Crap You're Sick of Hearing!

people asking what im having, then when they hear im having my 3rd boy they put a sad face on and say aww u didnt get a girl are u sad, wil u try again 4 ur girl. this realy upsets me how can people not see how hurtful that is.
and then im getting told my bump is to small one day and the next day getn told im huge. makes me wana scream shut the f@@k up and mind ur own business

Wow I'm so surprised at what some of the pp have been told about their second (or more) pregnancies. It really must be a cultural thing because around here it's the exact opposite. If a family has no children people wonder/ask when children will be coming along. If a family has one child people start asking when they'll have the next one.

I'm a ftm and certain people are already asking/hinting that we should try for number two straight away, but it hasn't gotten to the point of me being sick of hearing it because more or less it's just been really brought up once and never really discussed. The others who were present completely didn't enforce the idea/suggestion purely bc they didn't feel it was anyone's place to.

I'm sick of hearing people tell me about how big I am!! Like I do to feel insecure enough already! Me and OH went shopping and I started crying with how fat I looked lol. And comments like "are you sure they got your dates right" or "you're going to be so big at the end" does not bloody help my self confidence!!!

Ohhhhhhhh man. I am so sick of hearing "You're STILL pregnant!?" Yep. Average pregnancy is 40 weeks genius. And then there's "No baby yet?? Tell that baby to hurry up I want to snuggle him/her!" Yep. Cuz you're totally gonna be first to do it and I haven't already tried telling baby its time. And everyone has dates they want me to have baby or I'm not allowed to have baby, as if they are the center of MY baby's universe. And can't forget the doctor googles. "You haven't even dropped. You won't have that baby for a while yet." Its my 3rd pregnancy, "dropping" happens closer to labor for one, and for two it may not look it to you, but my vagina can tell you baby is very low, since it feels like its being crushed. Because, you know, its my body and I'm pretty sure you can't feel it. And I have a friend and a sister who keep saying they hope baby is over 9 lbs. Why the F*** would you wish that on someone? "I love fat babies." One, don't call my baby fat. Two, my vagina hates you.

And my most annoying comment... we are team yellow, but I "feel" like its a girl, and have this habit of slipping and calling baby her or she. There are a couple people who everytime I do it reply "Don't you mean HIM? Its a boy." And I'm at the point where I want to punch them because they're obviously doing it just to go against what I think it is.

I'm tired of being so cynical..but can't seem to help it.

'Was it planned?' - well, we are married with our own jobs and own house - I'm not 15! not that that's any of your goddamn business!

'Were you trying for a while?' - again, IF I want to share I will, otherwise none of your goddamn business!

'how are you feeling?' And if I reply with the truth (sore or tired) I get 'haha, wait until the baby gets here!' - if you don't want to know the answer or just want to make a smug comment then don't ask the f*ing question!

People who NEVER text me suddenly getting in touch with one line 'when's baby coming?' Or 'when are you getting induced?' - no how are you, what have you been up to, hey i haven't spoken to you for your entire pregnancy but just cut to the chase and give me the gossip first!

And the latest if I'm going anywhere out of the house - 'you're not going to have the baby here are you?' (With a look of fear/disgust) - got this from the hairdresser today! Well if it starts I'm pretty sure it'll last more than the TWO MINUTES it will take me to leave your premises!

Ok, maybe I'm a bit hormonal... :) xx

"Are you sure you're only 36 weeks?!" while staring at my bump.

a) what do you mean by only? :wacko:
b) um helloooooo!! It's kind of hard to mess up dates when you've had IVF :haha:

"When are you coming so we can see you?"

We don't live on the other side of the world! It's a 15 minute drive using the highway!! Yes gas and tolls are a bit expensive, but why am I the only one paying for them all the time to visit people or go for coffee? And FFS I'm superpregnant lol :haha: You can come visit if you want to see me instead of having me run around the city....I did it all through my pregnancy...now you can come here if you want to!

"Ooooh, you look pregnant!!"
No shit Sherlock...

