Couple with baby alert

jessrabbit

Reaction score
Wish someone would warn me when couples are about to arrive together to show off their new baby.

Everyone is like aww look a baby, dont you want to see it?

No I dont, I'm a not far off my due date and seeing newborns freaks me out, as I am just coming to terms with the whole how does something that big come out of a hole so small thing.

Plus they all know my situation and although I will hold it together at work, I now know I am going to go home, have a cry and get all upset and freaked out about the doing it alone thing.

Just wish someone would warn me when this is going to happen so I could make myself scarce.

Sitting here, head down, hiding hoping they dont bring the baby over. Just cause I'm pregnant doesnt mean I want to see it...

Sorry, just had to get that out!

awwwww :hugs: i know how you are feeling. it really would be nice for people to give us a warning or atleast be understanding of our situation. maybe just hurry off to the break room or something ... i know this doesnt help but sometimes i do this just to avoid the "couple and new baby" ... but yes going home and crying is what ends up happening :cry:

Thankfully they have gone now. Its just horrible when I am not expecting it. Seems different walking down the street, I hardly notice couples. At work though were I feel like I dont have to think about it, its a surprise! I know there is one more dad in here whose partner is due in a couple of weeks, so no doubt I will get the joy of that one appearing in the office just before I go on Mat leave and I dont think I will be able to hide from that one somehow.

I dont want them to feel sorry or bad for me as it makes it worse. also I dont want them to feel bad or awkward around me. Or to make them feel bad because I dont want to see it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->