Cooking our little Christmas cakes - late Dec babies

Hello and congratulations to all expecting their babies this December. I've been reading the posts for a while but this is the first time I've posted... Erm lol... Got my :bfp: on 16th April and baby is due 24th December :happydance: Christmas Eve. I'm mommy to one Angel in Heaven and have a little boy Charlie who is 2 today!! Really hoping everything goes well for us all, sending lots of love and luck to you all xxx

Kirsten - sorry to hear you're still feeling rubbish.

Pinknpurple -welcome along

Morning sickness - BIL gave me a theory yesterday (based on his experience of people he knows) - his sister/my SIL didn't have morning sickness and had girls, second time his sister had morning sickness and had a boy.

Kirsten - do you have a preference (you don't have to tell us if you don't want) but you might be on for a boy if that's a representative sample to go on!

I dont mind but I was told the opposite - lots of sickness = girl

Ah well, guess it's another one that everyone is different then.

Roll on 2nd tri when sickness should go away (hopefully before that cos 7 weeks is a long time to wait)

My mom and mil didnt actually get sick with any of their kids but felt nautous (sp) which is how I am feeling lately. Im kindof feeling like I've got a hangover but not quite the same. More in my gut less in my head (no headache) Smells are getting to me - sometimes worse than others.
I bought some new pants this weekend - Ive been so bloated that my other ones have been really uncomfortable (& I havent gained any weight) Also bought a baby name book - very early I know but dh was really getting into names - so didnt want to squash that enthusiasm!

Sorry to hear you are still sick Kristin! No fun!
I wont be telling dh that you guys are already getting new cars - its what he's been talking about - he's thinking its a good excuse for an upgrade! I bet you are excited!!!

I'll have starved to death if it lasts the whole of first tri :rofl: already lost 5lbs

Just 5lb more for you not to feel bad about putting back on when you can keep stuff down - make up for lost time (and lbs!)

I hadn't got on my Wii fit for a couple of months, got on it on Saturday and I was 4lb lighter than last time so I'd obviously lost some weight whilst TTC - all the extra exercise maybe - lol

I was worried about putting on weight but losing it at 5lbs a week is a bit extreme:|

Dont feel too bad at the minute :happydance: probably just cursed myself now

Hi ladies!

Daisybee, congrats on the new car!

Kiristin, sorry the ms has struck so hard.

I threw up for the first time this morning and my bbs are killing me! Woke up during the night whenever I rolled onto my side. I'm only 5 weeks and already have to find new bras-have big red lines from bra cutting into bbs. It certainly makes it feel much more real now.

We've decided to tell the family on Mother's Day (May 10 in NZ). Think they're already getting pretty suspicious by me not drinking at dinner the other weekend.

Had a funny conversation at work yesterday too. I was asked "when are you going to start a family? You should start trying now because it can take a while you know!" Ha ha ha, won't they be surprised once they find out!

Today is the first day that I've thought I might actually be sick as well - haven't been yet and it seems to have died down a bit so fingers crossed. Just hoping I'm not throwing up all weekend as I'm going away with the girls..... Please hold off for another week PLEASE.....

Telling people on Mothers Day is a lovely idea Amerikiwi, our mothers day was 22 March so I would have had to be psychic to tell people then!
Father's day is 15 June (or there abouts) so would have been good if I could have waited that long....

ive been being sick for a week and a half now - every morning about 10 mins after getting up!! xx

I feel pretty good til I eat breakfast - then feeling ick the rest of the morning (if I eat anything else or not) I start to feel better around lunchtime. Sat. I felt ick most of the day though. No vomiting yet! FX!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!

I never knew how yucky morning sickness was!! lol I've never had any morning sickness with either of my other two pregnancies...both boys and feeling nauseous already (at 5 weeks and 5 days) this time around so hoping maybe girl...? I win either way because I get a lovely new addition for Christmas lol xxx

Hi am i legible to joiN? I am (i think) due on 31st December. LMP was 26th March but dr didnt tell me ANYTHING!

x

Of course - the more the merrier! The name was just cos I liked the Christmas Cake - bun in the oven comparison (call me silly if you like)

I'm not feeling too bad today, but I'm going for the constant grazing way of eating, as food seemed to make me feel better yesterday, and hope the ickiness stays away.....

And I don't think Doctors can tell you anything better than the internet until the 12 week (ish) scan when they can check how big the baby is and update from then.

x

Hi ladies, well i'm due to go back to see my dr on friday (she wouldn't really help much when i first went in as i was only just pregnant! she told me to come back in 2weeks if i made it that far!)

I'm very anxious about this pregnancy as i had a miscarriage earlier in the year and got pregnant again straight away.... i'm so so so worried it will happen again. I really need a scan to reasure us that everything is developing but am v. reluctant to spend £100 on a private one (i keep telling myself that's a carseat or diy money to do up the nursery etc) but why oh why won't the nhs provide one? They say i'm not any more likely to have a miscarriage than anyone else so no special treatment until you have 3 miscarriages!

My pregnancy seems simular to my last - v sore boobs, starting to get nausea now a little different with the bloating. I'm v.v.v bloated (hubby keeps teasing me that i must be preg with twins!) and i've have had a few mornings of dry reaching... thank goodness i've not actually been sick cause i'm the kind of girl that once i start i don't stop for about an hour (i'd never get to work on time!)

Can't wait for christmas this year..... i have a due date of 25th dec!

Hope all goes well on Friday ttcbabyno.1 - if my experience is anything to go by you won't get much other than a referal to a midwife, but at least they should be able to make it "official" that you're pregnant - yey!

Hey ttcbabyno.1, nice avatar piccy soooo cute, my due date is Christmas Eve. Really sorry to hear of your mc earlier in the year and it's a pity that the nhs won't provide you with a scan to put your mind at rest, but I really hope you can find some support and comfort here :) the people are all so lovely and a lot of the threads are very comforting and reassuring.*hugs* xxx

Have my doctors appointment tomorrow, OH was speaking to his doctor today who said I might be getting dehydrated:( if so, off to hospital I go :|

Morning Christmas Cake Bakers! It sounds like we are quite a sick bunch right now.

I think the name morning sickness is a misnomer. Sounds like some are all-day sick. I seem to have evening sickness instead! I wake up feeling queezy, have breakfast and vitamins and then it subsides for most of the day, so long as I don't let myself get hungry, until until about 6PM where it builds throughout the evening.

I've continued taking B-50s (took them to lengthen LP while TTC) which I now find out are recommended for m/s. I think that's why mine subsides and then comes back in evening since I take the Bs with breakfast.

Good luck at the Docs Kirstin and ttcbaby1. Let us know how you get on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->