Coukld a positive OPK after ovulation mean pregnancy? HELP

Melts

Reaction score
I took an OPK at 7 or 8 dpo and it was positive (both lines were equally as dark.)
I dont have any signs of ovulation right now i am very dry there is deffinatly no ewcm. And i already had a positive opk on CD13. My cycles are always 28days and they have not been off for 2 years. if i ovulated late this month my period would be late right?
Anyway i have had two negative HPTs and a positive OPK Could i be pregnant?

It could be that your body tried to ovulate at 7-8 dpo but the egg might not have released which could be why your body is gearing up to ovulate again. I would make sure you bd during this time too just to be safe. I have read about people getting positive opks late in their cycle and turning out to be pregnant. For me when I was pregnant I had left over opks so I used them after getting a very strong positive pregnancy test just to see and there was barely a line at all, they didn't turn out near as dark as the control line. Most pregnancy tests are more sensetive than the opks so you would most likely get a positive pregnancy tests before an opk would detect it. It sounds more like ovulation was delayed.

This is the more likely scenario- You failed to O after you took the first opk and your body is trying again. Do you temp and know for sure you O'd? Before I got regulated I had a few cycles where my body geared up to O once or twice and failed but about a week later my body tried again and was successful.

The second scenario is that you are pregnant of course. But don't get too excited because 7 or 8 dpo is very early. I took an opk on 12 or 13 dpo after I got my bfp on 11dpo and it still wasn't pos. I think it was probably 15 or 16 dpo before I got an equal pos on the opk and on 20 dpo and ever since I get blaring dark pos on opks.

The first is obviously more likely unless you know for sure that you O'd the first time around. Good luck to you I hope it's a good sign!

Also, Do you know for sure that you always O on cd13? You could have a shorter luteal phase and not even know it. If you don't chart BBT I suggest you start to know for sure when you O. So if you O'd late and you know you have a 14/15 day lp then yes, your period will be late.

Also, Do you know for sure that you always O on cd13? You could have a shorter luteal phase and not even know it. If you don't chart BBT I suggest you start to know for sure when you O. So if you O'd late and you know you have a 14/15 day lp then yes, your period will be late.

I am going to start charting this cycle. Af showed up one day early this morning :cry:
So I don't know why I had a positive opk.

sorry about AF... sometimes women get another LH surge right before their period. Thats why they say once you get your positive OPK, you should stop using them

FX for you this month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->