Count down to christmas babies!!!!!!

Mafi- that's awful. I'm sorry you are going through that!

Had my second beta today!! First was Friday at 13 dpo and was 95. Today was 16 dpo and was 435!! Yahoo!! I go back Wednesday for one more.

Girls my pants are already tight. Something tells me I will be showing very early!!

Ps I have constant pressure in my lower abdomen. It hurts! Glad to know I'm not alone!
X

Oh my god I'm so disappointed at my doctor's appointment! I went to the doctor, explained we were trying artificial insemination at home and that I got several positive tests since yesterday. I wasn't late on my AF yet because it was supposed to come on Wednesday or Thursday. She said the following:
- Ok, so you have to test again in 2 weeks to see if you are really pregnant;
- Book an appointment with the midwife because this is not with me...don't expect to have a slot with the midwife in the next 3 or 4 weeks;
- (I asked if I could have a blood test to confirm pregnancy and she pretentiously replied) Here in the UK we don't do blood tests to confirm pregnancy.

I asked her "what do you do to confirm pregnancy then?", and she seemed confused. I told her I would have to tell at work and it would be a good thing if I had a medical confirmation and she replied "Well, at a certain point you don't need confirmation because they will see your bump! You are not planning on telling them so soon, are you?".

I'm shocked! She also told me that the first scan would never be before 12 weeks. I thought I could do one at 8 weeks :(

Oh my god, did you experience the same??

I have, for 4 or 5 days now, a weird feeling in my abdomen. It's not a pain, it's more like a pressure - more on my right side, but also on my left side. Sometimes I don't feel anything, but most of the time I feel that pressure. Is this normal? She said it could be normal (yes, it could be normal, but whatever happens will happen anyway! She actually said this!!).

I'm not in the UK, but I was talking with someone earlier who is in the UK, & she was trying to get in to get a blood test too, & couldn't...they also told her that they don't do that in the UK. I'm not sure about scans, since in the states they do them at around 8 weeks...it is probably also different in the UK. That woman sounds incredibly rude, & I would not go back there if I were you! I'd call to complain, & then reschedule my next appointment elsewhere. Don't let one person ruin the experience for you! I had an awful experience with a doctor & 2 nurses during my 1st pregnancy, & I just put up with it because I was so unsure of how they did things at the time, but THIS time I am just not going to tolerate any disrespect...there are GREAT practitioners out there, you just have to find them & don't be afraid to switch until you find one that you like! The right ppl can make all the difference in terms of your experience! As for the way she reacted, it's probably because you are still in the early stages. They usually don't even see you until you're 2 months along, since so many miscarriages can happen early on, & for that same reason a lot of ppl won't break the news to anyone until they are at least 3 months along & have heard the heartbeat, etc. That being said...you should still be excited and not worry at all! You had a positive test, so you ARE pregnant, & there's no reason to think you would miscarry or have any issues...they just are that way as a precaution, & you should be happy & celebrate all you want! Oh, & as for the pressure...totally normal. I have that right now AND a horrible lower back ache. The ligaments are stretching to make room for a growing uterus...it's all part of the process! Enjoy every moment of it & every stage...it goes by so quickly. Congratulations!

Congratulations and welcome to all the new ladies. H & H 9 months to all :hugs: :happydance::happydance:

How is everyone feeling today? Any symptoms yet? Afm absolutely no symptoms, i feel normal. With DD i had no morning sickness just excess saliva from 8 weeks to about 15 weeks. I am hoping for no morning sickness as well with this baby lol. I managed to book my first appointment to register for antenatal tomorrow :happydance: and I am so freaking excited. Anyone else wana update?

I am feeling great at 4 wks +1 day, but it's still so early. Last pregnancy, I didn't get morning sickness until around 7 or 8 weeks into the pregnancy, & then it hit me HARD with severe food aversion...so I'm worrying this time might be the same! BUT it's been so different, already. With my 1st, I had crazy symptoms *right* away...very sore throat, congestion, sharp pains & cramps and implantation bleeding, etc. This time, I have had none of that! I had a bit of congestion that wasn't too bad, & I have had a bit of sciatic pain and some light cramping, that subsided. Really the worst thing I can report is slight dizziness at times, a bit of lower energy than normal, having to pee ALL the time, & I have a lower back ache that won't go away. But it's all worth it!

