Could insomnia be a sign of pregnancy?

JWC13

Reaction score
The last two nights I've had SO much trouble sleeping. It took me hours to fall asleep Monday (8dpo) and about the same last night (9dpo). I was also constantly rolling around all throughout the night last night. Now this is super weird for me because I'm sort of a pro at sleeping- I NEVER have issues sleeping and especially never have 2 nights in a row of no sleep.

This morning I googled to see if this might be a symptom of early pregnancy and I've read that it is- but I'm taking this with a grain of salt as it seems that pretty much anything can be a symptom (which is why I try not to symptom spot). I'm 10dpo today so I'll take another HPT this afternoon to see if it shows anything.

Anyone else experienced this as a pregnancy symptom?

I had the opposite issue when I was pregnant -- I could fall asleep at the drop of a hat, and I'd previously been an insomniac! I was actually taking naps on my lunch breaks and after work, and still caught myself dozing off at my desk on a regular basis. I'd blink and just not open my eyes again. :lol: I suspect that anything out of the norm can be a sign, but I wouldn't rely on sleeping patterns to be a strong indicator.

Good luck with the hpt and keep us posted! :D Fingers crossed!

Thanks Dill! Yeah I found it to be funny that when you look up pregnancy symptoms you see both fatigue listed as well as issues sleeping. Goes to show that everyone's experiences are so different and symptom spotting really does nothing but to cause you to go crazy- at least it does for me!

Symptom spotting is one of those hindsight things, for the most part. A strong ovulation can cause the same symptoms as a pregnancy. I had months when I was TTC #1 that I could have SWORN I was pregnant and wasn't, and the month I came up pregnant, I'd assumed I was out because I'd had zero symptoms at all. :lol: The only thing that can really be a strong indicator (aside from a positive hpt) is a triphasic temperature chart, and even that isn't a sure thing!

It can be. I have insomnia anyway, so having trouble falling asleep and then waking up and not being about to fall back to sleep is the norm for me. But in all of my pregnancies (3), I've had this very specific form of insomnia in the early weeks. It's like my brain is too awake and running a million miles an hour. It only happens the first couple weeks and then I'm exhausted and sleep great (which is a rare thing for me and I love it). But it seems to be something to do with the initial hcg spikes I think that keeps me awake. It's very different from the insomnia I usually have all the time.

I've been experiencing insomnia for weeks and hoped it was a sign - until AF showed up. Now I'm thinking it's been a sign that I'm anxious about TTC!! :)

Welp looks like it was a symptom for me because I just got my :bfp:

That is awesome! Congratulations!!! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"