliene's case to have less attention, there is a difference.

I also don't like all the accusations going against the McCanns, I haven't read into any of it, I don't want to, I don't know either way but do trust the police will be doing what they can and wouldn't let a case like this drag out if they didn't think there was any point.

(Oh and I am white and probably what you would class as middle class so it certainly isn't a bitter thing, I can just make my own deductions from how I think the media chooses to portray certain stories)

I don't know if maybe there are some social norms at play though. Perhaps in the ethnic communities calling the Daily Mail isn't your main port of call when a child goes missing. Maybe it's wishful thinking but I just can't believe if Sky got wind of a story where an Asian child had been lifted from the street at 7pm whilst out with friends they wouldn't run with it? The girls abducted that I mentioned don't always "fit the profile" but maybe the issue is these are the types of children who are targeted. Is it really the case where serial abductors or even individuals are kidnapping children, killing them and only the cute little girls are making the news? Maybe it's more a case that these are the type of girls who are targeted most often?

If the press weren't interested in children other than that, we'd never have heard of Victoria Climbie

I don't know how many of you watched Broadchurch ( and I won't spoil it for those who didn't), but I found it fascinating watching the process that led to a character being vilified by the media based on speculation, and how quickly the masses ate up headlines like they were official police reports. Very eye opening, and demonstrated the danger of mob mentality.

All of the information you are basing your nasty speculation (and is is nasty) on is from sensational stories in the press and gossip on the web. It demonstrates lack of compassion and frankly -intelligence.

Now, go back to your discussion about cadaver dogs, medicine and all the other mean-spirited rubbish...

I like how you're both calling anyone with a different opinion mean spirited, yet you're the only ones calling people names and insinuating we're stupid. When everyone else has managed to keep it polite :dohh:

So rude and unnecessary and surprising for such "compassionate" people.

I don't know if maybe there are some social norms at play though. Perhaps in the ethnic communities calling the Daily Mail isn't your main port of call when a child goes missing. Maybe it's wishful thinking but I just can't believe if Sky got wind of a story where an Asian child had been lifted from the street at 7pm whilst out with friends they wouldn't run with it? The girls abducted that I mentioned don't always "fit the profile" but maybe the issue is these are the types of children who are targeted. Is it really the case where serial abductors or even individuals are kidnapping children, killing them and only the cute little girls are making the news? Maybe it's more a case that these are the type of girls who are targeted most often?

If the press weren't interested in children other than that, we'd never have heard of Victoria Climbie

Yeah this is true, I definitely don't think it's as black and white as "because they are middle class and white that's the only reason it's still in the press" as someone has said sometimes their background has only worked against them. I just think particularly in terms of the way they have been relatively favourably portrayed by the media despite their shocking mistakes, I think there is a class element to this, as I say if for example someone from a different background went to the pub the media would probably hit it at a totally different angle if this makes sense? And I think there is the element of white girls as victims it's something that has been studied recently, but I know that is only part of it, I don't think we live in a society which as you say wouldn't be interested if she had different colour skin. We would definitely need to look at the statistics of the backgrounds of children taken and how much press time they got to make comparison, it would be an interesting study, I think it's something they have done in the US particularly comparing those 3 women in Ohio.

I think the thing that shocked me in the early days was the number of people coming out and saying "there but for the grace of god". Maybe the reaction wasn't so much a class thing but more that it would seem it was actually something a lot of people did on holiday. Maybe again there are social differences at play as perhaps the general attitude of the way some people of different social groups (I hate the "class" idea) behave on holiday? Perhaps if you are a wealthy working couple who tend to have children looked after, and have been raised yourself in that environment you are more likely to see a holiday as time for yourself to unwind rather than other groups who might see holidays more as catching up on family time. For the most part journalists/media commentators are not part of that society - lower paid working families. And there is an element of not understanding the way they live.

But I also think there was a feeling that it was distasteful to immediately jump on them as having been at fault. And I have to be honest, looking at most media reports in the early days of all of these things, there aren't generally any reports or comments which will blast the parents for any error. That is usually left to Twitter and forums. Only when it becomes apparent there is a family or friend connection, do the press start to go in to it.

One point though, social services did investigate the family afterwards, just as they would if were someone leaving their kids here to go to the pub. They found there was no case to answer, just as they might do in the latter case. It's not illegal and as long as there is no neglect or threat to safety, there would probably just be a chat about the risks. I remember a case where a mother had left her two young children to go to work as her baby sitter had cancelled and she would have lost her job if she didn't go in. There was no action taken there either.

All of the information you are basing your nasty speculation (and is is nasty) on is from sensational stories in the press and gossip on the web. It demonstrates lack of compassion and frankly -intelligence.

I like how you're both calling anyone with a different opinion mean spirited, yet you're the only ones calling people names and insinuating we're stupid. When everyone else has managed to keep it polite :dohh:

So rude and unnecessary and surprising for such "compassionate" people.

And I like how you consider that spreading malicious and unfounded rumours about a couple who lost their child is just "a different opinion".
Apparently, we have different definitions of both the words "rude" and "compassionate".

