Coronation Street

I find it highly frustrating that yet again the big C is being raised awareness of. In Corrie and in EE (Carol Jackon found a lump).

You know what I'd love these soaps to do? Raise awareness on other conditions, such as heart conditions, liver and kidney problems etc.

All too often the big C is raised awareness of, and please please don't get me wrong - it does need awareness raised but literally, it seems like every 6 months someone has cancer and to me, I feel the members of general public would benefit more from hearing about conditions other than Cancer..

Is that it for Tina now? Sure I read she was going to be killed off xx

I read she will be killed to! I don't think that's the end for her

Same here, I was very confused when she left in a cab yesterday..

I googled it and found this....

As Michelle Keegan made her exit from Coronation Street, there were plenty of tears as distraught fans came together in grief – with some even describing it as the ‘worst moment in Corrie history.’
With some threatening to boycott the show and others breaking down at losing such a ‘beautiful’ face from the Street, her exit set Twitter ablaze.

Keegan’s character Tina McIntyre bid her farewell after giving her married lover Peter Barlow an ultimatum to choose her or his new wife Carla Connor. So when recovering alcoholic Barlow chose Carla and devastated Tina by telling her he didn’t love her, the Rovers Return barmaid packed her bags and jumped into the back of a taxi headed for the bright lights of London.

Not only did the storyline leave Tina in tears, fans of the soap have been left broken by it too.

However, many didn’t realise that these were not in fact Tina’s final scenes as she will be returning for an even more dramatic plot in which she will be murdered in May.

Now sit back, relax and enjoy the hysterics as here, we bring you the best bits of the Twitter reaction to this faux exit storyline:

I thought she was going to be killed off too. Maybe she comes back sometime and then it happens?

As Michelle Keegan made her exit from Coronation Street, there were plenty of tears as distraught fans came together in grief – with some even describing it as the ‘worst moment in Corrie history.’
With some threatening to boycott the show and others breaking down at losing such a ‘beautiful’ face from the Street, her exit set Twitter ablaze.

Keegan’s character Tina McIntyre bid her farewell after giving her married lover Peter Barlow an ultimatum to choose her or his new wife Carla Connor. So when recovering alcoholic Barlow chose Carla and devastated Tina by telling her he didn’t love her, the Rovers Return barmaid packed her bags and jumped into the back of a taxi headed for the bright lights of London.

Not only did the storyline leave Tina in tears, fans of the soap have been left broken by it too.

However, many didn’t realise that these were not in fact Tina’s final scenes as she will be returning for an even more dramatic plot in which she will be murdered in May.

Now sit back, relax and enjoy the hysterics as here, we bring you the best bits of the Twitter reaction to this faux exit storyline:

Didnt think that would be the end of her! Xx

Ahh, always a dramatic storyline! I wonder who dunnit.....

Well we know Hayley, Marcus, Gloria, Stella and Dennis are confirmed as all leaving this year. Maybe it is one of them?!!

I've also seen a couple of unconfirmed reports that Peter Barlow is leaving as well. He would be the most obvious.

Well we know Hayley, Marcus, Gloria, Stella and Dennis are confirmed as all leaving this year. Maybe it is one of them?!!

I've also seen a couple of unconfirmed reports that Peter Barlow is leaving as well. He would be the most obvious.

Oooh I didn't know all that. Well it obviously isn't going to be Hayley. Marcus probably runs off with another man (predictable really). Dennis cheats on Rita with Gloria and leaves because of that. Stella no idea. Bet it will be another person but Peter is framed for it?

I can't think of a reason any of those people would kill her though? Well apart from Peter ofcourse!

Coronation Street star Samia Ghadie will have grittier storyline material this year as her character Maria Connor is pushed to the edge.

Maria has heartache in store over the next few months as Todd Grimshaw sets his sights on her partner Marcus Dent, hoping to steal him away from her.

