• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

coping with a toddler and a baby...

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
has anybody got any tips on how i can get the kids into a routine?

we get up at 7.30 and id like them both in bed by 9

Keep Johns routine the same. And develope Ffions around that. That's what I've done. Mikey continues to go to bed at 7:30 and she's usually napping until her last feed before I go to bed at 10pm.

but we didnt have a routine in the first place!

My routine with Nathan is

8am - Breakfast and drink
12 - Dinner and drink
4pm - Meal and drink
5.30pm - Light snack
6.15pm - Bath
6.45pm - Milky drink
7pm - Bed

With Kieran I still feed him on demand except for at night when he will have a breastfeed then go to bed at 10pm (will be bringing this down to 8pm, then 7pm soon though so I get some peace in the evening :lol:) He wakes up at night still around 3am for a feed but then will go back to sleep.

Maybe try getting Rhys into a routine that suits you and him first then fit ffions routine in with that :)

I know I only have a toddler, but this is her rough routine:

8/8:30am - Breakfast
Chill time, play time, cuddles, park, go for a walk etc..
1pm - Lunchtime
2pm - Nap time
3:30/4pm - Play time, walk maybe, go to shop etc
6:30/7pm - Dinner time
7:30 - Milky and bedtime

Bethanie usually wakes up at 7:30 as well

Very hard and very difficult. Up until I had Lucy, Rebecca was in no routine and she dictated to us :blush: Not now, its tough love with them both otherwise you'd go insane!

Anyway here goes....(roughly)

7.00am Both get up-share a room so one always wakes the other
7.30-8.00am Both breakfast
Then its either Playgroup or walks
12-12.30 Lunch
1.00pm Both down for a nap
3pm Both up
Then its play time
5-6pm Tea Time
6.30-7pm is both in bath together
7.30-8pm both in bed, story, lights out

May I add tho, my routine is far from perfect and both still continue to take the piss and wake up loads during the night for a drink or what not.

But see the difference having them down at night, and getting some "me" time makes the world of a difference. All be it I sit on my arse with a glass of rose!

try and be strict with them both, and put them down att he same time together, every night. Bath time is winding down time, followed by milk then story and lights out!

It might take a while hun, but honestly for your own sanity be firm and regimental with them!

Good luck

PS Im no expert, i just know only too well what its like having a 2 year old and baby in no routine! x

strict mealtimes and work everything else around that...I put Joe to bed at 7-7.30 and then Katie down at 8-8.30. Putting Joe to bed first gives me that half hour with Katie to feed her/cuddle her before bed. Ideally though I should have them both in bed at 7-7.30 and this is something I'll aim for in the next few weeks.

Try and get them in a routine and try and stick to it, manily bed times.

I have to routine for them getting up i'll let them sleep as long as they want but, kira goes bed around 6-7 most of the time 6.30 depending how tired she is. kacy goes bed at half 7 dinner is around 12 and tea around 5 for kira kacy eats with us.

My stepsons have lived with us for 3 years now from when they were 2 and 5.
You have to choose bedtimes and stick to them. For Rhys give bath and teeth or wash and teeth then in Pjs about an hour before bedtime that was he is done ready so wont be stalling when it is time for bed.Maybe get him to choose a book at the shops as a treat for you starting this routine so he gets 10 mins ready time with you in bed on his own etc....thats what we did with the boys so they each got fair time.
Now though boys are older..4 and 8 so it goes 6pm-6.30 ish Tabs bath and PJs 6.30 4 yr old goes up and does teeth and pjs and wash he then cooses 15 mins of ben 10 to watch on telly instead of book.7pm Take 4 yr old up tuck in etc, back down feeding tabs by 7.10pm then get her off to sleep on lap....if she gets off properly she will then stay asleep all evening. 8 Yr old does teeth,wash pjs etc at 8pm then bed for 8.15pm
Tabs sleeps downstairs until we go up as she chokes quite often!

Just choose a routine that will fit in with your times etc and stick to it, and like someone else said tough love until they get used to it lol which they will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->