Could I be pregnant? Been on Depo

ocean_pearl

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

This is my first question on this forum. Here's the background:

I was on Depo for 1 shot, it finished Jun 5th. I started AF on Jun 31st (not sure if i was ovulating though?. Me and BF went on holiday on Jun 29th and had sex unprotected about 3/4 times and again since we've been back.

The bleeding stopped after 3 days. I've taken 2 tests on fri and sunday but both negative.

Is it too early to take a test? Is it possible to get pregnant so soon after the Depo? I've been so tired and the other day was going to restroom every hour.

Any advice would be great :flower:

Its hard to know how early you can test without a regular cyle/ knowing when you ovulated. You can get pregnant that soon after Depo but it is unlikely, ive been told it can take upto 3years to have regular cycles and get pregnant but some people do it before then. In regards to only having AF for 3 days you may want to get used to irregular periods as the Depo can really mess you up, I'd go a whole month with only 3-4 days without a period! then a few months with out one.

Its hard to know how early you can test without a regular cyle/ knowing when you ovulated. You can get pregnant that soon after Depo but it is unlikely, ive been told it can take upto 3years to have regular cycles and get pregnant but some people do it before then. In regards to only having AF for 3 days you may want to get used to irregular periods as the Depo can really mess you up, I'd go a whole month with only 3-4 days without a period! then a few months with out one.

Tell me about it! I took it before for about 6 months and i bled for about 9 months straight after coming off it, this time wasnt so bad probably because i wasnt on it for long.

Maybe i should take another test soon x

hey hun its very hard to tell.. i took 2 shots ran out 11th dec ish..had a period had sex then 2months late and not preg AF just took ages to come hun..

Huge :hugs: though

i know how you feel i have been depo free since april and my periods are messed up thats why i like this new forum...since i dont know when i ovulate or even if i am i just take it one cycle at a time....my 1st cycle was may 22nd then june 2nd then not till july 11th:( i talked to my doctor and she said its a good sign that my period is back but wait a few cycles before getting to excited about symptoms since you may experience pregnancy symptoms until your hormones regulates back to normal. i wish you lots of baby dust and just have fun trying!!!

but wait a few cycles before getting to excited about symptoms since you may experience pregnancy symptoms until your hormones regulates back to normal. i wish you lots of baby dust and just have fun trying!!!

That is such a good point, i didnt think about that at all! Im just worried because last time i came off it i was bleeding irregularly but this time they've just stopped. Thanks for replying x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->