Period 4 days late
Breasts extremely tender
Frequent urination
Occasional cramping
Mood swings
Really horny

Could I be pregnant?

You might be. I would suggest testing.

Going off of symptoms alone unfortunately isn't an accurate way to know if your pregnant. Our hormones change all the time, and most period symptoms mimic pregnancy symptoms. And a late period can be caused by a later than usual ovulation. Do you track your ovulation? I would definitely take a test just in case. If you had sex during your fertile window it is definitely possible.

Rosey,

It is unlikely you are pregnant but (going by your last thread) seeing as you only had sex on Thursday for the first time, no pregnancy test would pick up pregnancy hormones at this point. Your period was due the day after you had sex, it doesnt sound like your fertile window.

You would need to wait an average of 2 weeks after sex for a test to show an accurate result.

Oh, I didn't realize you had sex the day before your period was due, I wouldn't think that you are pregnant either. As previous poster says, that was probanly not your fertile window. You wouldn't be able to have a positive test just a few days after sex anyway. It takes time for the hcg to build up. The fertile window is soooo small that it's not easy to get pregnant for most. You would have to have the timing just right. I would from now on maybe use protection so that you don't have these worries anymore

Your period could be late from late ovulation. When was your period due?

Did you have sex earlier in the month as well? Or was the day before your period the only time? Your cycle is exactly that, a cycle. There is a lot that goes on in our bodies through the month. You Get your period and that's cycle day 1, then from there your body prepares an egg for maturity. Which textbook is 14 days later, but nobody is textbook. So it can be anytime from cycle day 10. After your egg is released, you have up to 36 hours for that egg to be fertilized. Some are less and some may be more though. If the egg is fertilized it will take about a week to two weeks for it to travel to your uterus where it will implant. If it isn't fertilized then the egg dies and when implantation doesn't happen your hormones will let your uterus know that it isn't pregnant so that when it sheds the lining known as your period. There is a very very small window after the egg is released for it to be fertilized. Odds are that you are not pregnant. And if you were, and your period is really that late, then you would be getting a positive pregnancy test. You really can't know if your period is late without knowing when you ovulated, because you can ovulate later or earlier than you normally do. Our bodies are amazing and crazy at the same time.

So you had sex last Thurs? Today is Tuesday which would mean that IF you did ovulate that day, which I don't think so, that you would only be 5 days past ovulation. You wouldn't be having pregnancy symptoms yet. It is really important to be in tune with your body, and know how your cycle works.

You could also go to a planned parenthood or something similar to get a blood test to confirm your not pregnant. And I think that you could also get some sort of birth control there as well. That way you can avoid this in the future.

From your other thread it looks as though the time you think you may have conceived was the first time you had sex (sorry if I've read it wrong)? If so it could well be that starting to have sex has messed up your cycle. It did fr me and at the time I read at the time that it is pretty common. I would think it is very unlikely that you're pregnant due to when in your cycle you had sex and it doesn't seem like the symptoms you're experiencing would be pregnancy symptoms, as you're only 5 days past when you could have conceived and it takes a while for implantation and then the rise in HCG before symptoms start. My advice would be to try to relax and give your period a chance to start, but if it doesn't arrive then I'd take a test once you're 2 weeks past when you had sex just in case :)

thanks, everyone. my mum haas just said that, if i AM pregnant, then she is getting rid of me and the baby :(

:hugs: That's not a pressure you need on you right now. If it turns out you are pregnant you may well find that your mum will come around; often people react in shock and lash out but with a bit of time they come through. Do you have anyone you can talk to about this who is likely to be more supportive, your boyfriend or perhaps another family member?

:hugs: That's not a pressure you need on you right now. If it turns out you are pregnant you may well find that your mum will come around; often people react in shock and lash out but with a bit of time they come through. Do you have anyone you can talk to about this who is likely to be more supportive, your boyfriend or perhaps another family member?

the boyfriend is permanently out of the picture

I would reach out to planned parenthood. They can do a test for you.

If you pregnant, in the light of you're situation with your mom and boyfriend, they may be able to offer you someone resources if you'd be without a place to stay, even if it's just a referral to an agency that can help you with jobs/housing/etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->