I haven't followed the case too closely, being on the opposite side of the world and all, but I think it's probably easy to at least suspect the McCanns of more than negligent behaviour purely based on the fact that their negligence is so unthinkable to most of us. I mean, it's easy to leap from "What kind of idiots leave three children sleeping in an unlocked apartment out of sight while you're living it up at dinner with friends?!" to "Well if they're that stupid and uncaring, maybe they accidentally killed one of their children and covered it up."

Trouble is, the evidence for that leap just doesn't seem that strong for me. And perhaps more convincingly for me, as the years wear on and they keep going back and back to the media, I have to ask: "If you were the kind of idiot who accidentally killed their child, and successfully got away with covering it up, why the hell would you not just let the media furore die down quietly, and go away? Why would you ever, ever bring it up again?" All you would have to say in response to enquiries is that you have accepted your child is gone now, so many years later, and you are just trying to deal with your grief in private.

They let their children down.It was not a moment of stupidity or a bad choice,that would have been once.They did it every night and even when their child came to them and asked where they were at night,they chose to do it again.They absolutely failed that poor little girl. :cry:

They let their children down.It was not a moment of stupidity or a bad choice,that would have been once.They did it every night and even when their child came to them and asked where they were at night,they chose to do it again.They absolutely failed that poor little girl. :cry:

I'm not sure they are involved in her disappearance but this is totally true :cry:

On another thread it has been asked though, why she left her twins in the very place that she believed her daughter to have been taken from to go and sound the alarm? Surely you wouldn't do that? Sheer panic maybe? Not thinking past where is Madeleine?

I'm interested in seeing the concrete evidence to prove abduction.

As whilst some people think they're involved, the rest think abduction. Why? Oh because that's what the McCanns said.

It's ALL speculation, no matter what your OPINION is on the matter....which everyone is entitled to form and shouldn't be name called as malicious and nasty for doing so.

Trouble is, the evidence for that leap just doesn't seem that strong for me. And perhaps more convincingly for me, as the years wear on and they keep going back and back to the media, I have to ask: "If you were the kind of idiot who accidentally killed their child, and successfully got away with covering it up, why the hell would you not just let the media furore die down quietly, and go away? Why would you ever, ever bring it up again?" All you would have to say in response to enquiries is that you have accepted your child is gone now, so many years later, and you are just trying to deal with your grief in private.
good point; of you'd accidentally killed your child you wouldn't keep bringing the media attention, nor asking the police to look into it again. I never thought there was foul play, but if there was, to risk being found out all over again is just stupid

On another thread it has been asked though, why she left her twins in the very place that she believed her daughter to have been taken from to go and sound the alarm? Surely you wouldn't do that? Sheer panic maybe? Not thinking past where is Madeleine?
i have to admit that I've done stupid things with my kids in the past; leaving them in harms way, and I'm just lucky nobody took advantage of it and nothing happened to them. Sometimes though, depending on the situation, you aren't thinking straight and you act on impulse. Plus, at that point perhaps she wasn't thinking "abduction" and was simply wondering if Madeleine had walked out of the door, so perhaps she still saw the apartment as "safe" and therefore no need to take the twins with her :shrug:

The Portuguese Police were certain she wasn't abducted. The Man on the case, Amarel, has written a book and released a documentary showing how she died in that apartment. The Mcanns became suspects and were interviewed and Kate Mcann refused to answer 42 out of 48 questions. Since the case over there was closed, Portrugal has had nothing to do with the case, and crimewatch was shown all over Europe bar in Portrugal..

I Feel for some reason the UK media and police are covering for the mcanns. The portreguese police released a lot of evidence that doesn't make it to our papers. Eg the cadaver scent, the blood found in the apartment, the cadaver in the wardrobe. Also the fact the window was open but opened from the inside, with Kate Mcanns fingerprints?
Then there is also the fact they rented an apartment while they searched for Madeline, and Gerry replaced the Fridge? He has a blog, this was written on it for an hour before he deleted the entry. Kate also washed cuddle cat. And cadaver scent was still noted.
My Final bit, that has now come out in UK papers (very unpromoted) Was that the priest that Gerry and Kate borrowed keys to the church from so they could pray alone, admitted some form of confession from kate, said he had been decieved and demanded all missing posters of maddie to be taken down.

Now I feel awful for the Mcanns, i feel so sorry for them that after losing a child they have constant speculation and bad things said about them, they ave been punished. But after looking for myself and seeing all of this (and watching the portregeuse documentary) and seeing their crimewatch appeal, the efit, and interviews of their reaction, I do smell a rat.
Innocent till proven guilty and all though, and i appreciate i'm a massive hypocrite writing this post and i hope they don't have to see it.

The resemblance between the latest e-fit and Jerry McCann is uncanny...

E-fit: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/14/article-2459722-18B914D600000578-804_306x423.jpg

Jerry: https://www.chrisspivey.co.uk/wp-co...ry-mccann-kate-mccann-gerry-mccann-1KhGBT.jpg

I don't know what to make of it, but it's very strange.

Surely the police can see the resemblance too though?

They didnt deserve the consequence, but their actions contributed to it. I feel bad for them, and angry, but mostly just hope they find the little girl. I do admit, I utter 'idiots' when I see them on the news. I cant help myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->