*Cooking club!* 27th Dec recipe - pg 7! Anyone for a New Year drink? :D

I've had a hard week so I think Sunday I will get this done! :)

Ok so last weeks soup didn't get much of a response but I suppose soup isn't to everyone's liking...so during this week I am going to post 2 weeks worth of recipe's to try...mostly because next week everyone will be too busy getting ready for crimbo!

So the theme is Christmas nibbles and canape's! Something for if you have family coming over and don't want to do a big sit down meal, which can always be a pain in the bum when large amounts of people are coming over! So little things that can be left on the table and people help themselves to are always nice and handy...especially when unexpected relatives come over because they are "in the area" (Sodding in-laws!)

Quick and easy one for you are cheese straws...packet of ready made puff pastry or you can make your own if you have the time and can be bothered (I go for shop bought when I have two lil boys at my feet saying "I'm hungryyyyy")...grated cheese is the other thing you need! Just roll out the pastry, cut into strips the size of your choice, sprinkle grated cheese onto the strips and twist them, lay on a baking tray (foil the tray first as melted cheese is always a pain in the arse to remove!) and bake till they look done!

Simples! You can add different seasonings like salt, pepper, chillies etc as you wish! (will be nice to see what people come up with for those)

Ah crap I had a bit of an exhausted/lazy week last week and just cooked really easy things all week (pasta etc) so I completely forgot to do this...sorrrrry :dohh:

Heading out to the supermarket in a sec though and I love cheese straws so these will definitely definitely get done :thumbup: xx

sorry hun i have had a week if all sorts i will make the cheese straws for lil mans christmas party at school!

Another recipe for xmas nibbley thingys, Shortbread cookies! Cut em to be festive!

YOU WILL NEED:
2 cups butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour

You gotta:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in vanilla; add flour and mix well.
Put through cookie press and form cookies onto baking sheets. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.

Sorry, Krockwell gave me the recipe...hence the "cups" measurements but...
1 cup of butter measures to 226g
1 cup of sugar measures to 201g
1 cup of flour measures to 128g

More will follow!

BM xx

Another recipe for xmas nibbley thingys, Shortbread cookies! Cut em to be festive!

YOU WILL NEED:
2 cups butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour

You gotta:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in vanilla; add flour and mix well.
Put through cookie press and form cookies onto baking sheets. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.

Sorry, Krockwell gave me the recipe...hence the "cups" measurements but...
1 cup of butter measures to 226g
1 cup of sugar measures to 201g
1 cup of flour measures to 128g

More will follow!

BM xx

I find if you mix the butter first for about 5 minutes, then add the sugar and mix again for 5 minutes, THEN add the flour, one cup at a time - it makes them turn out AMAZING!

Also, I found on my oven, cooking time was 10 minutes, and they're awesome!

:)
I'm dipping 1/2 of each cookie in chocolate, and then putting pecan pieces on, just for a little something different!! :) PLus I love chocolate!! :D

Mmmmm I think I'm going to make those shortbread cookies tomorrow!!!

I have some puff pastry in my freezer, dident think of making cheese straws with them.

Should be plain flour....otherwise they would rise in the oven...might give it a go with both lol

Mmm!!! I will probably make the cookies today! :D

Thought I'd add another appetiser...something that can be done in mini's or in larger scales to slice...

Savoury Christmas Puds!
You will need: 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
200g grated Cheddar cheese
2 onions, chopped
2 ounces diced peppers (red and green are nice and festive)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
10 Pitted Olives, sliced or chunks
Assorted crackers

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in cheddar cheese, onions, pimientos, butter and Worcestershire sauce. Make into small balls in cupcake tray; smooth top. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before unmolding. Serve with crackers.

Nommy!

Simples but fun!

Thanks for this.Im joining.Deffo have to try out some of these recipies :D xxx

Hey Kelz, I have some more recipes to put up to cover the next two weeks lol! If you have any suggestions, just PM me and I will stick them in the updates :) Am making the shortbread cookies with the boys tomorrow, probably going to make a christmas tree out of them!!! Will post pics once decorated!

can i join? those shortbread cookies sound FIT! especially half dipped in chocolate haha

x

ooooo! I've just seen the recipe for shortbread cookies. I'll be making them later!!:happydance:

Everyone is free to join us! I'll be posting another recipe this evening, Hope people are enjoying the one's already posted!

BM xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->