Could really use some encouragement

dakotarose

Reaction score
I am about 5 weeks pregnant after 3 consecutive losses. I have a friable cervix which causes spotting throughout the pregnancy (I've also had 3 live births) but last night I went to the bathroom and there was a ton of blood...like 2nd day of your period heavy. There was no cramping or at least more than usual and that was it. I haven't spotted since. I'm going in tomorrow for bloodwork to see if I miscarried. Is there any hope I'm still pregnant? I just feel so helpless with it all being out of my hands.

That amount of blood is certainly worrying and it could be a MC but there have been other success stories on here after a bleed like that so there is definitely hope. Have you taken another home test? Has the bleeding stopped now? Hoping for the best for you, hugs.

Hi
I took a test this afternoon and the line was still darker than the control line. And the bleeding seemed to stop after the initial bleed. I mean, I'm no stranger to bleeding and spotting during pregnancy but the amount was horrifying.

These things are always so hit or miss. I'd hate to give false encouragement, but I also do not want to worry you because several women have random bleeds and go on to have healthy pregnancies. I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best. :hugs:

The strong line and the fact that the bleeding has stopped are both positive signs. Like said above I don't like to give false hope as it could still go either way but you do have some reasons to be hopeful.

Thank you ladies. It's just hard when everything is out of your control. I'm really hoping there is good news with my bloodwork tomorrow.

So just a little update: I went in this morning for bloodwork and the results were crazy! On Wednesday, my HGC levels were at 228 and today they were at 1400!! My doctor called and said she doesn't know what's going on since I'm basically in my period lol. She sends me to ultrasound where you really couldn't see too much but was able to see a sac indicating a pregnancy!! There was also something else there too which could apparently either be a subchorionic hematoma or a twin. I'm banking on the hematoma since it would explain the crazy bleeding.

That's great news. Sounds like baby is still doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->