No symptoms yet for me MS kicked in about 6 weeks last time and lasted to about 13/14 weeks, really hoping I dont get it this time. But its a sign that all is well, I was sick 24/7 and it was very tiring. I cant think how I will cope with sickness and LO.
Exciting to get your appointment, I`m waiting until 6th May. Let us know how you get on

I feel EXACTLY the same way! I had horrible food aversion last time, & I can't imagine dealing with it this time AND having to make means for my daughter! Scary...let's hope for the best! :D

Mafi- that's awful. I'm sorry you are going through that!

Had my second beta today!! First was Friday at 13 dpo and was 95. Today was 16 dpo and was 435!! Yahoo!! I go back Wednesday for one more.

Girls my pants are already tight. Something tells me I will be showing very early!!

Ps I have constant pressure in my lower abdomen. It hurts! Glad to know I'm not alone!
X

:happydance::happydance:yea good numbers

Oh my god I'm so disappointed at my doctor's appointment! I went to the doctor, explained we were trying artificial insemination at home and that I got several positive tests since yesterday. I wasn't late on my AF yet because it was supposed to come on Wednesday or Thursday. She said the following:
- Book an appointment with the midwife because this is not with me...don't expect to have a slot with the midwife in the next 3 or 4 weeks;
- (I asked if I could have a blood test to confirm pregnancy and she pretentiously replied) Here in the UK we don't do blood tests to confirm pregnancy.

I asked her "what do you do to confirm pregnancy then?", and she seemed confused. I told her I would have to tell at work and it would be a good thing if I had a medical confirmation and she replied "Well, at a certain point you don't need confirmation because they will see your bump! You are not planning on telling them so soon, are you?".

I'm shocked! She also told me that the first scan would never be before 12 weeks. I thought I could do one at 8 weeks :(

I have, for 4 or 5 days now, a weird feeling in my abdomen. It's not a pain, it's more like a pressure - more on my right side, but also on my left side. Sometimes I don't feel anything, but most of the time I feel that pressure. Is this normal? She said it could be normal (yes, it could be normal, but whatever happens will happen anyway! She actually said this!!).

I'm not in the UK, but I was talking with someone earlier who is in the UK, & she was trying to get in to get a blood test too, & couldn't...they also told her that they don't do that in the UK. I'm not sure about scans, since in the states they do them at around 8 weeks...it is probably also different in the UK. That woman sounds incredibly rude, & I would not go back there if I were you! I'd call to complain, & then reschedule my next appointment elsewhere. Don't let one person ruin the experience for you! I had an awful experience with a doctor & 2 nurses during my 1st pregnancy, & I just put up with it because I was so unsure of how they did things at the time, but THIS time I am just not going to tolerate any disrespect...there are GREAT practitioners out there, you just have to find them & don't be afraid to switch until you find one that you like! The right ppl can make all the difference in terms of your experience! As for the way she reacted, it's probably because you are still in the early stages. They usually don't even see you until you're 2 months along, since so many miscarriages can happen early on, & for that same reason a lot of ppl won't break the news to anyone until they are at least 3 months along & have heard the heartbeat, etc. That being said...you should still be excited and not worry at all! You had a positive test, so you ARE pregnant, & there's no reason to think you would miscarry or have any issues...they just are that way as a precaution, & you should be happy & celebrate all you want! Oh, & as for the pressure...totally normal. I have that right now AND a horrible lower back ache. The ligaments are stretching to make room for a growing uterus...it's all part of the process! Enjoy every moment of it & every stage...it goes by so quickly. Congratulations!

Oh thank you!! I got home still feeling that weird pressure and also with terrible back ache!!! I feel so much better after reading this!

Also, the pharmacist was outraged by the doctor's posture and she told me a bunch of things that I didn't know and that the doctor should had told me (like that I can get free folic acid!! I mean, I'm already on folic acid, but the doctor had an obligation to tell me that I had the right to get free folic acid from now on). My regular doctor is on vacation, and she won't be back before 26th of April, but I was able to book an appointment with the midwife for the 24 th of April :happydance: Let's hope she is a great midwife!!

Thank you very much to everyone!!!:kiss:

Awesome Mafi!!!!

Girls please make me feel better. Lots of cramping. Scared.

Oh thank you!! I got home still feeling that weird pressure and also with terrible back ache!!! I feel so much better after reading this!

