cramping...?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Eeyore17, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Eeyore17

Eeyore17 Active Member

Okay, for maybe the past hour and a half I've been experiencing what I can only think to describe as "cramps" ...they feel exactly the cramps I get durring my period, except that they're kind of coming and going every few minutes(though not necesarily going, just flaring up and then lessening to a more manageable state..) ..and they're not full contractions cuz my uterus isn't getting all hard and whatnot all over, just lower abdominal pain....
    is this normal or something I should I be concerned with?
    my next appointment with my OB is tuesday should I wait till then and mention something or should I call sooner??

2. buzzy

buzzy Well-Known Member

I've been having these pains which last for 4-5 hours at a time. Difference is I'm three weeks away from my due date.
    if you're worried, call your midwife.
    I hope everything is OK xxx

3. mummy to be

mummy to be Cautiously Pregnant

i would call babe... best to be safe than sorry... i have been told that the period pains are classed as "contractions" as well... so i am not sure.. i have been getting these for 5 days straight now on and off every 10-15 mins but they are only lasting 20 seconds so MW and hospital have said that it is the start of labour but nothing really happening yet.... :(

Babe if i was you i would just call anyways. like i said better to be safe than sorry :D

4. dizzy duck

dizzy duck Mummy to Oliver

I would give them a call just to make sure hun, hope all is okay, take care :hugs: XX

5. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

Ring as u are very early to be cramping ....hopefully its just stretching pain xxx