couldn't bf the first but success with second??

rubysoho120

Soon to be mama of 2
Reaction score
I had so many issues breast feeding. My lo couldn't suck the dr gave her a bottle and I couldn't make enough milk. I'm pregnant again my lo is 15 months due in may and I'm terrified I won't be able to breast feed. I pumped till she was 7 months but didnt make more than 4 oz in a whole day. I tried medication herbs nothing helped. Does anyone have success after not being able to breast feed the first baby but could the second?

Im into week 4 of bf no.2 & it's going ok but so hard with my 20m old who hates it so much.

I found it harder to feed my second than my first. Every baby is different. Good luck x

My second time around is going so much better. I had an awful time my first time around with supply issues from a two month long infection, a sleepy baby who wouldn't suck and a bad latch which had my nipples cracked and scabbed. I ended up having to stop because of weight issues then relactated and exclusively pumped until she was 14 months old, it was hell. This time around it's been issue free and not hard at all to do while watching a toddler like I was afraid it would be.

I think I might have insufficient glandular tissue. I just didn't make much milk. Which I think was a combo of stress baby not sucking and maybe my breasts aren't proper. :(

I've had mega success second time round after a very unsuccessful time with my first :) x

The first time was horrible! Both me and my daughter crying as it just wouldn't work. With nr 2 I was so much more relaxed which makes him relaxed and we've been bf'ing successfully for the last 5 months. I think the stress just made it fail the first time.
X

I didn't manage to bf my first because I couldn't get her to latch.

I'm 22 months in with my second - she was a completely different baby, latched perfectly from the offset!

xx

Coming up to 4 months here of breastfeeding my second and it's been fantastic. I gave up breastfeeding after about a week with my eldest due to a variety of issues.

First was a nightmare, lasted 6 days before introducing formula as she had lost so much weight.

Now 6 weeks into ebf my boy and really enjoying it :)

Couldn't feed my first but just finished feeding my second she will be 3 in January

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->