Could I be pregnant again?

S

sugarlove

Hi I had an incomplete miscarriage at the start of this month and opted to let it happen naturally. I went back for a scan, and they confirmed that I had passed everything and the preg test was negative.

I did the bd a number of times last week as I was pretty sure I was ov. This week, my breasts feel really tender and look veiny like they did when I was pregnant. I am also totally exhausted and could feel tugging in my middle yesterday, again like last time I was pregnant.

Could I really be preg so soon, and when can I test as didn't have a last AF? Also, would symptoms be showing up so early?

Starting to get my hopes up, but worried it's my imagination playing tricks on me.

What date at the beginning of the month? I lost a baby on the 9th December and fell pregnant on boxing day with Isabella - found out on the 6th January that she was on her way so not even a month later.

I say go and test.

i think youd need another few days to show a +ve HPT, but yes you could be pregnant, dont forget your hormones might be misbehaving at the mo, but i have my fingers crossed for you

Sorry about your loss. You can test whenever, but I personally would test at the end of the week. Heres hoping you get a BFP!!

Thanks for replying.

Had it confirmed on 4th April, but had been bleeding and pain since the 31st March.

Ooh how exciting!!! I'm testing on the 1st May after an MC that started on the 24th March, so pretty similar situation. You could test on the same day :D

Mind you, it sounds like you might be more likely to get a BFP than me. I've been symptom spotting like mad since earlier in the week when I thought I felt like I did before again, but it seems to have warn off now :(

Do you think that it's ok that I didn't wait a month? I asked why I had to wait a month and got told that it was more for dating purposes and that it wasn't dangerous.

lots of people try straight away sugar, i wouldnt worry about it.... just get on the prenatals and do the obvious stuff like not drinking just in case you are.

sometimes (apparently rarely) ERPC can cause probs for trying straight away, but you say it happened naturally, so lets hope you are!!

hi sugarlove. i was told the same it was only for dating reasons. i didnt wait but i got my first af 32days after i stopped bleeding but i wasnt trying. i knew i wasnt pg last month i had no symptoms but this month i have an really sore back just as i did when i was at this stage in my pregnancy and lots of niggles. i'm trying not to get my hopes up as i dont want to be too dissapointed i'm trying not to test till i'm on day 32 of my cycle which is sunday but dont know if i can wait that long. fx for you hope you get a bfp.x:flower:

I read about it lots before I decided to bd again before my first af and after lots of research I concluded that it really would be fine. I know everyone has their own opinion and you have to be happy with what you decide, but I personally think it's fine.

It is mainly for dating purposes and the majority of people say that if you conceive straight away you have no higher risk of mc at all (I was in fact conceived straight after an mc it turns out!). Some people say that your lining may be thinner and you need the extra time to let it build up, but that is more applicable to people who had an ERPC and I personally felt that if my lining was too thin I would just be less likely to conceive. I really think it's fine and you definitely shouldn't worry x

You being pregnant is a big possibility!

The chances for you to conceive are really heightened the first 4 weeks after MC.
My doctor said however that I should wait until I get my first AF so i can flush everything out , and that it would just overall be more healthy. It's just so hard to wait, though!

I guess it's all left up to you and/or your doctor's opinion. Good luck hun! :hugs:

thanks for replies. Woke up this morning with what felt like morning sickness and I have horrible backache too, alongwithan increase of ewcm (tmi!) Do you think it would be too early to test on Sunday, given miscarriage started on 31st March and I ov sometime last week? I would wait, but my husband is away with work for quite a while, and it would be nice to find out before.

Also, I posted in the ttc section, but didn't get a reply. Do pregnancy symptoms mean that implnatation has occured already? I had implanation bleeding 4 days after last time, but nothing this time. Would feel happier if I thought that it had happened already, as starting to worry about a chemical preg?

Many thanks

Hi sugarlove,

I had my 2nd mc start bleed on the 19th March and finished the natural bleed on the 26the March. I started to 'feel' pregnant a couple of weeks ago and began testing on the 19th April (I got what I thought was a very faint line, tho' OH couldn't see it), on the 21st I got a strong positive, I should have been due AF on the 22nd (that is if you take CD1 as the first day of the cycle). I have since been told by my consultant to take CD1 as first day of bleed, which I think would make me nearly 6 weeks. Have my first scan on Monday. I really didn't think it would happen again so quickly!

With the first 2 pregnancies I had distinct implantation cramps, but not with this, but I do feel very pregnant this time. I have been taking 75mg aspirin prior to conception.

I would wait if you can until the day AF would have been due (either taking 1st or last day or bleed as CD1, which is up to you). How quickly did you test before, I usually always get a BFP a couple of days before but definitely on day AF is due.

