Could I have conceived this weekend?

soulpunx

Reaction score
Backstory: I'm not actively trying to get pregnant at all, but I do take the pill because I had a miscarriage last year and didn't want to go through that again but if I conceive on the pill and go full term me and my boyfriend will be fine because we are planning to have our first baby in the next year or two. The schedule will just be sped up but he just got a great new paying job and I'm about to start a new one too.

The past two or three weeks i've been really busy and life has been hectic so i've been taking the pill at all random times during the day like from 8am to 5pm & anywhere in between. this week is the third week of my pill pack (& according to online the third week is when you should throw away the rest of the pack if you miss a pill and start a new one, does anyone know why?). I had unprotected sex multiple times with my boyfriend this weekend and missed my pill yesterday (he knows) and just took it now. the one i took the day before yesterday was at around 4pm and the one i took now was around 11am. so there's like 43 hours in between that. it was my ovulation week last week.

is it possible that i got pregnant this weekend?

I know that you have to wait until a missed period or maybe two. And look for symptoms that aren't due to being stressed about being pregnant or not. And excluding symptoms that may be due to PMS.

What i'm asking--> compared to taking the pill "perfectly" how much did the pill's effectiveness go down with i've described above and if this could have resulted in pregnancy?

I don't know if it was clear from above but:

I missed the pill for almost 2 full days whilst multiple sexual intercourse w/ boyfriend occurred***

I don't know if it was clear from above but:

I missed the pill for almost 2 full days whilst multiple sexual intercourse w/ boyfriend occurred***

did the two days missed pill occur after ovulation or before ?

then its possiblity you concieved ,just not likely id be say 15 percent as it could of happened

Hey there, when did you start taking bcps? If it's a regular pill its best to take each pill on or around the same time each day within three hours-which you already know! The first week of pills is the most active, not to say that the rest aren't important, but as you go down in the pack, it's a little bit less important. If you miss two days+ in a row, they say by that third day you should start a new pack. If taken correctly, you won't ovulate with the pill. If taken incorrectly, then who knows! lol. I worked at a womens health clinic, and I saw women get pregnant if they didn't take the pill correctly so its definitely a possibility! Sorry I was a little confused by your original post, and didn't mean to write so much about birth control, but unfortunately the only way to know is to wait and test :shrug: let us know good luck!!

I took BCP everyday but I admit that I wasn't taking it on time everyday and ended up pregnant with my son. :shrug:

I missed 3 pills in a month while being active with a boyfriend and I never got pregnant. Just depends on your body. I would say don't stress over it, it's probably unlikely, but you never know - it can happen. It's more likely if you miss pills at the very beginning of the pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->