*Cooking club!* 27th Dec recipe - pg 7! Anyone for a New Year drink? :D

I made the cheese straws and BURNT them! Then I took a pic of some shop bought ones and was going to fool you (mwahahah) then my charger for my camera blew up.

Karma is a bitch!

ROFL Chaos you cheating cow! I'm not going to do mine till Xmas eve...just because that's when I'm doing all the baking etc for Xmas day lol!

Another suggestion for nibbley bits...sausage rolls! Home made, really easy (when you buy ready made puff pastry from the supermarket ;P) You can either buy plain sausage meat, or buy plenty of sausages and just take them out of their skins!!

I like to buy plain sausage meat and add my own herbs and spices like a bit or sage and onion and some garlic...nom nom nom!

You can also make vegetarian ones using substitute sausage meat, or make cheese and onion ones!

Sooooooo looking forward to Xmas eve baking!

BM xx

jus to let you all know that jus roll puff pastry is only 90p in the fridge section of tesco for 500g in the freezer section! makin mine soon as i have everything sorted for christmas xx

Charlie and I have made the shortbread this afternoon. It's gorgeous!! So rich and crumbly and buttery. We did some rolled out and cut out with Xmas cutters, and some round ones. I've took pics but cant find the USB cable at the minute.:dohh:

Finally got round to making something so went for the super easy one as i'm feeling a bit rough today...

so here's my twists...a few with dried chilli, a few with rosemary and sea salt, lots with chedder yum lol
turned out gorgous - used my own puff pastry as i love making it and then the fat is pure butter so its extra yummy.
(I do think everyone on my facebook is going to wonder why I've a picture of cheese twists up though lol)

https://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs092.snc3/15934_375803840345_568215345_9837035_2059259_n.jpg

Nommy cheese straws!!! I haven't gotten round to doing any cooking yet, am so tired and not exactly feeling up to standing up for periods of time...as soon as I have kicked my doctors into shape and they give me something for the leg pain!

Good work though those who have tried out a few of the recipes!

BM xx

Heya! Hope you all had a great christmas and are looking forward to New Years!

So as the thread title says, cocktails for new year? Obviously some of us can't be knocking back a nice Cosmo or two, so trying to think of some non alc ones as well..?

I've been having a talk with some of my buddies, and they gave me some nice recipes for some simple cocktails that taste GREAT!

Capucine: Shake a shot of peppermint cordial and 4 shots of cream in a cocktail shaker, add crushed ice and decorate with grated chocolate.

Appleade: Chop up 2 large apples and pour a pint of boiling water over them. Sprinkle in a tiny dash of sugar and leave to stand for a few minutes. Strain the liquid, leave to cool and serve with lots of ice and apple/lemon garnish

Berry Surprise: Blend 1 cup of strawberries, a cup of pineapple chunks, half a cup of raspberries and a splash of lime cordial together and serve over ice.

Jungle Juice: Place 1 banana, 4 tablespoons of orange juice and a dash of ginger in a blender and whizz on a medium speed until liquefied. Pour into a glass (with ice if it's a hot day) and enjoy!

Golden Glow Punch: Mix 3 shots of orange juice, 3 shots of lemonade, a shot of apple juice and 2 shots of ginger ale in a bowl and serve over ice.

Orangatang: Place half part orange juice and half cranberry juice in a blender and whizz until thoroughly mixed together. Serve with a straw and crushed ice.

Strawberry Sparkle Punch: Puree 4 cups of strawberries in a blender and place in a large punch bowl. Dissolve 3oz jelly in boiling water and stir in 6oz lemonade. Add the mixture to the punch bowl stirring in 28oz of cranberry juice, 2 cups of cold water and 28oz of ginger ale.

More will follow, only I'm having difficulty trying to find where I left my sheet of cocktails as I moved everything in my big tidy up of the house for xmas lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->