couple of opk qs!

callmedan

Reaction score
ok so i am on microgynon but decided to have a month off to see if i am ovulating the first month off the pill! yes i know there is a chance im not or false results and all that but im just trying to pass the time!! haha
me and OH are using condoms as we have a holiday to orlando planned for april and it probably wouldnt be wise to be pregnant for this!

anyways i have decided to use OPKs this month but i have a couple of questions!

1 - will a presence of LH (i.e. 2 lines) mean i am definately ovulating as i have always had just 1 line on opks whilst on the pill?

2 - i have taken OPKs on cd7 cd9 and cd10 so far and cd9s was a lot stronger than cd10s although defo not positive! does this mean i have ovulated or could it just be a random thing after the pill?

If the lines were darker than the control or the same color as the control then it was a pos and def detecting a surge- if it was just darker than it has been since you started using opks, then its just picking up that LH is in the system which is normal. It "normally" takes 3 mos for a cycle to get back on track etc, but I found this to be both true and untrue for myself. I got a bfp less than 1 month of coming off the pill meaning I OV'd as soon as I came off of it. And then of course- in 2011 i came off the pill again and I think it did actually take 3 months before I started ovulating again.

But the presence of LH doesnt necessarily mean that you are ov'ing...but also know this - the pos happens before you ov. You ov 24-48hrs after you get a pos, which on OV day you may get a neg opk.

I hope this makes sense, and that Im not rambling...:)

Thanks! It's all so confusing!
How long after you poas are you supposed to read opks? The lines are much darker pink once they are dry!

Usually its confirmed in 10 mins for a negative-but a pos result the test line actually turns pink faster than the control or will develop with in 3-5 mins depending on the brand. usually - all in all they say not to interpret depending on the brand- after 10 mins- some say 5 mins - some say 4 : /
With me, I can tell if its neg -as soon as I take it- LOL im sort of a POAS addict LOL

Thanks for your replies! Just took another opk cd12 and lines are getting darker again so there's hope yet! :flower:

YEAAAAAAHHH!!!! GL to you!!!- Well - I know you said you wanted to wait - but GL- this will be great practice for you so when your ready.....there will be no doubt!!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->