Cows milk

xXhayleyXx

Happy mummy of 6 :)
Reaction score
any little ones just having cows milk now???

Ruby refuses point blank to take any formula now and has been on cows milk only for the last 3 weeks :dohh:

She really is a stubborn little madam :rofl:

Jack is still bf but has drinks of cows milk when im at work. :D

Ruby has been totally just on cows milk for the last 3/4 weeks now. She obviously knows what she likes lol

Where have our babies gone? :cry:

maddi has cow's milk, she is still mainly on formula as she likes it, but we've tried cows milk and she likes it :)

Personally I would try and mix in a bit of formula just so you know she's getting all the right vitamins etc as they say bubs shouldn't be on exclusively cows until 12 months - see what your HV say about it though?

Personally I would try and mix in a bit of formula just so you know she's getting all the right vitamins etc as they say bubs shouldn't be on exclusively cows until 12 months - see what your HV say about it though?

Thanks for the reply but to be honest im really not worried about it effecting her health. She has a very balanced diet and eats plenty of everything. I tried trying to hide a scoop of formula in her bottles and she was having none of it at all :rofl:

She is baby number 4 for me so know from my own experience its not doing her any long term damage :hugs:

I really don't think they should be on only cows milk that young, but just my personal opinion :) But it's great she likes it! It took so long to get my 2nd to take to it, he hated it for awhile. My youngest gets mad if he sees us get milk out of the jug, he wants just his rice milk but he does have one cup a day lol. I'm sure as long as she isn't having too much no more than 24oz a day and eating well she'll be fine with it though

Chloe has it on her cereal, I cant see her giving up the formula any time soon- I'll be taking her to SMA anonomous at this rate!!

guys what age did u start giving ur LOs cow milk ? my little one doeesnt like formula so thinkign tot try cows milk. hes only 9 months though ?

guys what age did u start giving ur LOs cow milk ? my little one doeesnt like formula so thinkign tot try cows milk. hes only 9 months though ?

Some people think it's ok, I don't, here it isn't recommended, it's hard for them to digest before age 1. Here they dont' even recommend it in cereal before then like they do there...only if it's cooked into foods, like yogurts or cheese, because the proteins are broken down more so it's easier on them. I started at 12mo for my oldest, 13mo for 2nd and then Hayden couldn't handle dairy from birth until 15-16mo so he didn't have any until then

All babies are different and guidelines are set as just that, guide lines. Obviously some babies will not be ready for cows milk at an early age and some will be. My eldest daughter who is now nearly 12 wasnt on cows milk until 15mths. Where as my youngest Ruby is and it hasnt upset her at all. The health visitor and doctors are more than happy with her weight and health.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->