Also, the pharmacist was outraged by the doctor's posture and she told me a bunch of things that I didn't know and that the doctor should had told me (like that I can get free folic acid!! I mean, I'm already on folic acid, but the doctor had an obligation to tell me that I had the right to get free folic acid from now on). My regular doctor is on vacation, and she won't be back before 26th of April, but I was able to book an appointment with the midwife for the 24 th of April :happydance: Let's hope she is a great midwife!!

Thank you very much to everyone!!!:kiss:

You're welcome! Believe me, there are some rude ppl out there who will ruin it for you if you let them...just don't let them! Because there are just as many who will be on your team & cheering you on, too. :) This is one of the happiest times in life...& before you know it, you'll be bringing a new little member of your family home, & it will change your life forever. Enjoy every little pain, ache, & kick...believe me, you'll miss it ALL when you aren't pregnant anymore! (Okay, maybe not the morning sickness though...) ;)

Awesome Mafi!!!!

In my 1st pregnancy, I had so much cramping I was curled up on the couch in a ball, for days, in early pregnancy! I also had implantation bleeding so I was super scared, & since it was my 1st, I was soooo worried, not knowing what to expect or what was considered normal. Each pregnancy is different...some ppl have bad cramps, some ppl have none at all, some only have a little. As long as you're not bleeding a lot, it's probably normal! Everything is moving around & stretching...your body is doing what its supposed to, to accommodate its new tenant for the next 9+ months! ;)

Awesome Mafi!!!!

With my first i cramped a lot and i had implantation bleeding from 10dpo to 10 weeks and I was super scared but i went on to have a healthy little girl. So cramps are normal in early pregnancy as long as it is not accompanied by bright red bleeding.

Awesome Mafi!!!!

:hugs: these first few weeks are so scary so massive hugs. I've had way more cramping this time than I did with my first. It's very normal xx

Morning ladies. I've had an awful night. The day started with dizzy spells and head aches and I woke up to nausea and then went into vomit 4 times. Accompanied by hot flushes and just general awfulness. Oh and let me not forget the diarrhoea (sorry for tmi) I'm only 4w 6d. With my first was symptomless until 7 weeks.

Anyone else having ms already? Thank God my dd sttn and my dh was a star. I hope I'm not the only one already hugging the loo! X

Thank you everyone for the reassurance! I feel much better and I woke up and the cramps are gone with no blood at all. Yay!!

Baby- wow! Sorry to hear that!! I think I will be right behind u. Hope you're hanging in there!

Ive had heartburn since before we confirmed the pregnancy. i also have sore breasts, bloating and gas, oh and lots of burping.

im 6weeks 5 days.. no nausea really, except for getting ''excessive'' saliva, which i consider pre-nausea.. LOL

Ive had heartburn since before we confirmed the pregnancy. i also have sore breasts, bloating and gas, oh and lots of burping.

im 6weeks 5 days.. no nausea really, except for getting ''excessive'' saliva, which i consider pre-nausea.. LOL

my heart burn started today and my BBs are a lot more sore today. LOVE the "pre-nausea" comment~ I also have the excess saliva and I think MS is right around the corner!

My most bothersome symptom right now is pressure and bloating!! Argh! It hurts!

For me bf'ing my son is starting to get quite tender. :( I'm also starting to get bloating and occasional dizzy spells.

I hope you're all well :flow:

Hello Ladies!

I'm just coming back from my appointment, I get my blood drawn tomorrow and do my glucose test oo as well. I've been cramping and some morning sickness. my abdominal hurts when i bend over to pick something up my friend keeps saying your having twin your having twins because off the signs and im like girl please lol I got a lot of free things today from my doctor next Saturday i am going to this police thing where they give you a car seat and a mendela breast pump. Im excited

OMG.

Last night I experienced the worst pain of my life. I woke up at 2:30 with absolute gut wrenching abdominal pains. I almost immediately id'd them as gas pains so I went into the bathroom. I had a hard time going (I have had a bit of constipation lately) and for about 5 minutes had pain so bad it was making me shake, feel like I was going to throw up, and dizzy/lightheaded at the same time. Then finally I could go, but it was diarrhea (sorry for tmi)

Now I woke up with more pain but not as bad. This isn't over yet.

I obviously need more fiber in my diet. This was so awful :(
I literally felt like I was in labor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"