Could I become pregnant this way??

heyyydayyy

Reaction score
I have been on the pill for just over a year now, and I began to suspect I am pregnant. I know you can keep taking the pill until you find out if you are pg or not, but I was way too impatient to see if I would get my "fake" period so I stopped my pack when I had about 3 active pills left. The first day I stopped I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. Could I become pregnant from this since I am not finishing the last few pills? I'm hoping I do but I'm not sure about ovulation and whatnot...

It is possible to become pregnant anytime you have unprotected sex, however based on the time frame you've given, it's highly unlikely you will become pregnant from not taking your last 3 pills. Many women don't ovulate while on birth control and sometimes it takes months for women to conceive after getting off the pill too. Also the last active pills are taking right before your period, ovulation usually happens about 2 weeks before your period. I hope this helps.

As a side note, some birth control pills are made to more or less terminate a pregnancy if you are still taking them. If you suspect you are pregnant then it is best not to take the active pills anyway.

thanks! I'm off the pills now...I was NTNP before but now I'd consider myself TTC :) I can't wait to see that :bfp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->