Craft ideas?

WanaBaba

Reaction score
Hi :flower:

I'm looking for new hobbies as oh works away so I get bored on a night time, I've decided to try sewing things lol. Never sewed before in my life so went on youtube this morning and taught myself the gist of it. Then made my first ever sock monkey. It took me about 5 hours! I made it by hand as don't have a sewing machine, for anyone that has one, are they easy to get the hang of?

Does anyone have any idea of what else I can make? I really enjoyed making the sock monkey and seeing LOS face when i gave it to her!

Here's a pic of my first sewing achievement haha

Please share your pics!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 18
Ok no idea why the pic is upside down? Lol

Sorry but I just wanted to say I LOVE your sock monkey!!!! :D xxx

Aww that's really good. I brought a cheap sewing machine off of ebay with a view that if its a whim then I've not spent too much (it was £20) it's really easy to get the hang of and I love it, there are lots of tutorials online and if I run into a problem I google it and usually get a fix for it!

I've been making nappies this week (have a look at my blog in my signature I've just put a tutorial up). I was struggling with my seams being even but yesterday I brought a magnet which acts as a guide so wonky edges be gone haha.

I had no sewing experience before so am super please with everything I've made so far!!

I lovee your sock monkeyy!
I'm quite into crafty things and I love sewing, I've made allsorts, bags, pillows, clothes, quilts, blankets. Have a look online, there are quite a few tutorials xx

I made this little guy a while ago. I've got a giraffe in the go too. Just gotta brush up on some skills (stitching the stuffing gap and attaching the little things to it like horns). But I think it's good for a first attempt lol xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 14
Ahh that's brilliant! I love to sew. I've only made one toy before (it was a magic elf for Christmas), but it was so much fun seeing him come to life :D

I found my sewing machine really easy to get the hang of, but there are lots of videos on Youtube to help :thumbup:

I made this little guy a while ago. I've got a giraffe in the go too. Just gotta brush up on some skills (stitching the stuffing gap and attaching the little things to it like horns). But I think it's good for a first attempt lol xx

Wow that's brill Hun! Xx

Sign up to Pinterest.com if you're not on there already soooo many craft ideas that you can 'Pin' and save for later.

Sign up to Pinterest.com if you're not on there already soooo many craft ideas that you can 'Pin' and save for later.

Thanks I might try that, I did sign up a few months ago but have never been on it since as I have no idea how it works :blush: lol x

Thanks I might try that, I did sign up a few months ago but have never been on it since as I have no idea how it works :blush: lol x

Lol it IS a case of play around and see, I didn't know either but now I'm addicted lol!

Aww wow I love the monkey :D. I really want a hobbie! I get so bored of an evening or when Isabelle is having a nap x

Aww wow I love the monkey :D. I really want a hobbie! I get so bored of an evening or when Isabelle is having a nap x

I was the same but had no idea what hobbies I wanted to do, been trying to think of some for ages! Then was looking on the Internet the other night and came across sock monkeys and thought they looked so cute and would love to make one for LO! Only problem was I didn't know how to sew lol. So I went on youtube to teach myself lol. I think youtube is great for learning how to do things! I taught myself to crochet using youtube whilst I was pregnant! Made some lovely little things for her. Haven't done any crochet since LO came along though haha! Really enjoying the sewing though, made LO a little Angelina ballerina mouse last night out of a glove! Haha! X

Here's the one I made last night using a spare glove if anyone's interested haha! X
Started making little clothes too. Soo much fun haha!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 9
I have started making jewellery, love working with wire and I have so many ideas, just need the time to do everything. This is some of the stuff I have been doing. x

Attachments

• 126.jpg
    126.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 2
I have started making jewellery, love working with wire and I have so many ideas, just need the time to do everything. This is some of the stuff I have been doing. x

Wow Hun they're georgous! Xx

Made some baby legs today!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/_kate_/null-9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79