*Cooking club!* 27th Dec recipe - pg 7! Anyone for a New Year drink? :D

Have been thinking about recipes today and have thought of some vege ones which the meaties will have to think of ways to incorperate meat if they so wish to lol...hate being one sided and I love vege food too! :p

I'm kinda in .. i'm really really picky/fussy with food so i bet a lot of the recipes i wont be able to make due to not liking but i'll defo join in with the ones i like or think i'll like etc, don't mind posting piccies too :)

dont panic i am a veggie so i will be doing a veggie alternative if i can! an if there are bits you dont like you can always substitute with something you do like and give others ideas.

Oooh this is what I was going to say!!I'm in but I'm a veggie so if its meaty I'll have to tweak it a bit.
Gnomette maybe we can help each other out a bit if we get stuck with veggifying things?
xxxxxxx

sounds fab to me!

I am SSSOOO in! BnB and allrecipes are my websites! LOL And Food Network is my Channel! LOL I LOVE baking and cooking!!! :happydance:

Ooh yeah I'll give it a go! I'm also really fussy but like experimenting so if there's an ingredient in the recipe I don't like then I'll just change it for something that I do like if thats ok?

xxx

Well tomorrow I shall be posting the first recipe! Sooooo excited! Probs put it on in the morning, though remember you have all week to do it, more than likely I'll be doing mine tomorrow lol...remember to post pics of the turn out and how anyone who tried it, like it!

See you all tomorrow!

BM xx

Ok, so this weeks recipe is a winter warming soup with basil dumplings...thought I'd put an easy one to start with but one that is loved by many...

Soup:
Ingredients:
Shallots (Any onion would do)
Swede (peeled and diced)
Carrots (peeled and chopped)
Parsnips (peeled and chopped)
Leeks (trimmed and sliced to thick chunks)
1 tin Canned butter beans (drained and rinsed)
1 tbspoon of tomato puree
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tsp dried mix herbs (can be substituted by fresh if you have time and prefer)
1 stock cube (chicken or veg, depending on preference)

Making the soup:
Boil water in a big pan...add all the veg, stock cube, herbs, beans, and tomato puree

Simmer for 30 mins or until the veg is cooked through and beans are soft

You can either get a hand held blender out and give it a wizz to liquify it and have a thick soup, or you can have it as a stew...either way it is packed with they healthy stuff!

Dumplings:
Ingredients:
100g self-raising flour
100g shredded suet
100g fresh breadcrumbs
30g butter
2 shallots, diced
1 clove of garlic
1-2 tbsp basil
2 eggs, beaten

Making the dumplings!
1. Combine the flour, suet and breadcrumbs in a mixing bowl.

2. Melt the butter in a heavy-based pan and sweat the shallot until soft, then add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute. Add this mixture to the mixing bowl with the chopped basil and mix well.

3. Stir in the eggs to bind the mixture, then roll into balls about the size of small onions.

5. Add the dumplings to the soup and cook for 25-35 minutes, depending on the thickness of the dumplings.

ENJOY!!!! Later I will post some "extra's if you have time and fancy doing them" bits

Don't forget to take a pic of your creations and post them on here!

BM xx

OOoohhh fabby recipe to start with!!! I'm excited - bring on my MA payment tomo to go buy ingredients!!

I'm doing mine tonight!! Hectic few days so not gotten round to it yet...how are other people getting on with theirs?

BM xx

I haven't done it yet (only just seen it :blush:) but i may get the stuff over the weekend and give it a whirl on Monday :D Sounds yummy!

OK, so I have to admit, though I did make it this evening, I forgot to take a pic! I was so hungry and so desperate to get in to watch corrie I forgot to take the chuffing picture!!!

However, I added a bit of curry powder and paprika to it to give it a lil something extra, which was AMAZING. I loved it and the dumplings were fantastic too!

I want some more now :(

Think next time I wouldn#t put the tomato in, but it was nice, different. Didn't whizz the hand whizzer in either cos I fancied it chunky but might give it a smoother texture next time...might even put a creamy whirl in it too...damn now I want to go to the farmers market and get more veg to make it all again!!!

How is everyone else fairing up with it? I'm planning the rest of the months conquests too! Including xmas nibbles and canape recipes, and some new year ideas too...

Any requests or recipe's you would like us to try, just PM me and I'll get them on the calendar!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->