Good luck and hope this has been of some help.

thanks for reply Minniemone, and congrast! That's fab news. It shows that it's possible to happen very quickly after a miscarriage.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it's hard. My husband does not seem to think it could have happened so quickly. If it is good news, if I went from the first day of miscarriage, that would make me 4 weeks, so very early days.

I didn't get a BFP till quite late, about 9 days after AF was due last time, but I'm convinced that it was because it was going wrong. I had a number of positives and negatives! This time, I "feel" really pregnant earlier on, but not sure if it's just becaue my body is so tuned in after having so recently been preg.

I would prefer to wait to test, but because husband is going away for quite a while, I would really like to tell him before he goes, rather than having to do it over the phone.

I found the early response superdrug ones were showing up the earliest for me last time and clearblue a few days later. I'm tempted not to tell him I'm testing, and then just let him know if it's good news. If not, I'll keep schtum and test again later.

Thanks, still very early days and soooooo scared, but trying to stay positive. Yes! I'm proof it can happen, and I've heard it's not as rare as you would think. I took my CD1 as the last day of bleed as the ultrasound I had that day showed my lining as the correct measurement for 2 weeks before OV (if that makes sense?), I certainly think that if I was nearly 6 weeks the BFP would not have been so faint on the Monday test. By the day AF was due it was very dark, I too like the Superdrug ones, they seem to work very well for me. With the 2nd pregnancy I tried a first response and got a negative and then with the same sample did a Superdrug and got a positive, so I stick to those now.

If you got a BFP so late last time it could be that it takes a little longer for you to build up the HCG I've read that some women don't get a BFP until way after AF due date, but I can understand your keen to test.

What I did (many times!) was calculate my AF from CD1 as first day of bleed, and then again CD1 as last day. It came positive from taking CD1 as last day of bleed, I certainly wouldn't have got a positive from first day of bleed, so maybe calculate it also from last day. Blimey I'm confusing myself here!

So for me:

1st day of mc 19th March = AF would be due 15th April
Last day of bleed CD1 26th March = AF would be due 22nd April

I only got a faint positive on that 19th, so I think I'm going from last day even tho' the hospital are saying they think 1st day.

Arghhhhhh I will know all being well on Monday when they can measure.

good luck... hope it is positive for you!

thanks for very heplful advice. Really hope that all goes well for you.

Ok, so going by first and last day of bleeding from miscarriage:

AF due on 1st May
AF due on 8th May

Might do the test on Sat, and then follow it up later next week.

Was this your first miscarrige? It was for me, and although heart breaking, at least we hadn't been trying for that long and it was only nearly 7 weeks when I had it confirmed.

Also, was your Doctor annoyed that you hadn't waited? I got told to wait a month, but didn't bother. I'm really hoping that if it is good news, they will offer me an early scan too. Did you have symptoms before your AF was due with this one?

Glad it helped SL. I kind of just knew I was pregnant this time, I've been pregnant 3 times now since October 09, so I'm getting the hang of symptoms! I became very tired (much more than with the previous 2), round about 6 dpo, I was going for a nap as soon as I got in from work, and my eyelids felt heavy all day. Also my noise started running (like the start of a cold), which I also got previously, but the main symptom is my sense of smell, which goes ballistic when i'm pregnant, i can literally smell smells that I didn't think possible, (like the smell of peoples hair sitting next to me on the tube) yuk!

Unfortunately it wasn't my first mc sugarlove, the first was a mmc last year, then fell again 2 months later and mc naturally this time in March, so an emotional rollercoaster to say the least.

I wish I could of waited but I turned 44 in April, so I didn't have much choice! I know I've only really got so many cycles left, so because they said physically there was no reason not to try (my lining was measured via a scan and it was all as it should be) and I know I ovulated a few weeks after the mc, so the OH and I thought, why not, if it happens great, if not we would have just kept trying. Maybe Dr's just say it as a matter of course... my experience with dr's however, is that none of them really seem to know and I've had such varying advice re taking aspirin, not taking aspirin, etc, that I go with my instincts now... and my instinct was to try asap. and it was right! just praying that this one holds on...

Let us know how you get on when you test - Saturday maybe? If not you still have a window, so keep hopeful!

My god MinnieMone, you have been on an emtional rollercoaster. Your hormones must be all over the place! So sorry for both your losses.

I'm going to test on Sunday. Rang my Doc and told him what I suspected, and he said he will do a blood test on Tues if I don't get a BFP. He said that it wasn't dangerous to fall pregnant so quickly, but that you are advised to wait to build up the womb lining. He was quite reassuring about it, but said that if it is a BFP, I have no chance of an early scan with me only having had 1 miscarriage.

Let us know how you get on on Monday and good luck!

I have no chance of an early scan with me only having had 1 miscarriage.

hmm, i have only had 1 and on my mmc scan report is says they advise a scan at 7 weeks. Think might it different for different PCT's though

good luck for tuesday!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->