Cramps?

goldlion

Mommy
Reaction score
So I've just entered into the second trimester, and I'm getting something I haven't had since around week 5... CRAMPS! Not terrible ones, enough to make me uncomfortable though. Is my uterus expanding and causing the cramping? Is there anything I can do to alleviate them? Help meeee I'm crampy and grouchy :hissy: lol

Yup cramps are common throught all the pregnancy. I had some really bad, painful cramping (round ligament pain) and all I did was keep drinking alot of water and rest with your feet up. There really is not that much u can do for it except rest and drink!!!

Goldlion you can try resting a hot-warm towel across your abdomen. Like TurboMom said, it's common.

I'll definitely remember that for next time, thankfully the cramps subsided by bedtime. I feel better also, knowing it's common... I was a tinsy winsy bit worried, but I'm always paranoid. Thanks again

i had them twice now when they were real bad--- 8 weeks and then again at 22 weeks === it was the stomach muscles expanding as i felt like i had run out of room for baby and felt like he was cramped in there --- it became really obvious that thats all it was at the 22 week mark because within a day or two after it had subsided i got my first signs of stretch marks---thankfully no new ones since==== but i think it was def. from the stomach stretching---- there's only so much it can grow in there and stretch out before u run out of elasticity i guess--- esp. noticable when he/she goes into a big growth spurt--

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->