Cows milk, when and how?

CertainTurton

Mummy to a toddler
Reaction score
Planning ahead a little I know but I have been thinking about cows milk. I know it's not until 1 yr old but I was wondering, do you just switch on their birthday or is it ok a little before or after? Also do you just cold turkey swap all bottles or do one at a time?
Any advice or stories world be great, can't wait to not have to spend loads on formula!

Depending on how much your LO drinks cows milk is not allways cheeper. We had allready swapped from a bottle to a cup so just swapped one day.

How could cows milk not be cheaper formula seems so expensive. How much is milk over there? It's only like 3.50 here

I swapped when I run out of the formula before her 1st birthday so I think it was about a week early. I went straight to it x

With my ds I did it sort of gradually and started I think just a few weeks before his first bday. I mixed the bottles half and half for a few days then just went straight to the cow's milk.

we mixed it with his formula. reducing his formula and increasing the amount of milk every week

Thanks for the replies. At the mo her bottles are all over the place but today she has has 17oz. She didn't blink an eyelid when we had to put her on lactose free awhile back sonim hoping she won't have a fuss... The sippy cup however may be a different story, she is fine using it for water but the fuss she made when I tried milk!! Wow!

Thanks for the replies. At the mo her bottles are all over the place but today she has has 17oz. She didn't blink an eyelid when we had to put her on lactose free awhile back sonim hoping she won't have a fuss... The sippy cup however may be a different story, she is fine using it for water but the fuss she made when I tried milk!! Wow!

I wouldn't worry too much about switching onto a sippy cup at 1 yo.
My HV said we should but have tried a few times and he's gone crazy about it. After asking friends with older babies since they said their LOs were prob on morning and night bottles til 2 yrs. As long as LO will drink water from cup through the day a bottle for comfort each end of the day will be fine :thumbup:

Didn't think you were suppose to mix cow's milk with formula. Thats what my doc told me anyways

I gave my LO cows milk as a drink at 6 months, I just mixed it with formala for a few days.She took to it straight away and now at a year old she has two cups of milk a day. She is a very good eater and eats a balanced diet so I wasn't at all worried about starting cows milk before a yaer old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->