Whichever way the love triangle progresses, fans know that Charlie Condou - who plays Marcus - is leaving the ITV soap later this year.

Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn explained: "Todd's back on the scene and he's never been quite convinced that Marcus was right with Maria. He's going to push and push and push on that one. He's a very different Todd, a damaged Todd and a dangerous Todd."

He added: "Maria's world is going to be ripped apart - completely ripped apart. She's a woman on the edge of a mental breakdown, a nervous breakdown."

Maria's downward spiral is linked to her relationship trouble but will also be a storyline in its own right.

Ghadie, who has been quieter on screen over the past year, is thought to be delighted with the future plans for her character.

Coronation Street star Samia Ghadie will have grittier storyline material this year as her character Maria Connor is pushed to the edge.

Maria has heartache in store over the next few months as Todd Grimshaw sets his sights on her partner Marcus Dent, hoping to steal him away from her.

Whichever way the love triangle progresses, fans know that Charlie Condou - who plays Marcus - is leaving the ITV soap later this year.

Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn explained: "Todd's back on the scene and he's never been quite convinced that Marcus was right with Maria. He's going to push and push and push on that one. He's a very different Todd, a damaged Todd and a dangerous Todd."

He added: "Maria's world is going to be ripped apart - completely ripped apart. She's a woman on the edge of a mental breakdown, a nervous breakdown."

Maria's downward spiral is linked to her relationship trouble but will also be a storyline in its own right.

Ghadie, who has been quieter on screen over the past year, is thought to be delighted with the future plans for her character.

Ohhhhhhh

Coronation Street's new recruit Hayley Tamaddon looks set to become a permanent face in Weatherfield after impressing show bosses in her role as Andrea Beckett.

The former Emmerdale actress is being given a new six-month deal with the ITV soap after her early scenes proved popular, according to The Sun yesterday (January 12).

Andrea was introduced to the cobbles as a friend of Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson) just before Christmas. Although Andrea has feelings for Steve, she has also been tipped for a future romance with his best friend Lloyd Mullaney (Craig Charles).

Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn praised Tamaddon at a press event for the show earlier this week.

He commented: "We gave Hayley the hardest job - can you sit between Craig Charles, Simon Gregson, Sue Cleaver and be just as funny? She's doing it! The relationship between Steve and Lloyd is so good, but stick Andrea in the middle of those and expect her to hold her ground."

Coronation Street chiefs are reportedly keen to hold on to their female stars following Michelle Keegan's decision to bow out from her role as Tina McIntyre.

Alison King signed a new deal late last year which will see her carry on as Carla Connor for the foreseeable future, while bosses are also eager to keep Catherine Tyldesley's character Eva Price.

Coronation Street's new recruit Hayley Tamaddon looks set to become a permanent face in Weatherfield after impressing show bosses in her role as Andrea Beckett.

The former Emmerdale actress is being given a new six-month deal with the ITV soap after her early scenes proved popular, according to The Sun yesterday (January 12).

Andrea was introduced to the cobbles as a friend of Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson) just before Christmas. Although Andrea has feelings for Steve, she has also been tipped for a future romance with his best friend Lloyd Mullaney (Craig Charles).

Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn praised Tamaddon at a press event for the show earlier this week.

He commented: "We gave Hayley the hardest job - can you sit between Craig Charles, Simon Gregson, Sue Cleaver and be just as funny? She's doing it! The relationship between Steve and Lloyd is so good, but stick Andrea in the middle of those and expect her to hold her ground."

Coronation Street chiefs are reportedly keen to hold on to their female stars following Michelle Keegan's decision to bow out from her role as Tina McIntyre.

Alison King signed a new deal late last year which will see her carry on as Carla Connor for the foreseeable future, while bosses are also eager to keep Catherine Tyldesley's character Eva Price.

Could see the Lloyd thing brewing. Fireworks ahead then!!

You will all have to keep me posted with what's going on :)

I've stopped watching for a while till the Hayley storyline blows over x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->