I'm due December 22nd :)
I'm 4 weeks & 3days
Lesbian Couple , Home insemination
Expecting our first! We are so happy :happydance:

I'm due December 22nd :)
I'm 4 weeks & 3days
Lesbian Couple , Home insemination
Expecting our first! We are so happy :happydance:

Oh my god TwoLezzies, so happy for you both!! You got your :bfp:!!

I just had a positive test today :happydance: well, 5 really :p

But I'm so afraid, I read so many sad stories about chemicals :cry: I don't think I'll feel safe until I'm at least 5 weeks...or 12 lol

Congratulations and welcome to all the new ladies. H & H 9 months to all :hugs: :happydance::happydance:

How is everyone feeling today? Any symptoms yet? Afm absolutely no symptoms, i feel normal. With DD i had no morning sickness just excess saliva from 8 weeks to about 15 weeks. I am hoping for no morning sickness as well with this baby lol. I managed to book my first appointment to register for antenatal tomorrow :happydance: and I am so freaking excited. Anyone else wana update?

No symptoms yet for me MS kicked in about 6 weeks last time and lasted to about 13/14 weeks, really hoping I dont get it this time. But its a sign that all is well, I was sick 24/7 and it was very tiring. I cant think how I will cope with sickness and LO.
Exciting to get your appointment, I`m waiting until 6th May. Let us know how you get on

I will be 4 weeks tomorrow. Sore bbs, excess saliva and a bit of nausea. And also craving iced tea- I can't stop thinking about it. I always thought cravings were something that pregnant girls made up bc they wanted to eat certain things but now I see that's not true! And I'm exhausted.

Went in for second beta. Think positive thoughts that my numbers have doubled :pray: last time they were 95. I can't wait for the call.

Xx

Just still cramps on and off at minute. Will be 5 week tomorrow, yay.

Nothing at all here yet. Last time I was a little sicky/gaggy from a little before 6 weeks until about 9 weeks. I can handle that if it happens that way again. I really, really hope I don't end up sicker. I have emetophobia and throwing up is not something I want to do! Haha! Especially having to entertain the kiddo at the same time. If I do get sicker I definitely see a lot of laying on the floor and playing with the kiddo. Haha!

I hope you all have a great day!

I have cramps and horrible morning sickness its so hard to brush my teeth i shouldn't even say morning i have all day sickness straight up lol . sore boobs and nipples and incerease CM (; lol also cramps like AF is trying to come

I also have a doctors appointment today so ill update when i come back

Oh my god I'm so disappointed at my doctor's appointment! I went to the doctor, explained we were trying artificial insemination at home and that I got several positive tests since yesterday. I wasn't late on my AF yet because it was supposed to come on Wednesday or Thursday. She said the following:
- Ok, so you have to test again in 2 weeks to see if you are really pregnant;
- Book an appointment with the midwife because this is not with me...don't expect to have a slot with the midwife in the next 3 or 4 weeks;
- (I asked if I could have a blood test to confirm pregnancy and she pretentiously replied) Here in the UK we don't do blood tests to confirm pregnancy.

I asked her "what do you do to confirm pregnancy then?", and she seemed confused. I told her I would have to tell at work and it would be a good thing if I had a medical confirmation and she replied "Well, at a certain point you don't need confirmation because they will see your bump! You are not planning on telling them so soon, are you?".

I'm shocked! She also told me that the first scan would never be before 12 weeks. I thought I could do one at 8 weeks :(

Oh my god, did you experience the same??

I have, for 4 or 5 days now, a weird feeling in my abdomen. It's not a pain, it's more like a pressure - more on my right side, but also on my left side. Sometimes I don't feel anything, but most of the time I feel that pressure. Is this normal? She said it could be normal (yes, it could be normal, but whatever happens will happen anyway! She actually said this!!).

Oh my god I'm so disappointed at my doctor's appointment! I went to the doctor, explained we were trying artificial insemination at home and that I got several positive tests since yesterday. I wasn't late on my AF yet because it was supposed to come on Wednesday or Thursday. She said the following:
- Book an appointment with the midwife because this is not with me...don't expect to have a slot with the midwife in the next 3 or 4 weeks;
- (I asked if I could have a blood test to confirm pregnancy and she pretentiously replied) Here in the UK we don't do blood tests to confirm pregnancy.

