Cost of painter/decorator

happymummax

Reaction score
I've just moved into a new house and the previous tennants have left wall paper up on one wall in the lounge and bedroom, the prints are tacky in the bedroom and clash with everything, the one in the lounge is uneven and making me feel really OCD so I NEED to repaper them asap & the landlords fine with it.

Anyway how much will it cost roughly for the old paper to be removed & new one out up? I'll be needing 2 rolls in each room max. I don't want to get ripped off by anyone when I get quotes.

I've just moved into a new house and the previous tennants have left wall paper up on one wall in the lounge and bedroom, the prints are tacky in the bedroom and clash with everything, the one in the lounge is uneven and making me feel really OCD so I NEED to repaper them asap & the landlords fine with it.

Anyway how much will it cost roughly for the old paper to be removed & new one out up? I'll be needing 2 rolls in each room max. I don't want to get ripped off by anyone when I get quotes.

Get three quotes done and you should be okay. Could you not have a go yourself? It's not that tricky, just make sure the first piece is straight (use a spirit level) and then it's easy x

My brother is a painter and decorater and charges over £100 a day + materials.

Id do it myself.

Definitely strip the walls yourself, you would be throwing money away paying someone to do that. 2 rolls in each room doesn't sound a lot though? Are they all feature walled?

When we bought our first house last year, two of the bedroom walls were awful to paint over. We (well me tbh lol) decided to hire a painter/decorator to wallpaper them both and also paint the large hallway and landing with high ceilings. It was well worth it, cost £400 for that.

I would strip it myself to cut down on costs as that's pretty easy to do.
Paper wise-are you sure 2 rolls is enough? We are having paper put up on 1 wall in our lounge-it has a large chunk cut out of it for a fireplace and we still need either 3 or 4 rolls because of the pattern on the paper.
I wouldn't paper it myself-my mum is a skilled decorator and even she finds hanging wallpaper hard.
Not sure about cost but as a PP said-get 3 quotes. We had lining paper put up in several rooms in our house when we moved in and it cost us £25 per room but then the person doing it was a family friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->