Count down to christmas babies!!!!!!

Will definitely be making a big effort for birthdays so they love its at this time rather than hating it. Before ttc I thought I would be a bit disappointed with a Christmas baby but I'm over the freaking moon! So so grateful it's happened

I really wanted to have #2 in 2014 and i am so happy that I scraped it. I don't mind december at all, I am just sooooooo grateful that I am having #2 x

I'm in the other thread too, but I'm kind of on obsessive overdrive at the moment, so can I join here too?! :D

Brief summary: we have been trying semi seriously (not totally dedicatedly obsessively) for about 10 months. We have used opk, and about 3 months ago started using vitamins, vitex and maca. Cycle averages 31 days but can vary from 25 to 32. This month we didn't use opks and didn't have sex in my "fertile period"!!! Just before and just after! So I pretty much thought I was out, which I didn't mind as I didn't want a Xmas baby lol.

Well, 4 tests since yesterday have confirmed I am indeed pregnant!!! Approx 4 weeks... I'm not 100% sure as I don't know when I ovulated, but I'm beginning to think I ovulated a little early?!! I don't think the little sperms could have survived 5 approx days, but who knows?! I don't think I ovulated late, as things don't seem to add up.

I had cramping and bleed last Friday, which I thought was my period coming 5 days early (on assumed 31 day cycle) but now suspect was implantation :) I did a clearblue today which said 2-3 weeks, so I don't really know when to date! If I date using average 31 day cycle I am due Christmas Eve!!!

I don't really know what drove me to test.. I've had a horrid cold, then woke up with a bizarre rash. I guess I just thought why not?! Other half says he knew. It's such a cliche - you don't try for a month and wham!

I have to say I'm not ready to get really carried away as I'm really aware it's very very early yet :( but it's so hard...... Other half is already pram shopping!!

I'm hopefully going to docs tomorrow. I hope we get a better response than some of you ladies have had!! That's really made me feel like they might think I'm over excitable or something :(

No real symptoms here, except sleepless nights and tired.... Oh and the rash!!!!!!

Hello! Welcome. How was your appointment? X

Hi :flower:

It was fine. He thinks my rash is an allergic reaction, but has given me antibiotics to clear it if it doesn't go after a few days of allergy treatment as could be an infection (yay, legit reason not to drink with family!!). He basically just gave me the midwives number to book myself in, in a couple of weeks!

I don't want to wish my life away but this is so hard. I'm so worried this little thing isn't going to stick! How do people just get on with day to day life?!

As for the Xmas thing, I now feel like it's just typical me :D Sod's law lol! And think it's funny as my other half hates Christmas, so think he will have to love it forever more now :happydance:

Well.... I've just realised my calendar is a day out :o so in fact my due date based on a 31 day cycle is actually...... CHRISTMAS DAY! Lol :D

Hi :flower:

It was fine. He thinks my rash is an allergic reaction, but has given me antibiotics to clear it if it doesn't go after a few days of allergy treatment as could be an infection (yay, legit reason not to drink with family!!). He basically just gave me the midwives number to book myself in, in a couple of weeks!

I don't want to wish my life away but this is so hard. I'm so worried this little thing isn't going to stick! How do people just get on with day to day life?!

As for the Xmas thing, I now feel like it's just typical me :D Sod's law lol! And think it's funny as my other half hates Christmas, so think he will have to love it forever more now :happydance:

Well.... I've just realised my calendar is a day out :o so in fact my due date based on a 31 day cycle is actually...... CHRISTMAS DAY! Lol :D

Glad ur appointment went well Hun :happydance:. Yea to Christmas pudding lol :happydance:

Hi ladies! Turns out I did have a stomach bug! You were right!! Thank god that's not what pregnancy is going to be like for the next 8 months!

I basically spent all day yesterday at the doctor due to bleeding when having a bowel movement and severe abdominal pain. The prognosis was inflamed hemorrhoids and a stomach bug. I woke up today feeling much better.

I am lucky to have an RE who always wants to make you feel comfortable. So since he knew i was so nervous yesterday, he invited me to come in today for my first ultrasound and for bloodwork, even though I was there for my beta bloodwork yesterday. My beta yesterday was 988, today it was 1500!! Whoot!! They told us not to expect to see anything on the scan because it's so early, but we saw the sac! It was so exciting! I will try to attach a pic!

Here's the scan pic!!!

Look at our teeny peanut!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 3
Glad you're feeling better :) Perfect picture of your little peanut!

Me too!! Excited for next weeks ultrasound which was supposed to be our first official one =)

Arghhhh!!! Katie look at your peanut!!!! So so cute. Glad you're ok. :hugs:

Ziggie glad your apt went ok :flower:

DreamBaby I'm like you. I really wanted a 2014 baby too :happydance:

Well I've been trying hard to keep busy, but it's sooo hard. I've walked the dogs, planted seeds, sat in the garden and even HOOVERED today! My mind is constantly wanting to check things, look at dates, read about symptoms, look at statistics.. Please tell me I'm not the only one?!

I've felt tired this afternoon, I even had a nap. I'm tired now. And I'm a bit grumpy! I think it's probably down to 5 nights without a single solid nights sleep more than anything. Boobs a little sore but nothing terrible. Get feelings in my uterus, lots towards the back near the bottom of my spine, which would make sense as I have a retroverted uterus. And my areola are larger :D that happened before when I started taking vitex, and I think it increased my progesterone, so I'm hoping this is a sign I'm producing extra!

Still daren't say that "I'm pregnant" not even to other half! I skirt around it.... We are excited though and can't wait to reach the little milestones we've set ourselves. Neither of us are waiters... We want something, we get it. This is out of our control and it's sooooooooooooooooooo hard!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me I'm not alone :D

You are not alone! Yesterday I had my first serious nausea, it lasted for 3 or 4 hours, at night, very late. After I went to sleep I kept waking up with nausea too. Today I'm fine. It's not like I liked the nausea, but in a way I kind of liked I had it lol

Not alone at all! I'm trying to keep myself busy too so I've had lots of plans and we've got lots of playdate booked until my scan! X

Omg Katie, how sweet! Congrats on all looking good!

When is everyone else getting a scan? I'll be going at 6w I think!

I won't last until 12 weeks so I'm getting an 8 week one COUNTING DOWN!!! We did that last time and it was lovely and the difference between 8 and 12 week scan is amazing, in terms of how much baby grows. I cannot wait.

Best tv show ever!!

I'm hoping to get an early one too.

I agree, best show ever!

Good morning ladies :)

How is everyone feeling??

My bbs are soooO sore. Other than that I feel fine!!

Ps- I was thinking that maybe we should update the first post with everyone's real names and countries (if you all feel comfortable with that).!!

Pps- I got unreasonably excited this morning when my tickers changed from poppy seed to Apple seed and from ball of cells to semi- human looking being!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->