I asked her "what do you do to confirm pregnancy then?", and she seemed confused. I told her I would have to tell at work and it would be a good thing if I had a medical confirmation and she replied "Well, at a certain point you don't need confirmation because they will see your bump! You are not planning on telling them so soon, are you?".

I'm shocked! She also told me that the first scan would never be before 12 weeks. I thought I could do one at 8 weeks :(

I have, for 4 or 5 days now, a weird feeling in my abdomen. It's not a pain, it's more like a pressure - more on my right side, but also on my left side. Sometimes I don't feel anything, but most of the time I feel that pressure. Is this normal? She said it could be normal (yes, it could be normal, but whatever happens will happen anyway! She actually said this!!).

:growlmad: Wtf. How insensitive!!!!!! With my first i had an early scan cos i was bleeding. But my gp was much nicer, he referred me to my midwife and she booked me for 7 weeks scan to check heartbeat to confirm viability. They can't let u go on till 12 weeks without any scan :shrug:

She said in the UK that's how it is done and that I would have to go to private practice to get an earlier scan :growlmad:

Dreambaby, are you from the UK?

Thank you for answering :)

Yes and unless things have changed drastically from the last time that i was pregnant (2 years ago ) which i doubt. But u know it depends on the gp. I have my appointment with the nurse tomorrow to register for antenatal, i will update you when i finish x

Here in Newfoundland we don't get dating scans. The ONLY scan we get is at 20 weeks. Unless there's problems. It sucks.

Your doctor really needs some bedside manners! She was horribly rude. I'm sorry. :hugs: I think they see so many patients that they forget how exciting/scary it is to be newly pregnant. Hopefully you'll be able to see a midwife soon and she helps you feel more at ease.

I`m in UK and had a similiar experience with my first, me and my hubby went to appointment very excited and told not to get too excited I was only 6 weeks and to try not to think about being pregnant until after the 12 week scan as 1 in 5 end in miscarriages. I was shocked but it really upset my hubby, I was ok I knew I was pregnant at that stage due to sickness but my hubby worried ALOT until he saw the scan.
I havent booked my Dr appointment until I`m 8 weeks, It breaks up the 1st trimester abit, it was the longest wait until the 12 week scan, in fact with LO I had to wait until 14 weeks for my first scan.

Sorry should of said GP at my Drs surgery was terrible but the midwife there was one of the nicest women I have every meet so great and really looked after me. Gave me her mobile No so I could text her when baby arrived.

What a horrible experience!

So with my first I didn't have to confirm my bfp just had a booking in apt at around 8-10 weeks and then the 12 week scan. I would get a private scan - I did and will again - at around 8 weeks.

The pressure like feeling is exactly what I had around this time with dd and what I have now so think its normal. Congratulations and I hope your next experience is a better one :hugs: x

Hi everyone! I am also expecting my 2nd, & my due date is tentatively set at December 21st, thus far. I have a 2 year old daughter, & she is convinced that the baby will be a boy...we'll have to wait and see! I will be happy either way! I am so happy to have found this thread, and connect with others who are due in December as well. It would be fun to track everyone's progress!

yea me me me I would love a boy as well cos i already have a DD lol but i absolutely don't mind another DD as long as my lo is healthy. I am just absolutely happy to be expecting #2 :happydance:

Aw, we will have to keep each other posted! Are you going to find out the gender ahead of time, or wait? I waited with my daughter, but this time I am probably going to find out, because we have SO much baby girl stuff...I need to know if I should start buying some things in blue, or if we're all set!

Hi everyone! I am also expecting my 2nd, & my due date is tentatively set at December 21st, thus far. I have a 2 year old daughter, & she is convinced that the baby will be a boy...we'll have to wait and see! I will be happy either way! I am so happy to have found this thread, and connect with others who are due in December as well. It would be fun to track everyone's progress!

yea me me me I would love a boy as well cos i already have a DD lol but i absolutely don't mind another DD as long as my lo is healthy. I am just absolutely happy to be expecting #2 :happydance:

Aw, we will have to keep each other posted! Are you going to find out the gender ahead of time, or wait? I waited with my daughter, but this time I am probably going to find out, because we have SO much baby girl stuff...I need to know if I should start buying some things in blue, or if we're all set!

The same with me. I didn't find out with DD But Dh wants to find out so we plan ahead as well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->