Could I be pregnant while breastfeeding still?

xo_mdk

Mama of 2
Reaction score
So I'm not sure which forum this question would go into as I'm not really TTC, not yet anyways. My son is 5 months old and I haven't resumed my period as far as I know. I had about 5 days of no bleeding 3 weeks after birth and then stopped and about 4 days of bleeding again after. I've had sex a few times, all protected but nothing is 100%. My question though is, if you were pregnant while still breastfeeding, what were your symptoms? Right now, I'm more exhausted (could be from chasing a 3 year old and up during the night with the baby though) I get nauseas in the mornings, I'm always hungry and lately I'm really crampy and gassy.

You definitely can get pregnant while breastfeeding. I know too many people who've ended up with surprise babies that way. I was also instructed by my dr to take a test before starting BCP pp, just to rule out the possibility that I was pg. Best thing to do is to test and if you are tell your doctor that you don't know how far along you are and they will book you in for an early dating scan. Good luck.

You definitely can some women ovulate before they get there for af after birth and just so happen to catch that egg. I would just take a test and if a negative and still feeling the symptoms in a week test again. But I do remember feeling the same way around the 3 month mark it could just be your hormones starting to even out. Good luck

My friend was a long time breast feeder, at first as her periods and everything were funny anyway, she put it down to breast feeding. So, one day while she was feeding her little girl, She actually felt like she had been kicked from the inside... Well her immediate thought was *uhoh* and she actually had been, she found out she was 6 months pregnant! LOL

Wow! What a wild story! A nurse I work with got pregnant 3 months after giving birth and breast feeding. But 6 months, holy cow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->