"Omg it's gone so quickly!"
Yeah it has, for you. You've known since I was thirteen weeks, I'VE KNOWN SINCE I WAS THIRTEEN DAYS!!!!

Stuff that would never normally annoy me is doing my head in! Though I do love the "are you nervous about labour?" question. What the hell other options do I have at this bloody point?!

We're team :yellow: and all I get is "you're having a boy" - erm, I'm pretty sure you can't be 100% about that seeing as baby's not here yet.

Another one - "what would you like?" (Meaning boy or girl) I don't care as long as he/she is healthy and happy!

And lastly - "what are you having?" A BABY!! Not everyone finds out you know!!

Before this pregnancy we had an early loss. After telling family about the loss (they didn't know about the pregnancy but the loss was a week before Xmas so figured we should let people know in case I broke down in front of everyone). I hated the question "was it planned?" What you mean the pregnancy or the miscarriage?? And who's right is it to ask anyone if their baby was planned?? Like asking 'so were you shagging at every possible moment or are you crap with birth control?' Arghh!!

'how are you feeling?' And if I reply with the truth (sore or tired) I get 'haha, wait until the baby gets here!' - if you don't want to know the answer or just want to make a smug comment then don't ask the f*ing question!

Ugh!! This!!! I totally agree.

I haven't gotten it too much but so sick of "oh you just wait till this or that". Just because it "supposedly" gets worse, doesn't mean that it'll make me any less sore or tired right now!! So how do I prepare for being "more sore and tired" then?! :growlmad: people can be so frustrating.

"Omg it's gone so quickly!"
Yeah it has, for you. You've known since I was thirteen weeks, I'VE KNOWN SINCE I WAS THIRTEEN DAYS!!!!

Haha I love this one at the moment - yes for you who has seen me 5 times since you knew I was pregnant - I have had 8 months of feeling sick, getting huge, being knackered, heartburn, being kicked in the ribs, needing to pee A LOT and all the pregnancy hormone worries !! But I'm glad it has gone quickly for you :p

I am thinking of printing a sign saying "13 days to go and we don't know if its a boy or a girl" and just wearing it around my neck :)

LOVE this thread!

My favorite so far is 'how are you feeling?'
-ummmm, how the hell do you THINK im feeling? Im 9 months pregnant, gained 60 lbs, cant get comfortable, Im extremely crampy, when I walk I feel like the baby is just going to fall out and I STILL have about 4 weeks before my entire life changes. The anticipation is terrible. LEAVE ME ALONE!

MILs favorite is.....'when is MY little guy going to come?!'
-EFFFFFFFF YOU! First of all....he's MY little guy, NOT yours. Yours is busy telling me to stop whining about how uncomfortable I am and NOT helping me with laundry and dinner. Thats what YOUR little guy is doing. MINE is still comfortable inside the Hotel Uterus until whatever time he chooses. I CANNOT PREDICT BIRTH, STOP ASKING!!

Someone brought this one up already too: 'Oh its going so quickly!'
-My initial thought to most things these days is F off (Im a bit hormonal) but THIS one....oh man. Ive been pregnant now for 36 weeks!!! Thats 9 months! THATS ALMOST A YEAR! For almost a year Ive had to rearrange everything from my clothes to my eating/drinking habits to quitting smoking to my exercise habits to adjusting to all these hormones pulsing through my body and dealing with people like you. Its been a LONG 9 months, do not assume otherwise.

The other thing that really bothers me is how everyone wants an update after the doctors visits. Granted theres a bit more to tell them now (and thats if I feel like sharing....my vagina & cervix are NONE of your business)....but for a good 5 months.....THERES NOTHING TO TELL YOU. I went to the dr, he measured my stomach, listened to the babys HB and said Ill see you in a month. Leave me alone.

People are commenting on how it bothers them when someone says theyre big or small....it bothers me when people try and tell me I look good. YES, Im THAT hormonal.
-DO NOT tell me I look good. I looked ok before I got pregnant. I am now 60+ lbs heavier than I was 9 months ago (and NO, its NOT all baby), cannot even fit into my maternity clothes, have worse acne than I did at 15 and have started to WADDLE. I DO NOT look good.

