Covers better than the original?

lhancock90

2 toddlers, 1 MMC, WTT#3
Reaction score
Any song covers you think are better than the orginal?

I absolutely adore Johnny Cashs cover of NIN - Hurt. Even they have said the song belongs to him now.

& Placebos cover of Kate Bush - Running up that hill gives me chills!

I agree with you on Running up that Hill! :)
I love Placebo xx

Nelly Furtado doing Gnarls Barkleys Crazy

And of course Amy winehouse covering the Zutons Valerie

Just remembered, i much prefer Katy Perrys version of MGMT Electric Feel. & Paloma Faith makes Akons Sexy Chick listenable!

I hate Katy Perry singing MGMT's electric feel!! She does my head in :haha:

I like the Futureheads version of Kate Bush's 'Hounds Of Love' better than the original, and Fun Boy 3's 'Our Lips Are Sealed' better than the original Go-Go's version (if anyone is old enough to know what I'm on about :lol: ).

Muse's version of Feeling Good. x

Jeff Buckley singing Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen)

30 Seconds to Mars singing Bad Romance (Lady Gaga)

I've never really been a fan of covers. I can't tell you any I like, but there are LOADS that I don't. :lol:

Sue I lovE 30 seconds singing bad romance!

I have some weird ones :haha: I way prefer this version of something in the way by nirvana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02EDdKes3bk

And Yael Naim's version of Toxic

Whitney Houston - I will always love you

she totally owned that song

I hate Katy Perry singing MGMT's electric feel!! She does my head in :haha:

I like the Futureheads version of Kate Bush's 'Hounds Of Love' better than the original, and Fun Boy 3's 'Our Lips Are Sealed' better than the original Go-Go's version (if anyone is old enough to know what I'm on about :lol: ).

The futureheads covering kelis' accapella is brilliant too, they covered it in the live lounge x

I love live lounge!

I don't know if I'd say better or equal but TV on the Radio's version of 'Mr Grieves' by the Pixies. It's lush.

I love so many
I just love Punk Goes Pop, some of the covers on them are aceeee!

Muse's version of Feeling Good. x

This was my first thought before reading the replies.

Sounds naff but I loved Diana Vickers singing U2's With or Without You on the X Factor, it's one of my favourite songs but I find almost any cover is better than U2 singing it lol.

Oh and HIM singing Wicked Game, Adele Make you Feel my Love, oh and Eva Cassidy Time After Time.

Oh oh and I loved Leona Lewis doing Run (but love the original too)

I really like covers when they have tried to put their own mark on it, not when it's like One Direction just needing to quickly get a new song out, Cheap Trick did it much better!

I don't know if I'd say better or equal but TV on the Radio's version of 'Mr Grieves' by the Pixies. It's lush.

As a lifelong and diehard Pixies fan I am scared to listen to this in case it angers me :haha:

This thread made me get lost on youtube and discover that Natalie Lungley makes every original better, she has a beautiful voice, her cover of Damien Rice's 9 Crimes is my favourite, amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->