Could this work for a girl?

RubyRainbows

TTC Baby#2 Since Oct/2009
Reaction score
What do you think of the name Joey for a girl? Could this work as a full name?

The only longer names I can think of (that I kind of like) are: Josephine & Joanna - Can you think of any others?

Is there a more feminine way to spell Joey?

Thanks! :flower:

Nah, I don't like the name Josie... but thanks. I think Joey is sweet though!

Love your kid's names by the way - Kenadie, Riley, & Tyler have all been on my list at one point!

I know a little girl named Josephina and they call her Joey

My best friend growing up was named Joey. I really like it for a girl!

I think Joesephine/Josephina with nn Joey is the best option. Joey in itself doesn't seem a full name to me. Even on a boy I'd use Joseph nn Joey.

I think it could very well work on a girl, just not as the actual proper name.
:thumbup:

What about:
Joelle (Jo-elle)
Joanie
Jonah I can see on a girl too actually

I love Joey, I would love it for a boy, but it's also cute on a girl. There was a character in Dawsons creek called Joey that was a girl. I think it works. I would say that Josephine works best with the nn Joey :)

If you're worried about gender distinction but love it as a complete full name as is maybe spell it Joie?

Throw a more feminine middle name in there and I think it has the potential to be a very sweet and unique (but not ridiculously hard to spell or figure out pronunciation) name!

Joie Grace
Joie Lynn
Joie Mae
Joie Elizabeth etc

If you're shooting for longer or more feminine so you can do Joey for a nickname:
Joandra
Joanne
Joasia (or Josiah)
Jobeth
Jocasta
Jocelyn (Josslyn)
Jocosa
Joelle
Johanna
Joleen
Jonquil
Jordan (or Jordyn)
Josephina (Josefina)
Josette
Joycelynn

If you're worried about gender distinction but love it as a complete full name as is maybe spell it Joie?

Throw a more feminine middle name in there and I think it has the potential to be a very sweet and unique (but not ridiculously hard to spell or figure out pronunciation) name!

Joie Grace
Joie Lynn
Joie Mae
Joie Elizabeth etc

If you're shooting for longer or more feminine so you can do Joey for a nickname:
Joandra
Joanne
Joasia (or Josiah)
Jobeth
Jocasta
Jocelyn (Josslyn)
Jocosa
Joelle
Johanna
Joleen
Jonquil
Jordan (or Jordyn)
Josephina (Josefina)
Josette
Joycelynn

Joie is pretty, but I would definitely pronounce it differently than Joey. Joie is french for joy :)

Thanks for all the great suggestions - gives me some things to think about.

I like Joie - that's a cute option!

This will forever remind me of Joey from Dawson's Creek. She was actually Josephine Potter. :winkwink:

When I read the start of the threat I thought there was no way to make Joey work for a girl, but I actually really like the spelling Joie. It makes it really cute and feminine.

I'm a fan of unisex names and Joey is definitely one of those, I love it for a girl, just as it is xx

I love it as a short form of Josephine. There's Jolene too but apart from Joanna I can't think of any others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->