I totally needed this. I feel much better now :happydance:

This one is a touch controversial, but if one more person says "Oh, I can't believe you're having a cigarette" I'm going to fucking well swing for them!
Yes I'm bloody smoking a cigarette, I'm hardly chaining forty a day, I know it's not ideal, but it's not your sodding baby!!! If I am okay with the small amount I'm having, and my husband is okay with it, then not being funny but it's jack shit to do with anyone else!

And if this one guy at the train station every morning gives me one more filthy look over it I'm going to push him under the bloody train!

I hate everything at the moment anyway. Goddamn these bloody hormones!! But I particularly hate the fact that you aren't allowed to feel ANYTHING when you're pregnant without someone commenting "wait til baby's here"!

This one is a touch controversial, but if one more person says "Oh, I can't believe you're having a cigarette" I'm going to fucking well swing for them!
Yes I'm bloody smoking a cigarette, I'm hardly chaining forty a day, I know it's not ideal, but it's not your sodding baby!!! If I am okay with the small amount I'm having, and my husband is okay with it, then not being funny but it's jack shit to do with anyone else!

And if this one guy at the train station every morning gives me one more filthy look over it I'm going to push him under the bloody train!

Ooh, this one is very controversial. As an ex-smoker, I think I'd probably be giving dirty looks as well. Oops sorry, probably not what you want to hear!

And you can't complain about being tired from lack of sleep with all the peeing and aches and pains, without the comment "Just wait until baby comes and you're up 8 times a night feeding. Then you'll really get no sleep" or "What do you think will happen when baby is here?" Shut up. I realize that. I have 2 other kids, I've been there and I know what having a newborn entails. Why does that mean I should suffer now without complaint? I'm tired and exhausted, and if I wanna bitch about my lack of sleep I'm going to do it. If you don't like it, close your ears.

I hate everything at the moment anyway. Goddamn these bloody hormones!! But I particularly hate the fact that you aren't allowed to feel ANYTHING when you're pregnant without someone commenting "wait til baby's here"!

I hate that too :( it's an awful thing to say to FTM's too because in reality as tough as becoming a mum is it's still WONDERFUL to have your body back, and yes you're up doing night feeds but when you do sleep at least it's comfortable lol!

AFM, I'm sick of people saying "oh no!" when I announce it's girl number 3. I am actually over the moon!!!

Ooh, this one is very controversial. As an ex-smoker, I think I'd probably be giving dirty looks as well. Oops sorry, probably not what you want to hear!

Not here to hear what I want to hear, I just find it incredibly annoying that people think the second you're pregnant that they have the right to stuff their opinions on everything you do down your throat.

I don't approve of people eating a ton of junk food when pregnant, not very nutritious, but it's not my kid and not my business. :shrug:
Ah well.

I hate that too :( it's an awful thing to say to FTM's too because in reality as tough as becoming a mum is it's still WONDERFUL to have your body back, and yes you're up doing night feeds but when you do sleep at least it's comfortable lol!

And you can't complain about being tired from lack of sleep with all the peeing and aches and pains, without the comment "Just wait until baby comes and you're up 8 times a night feeding. Then you'll really get no sleep" or "What do you think will happen when baby is here?" Shut up. I realize that. I have 2 other kids, I've been there and I know what having a newborn entails. Why does that mean I should suffer now without complaint? I'm tired and exhausted, and if I wanna bitch about my lack of sleep I'm going to do it. If you don't like it, close your ears.

I just wanted to say how true this is for any other FTMs reading this thread. You might have to get up several times a night when the baby arrives BUT the sleep in between is bliss, so restful and comfortable! :sleep:

With me its;

'Is he here yet?' - I'll let you know when he is

'Get lots of sleep now while you can'- what do you think im trying to do at 3am when Im awake with flaring rib pain and constant pissing?

'I'll come and visit you this week'- yeah, cos I just love being hostess when all I want to do is curl up in bed and with luck go into labour

'How long do you have left?' Im just gonna write this on my forehead each day so people stop asking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->