Crap You're Sick of Hearing!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by jbell157, Oct 10, 2013.

1. susan_1981

susan_1981 Mummy to 2 boys :)

I guess it's just human nature. We can't help but judge others. But it's up to us what decisions we make. Freedom of choice and all that.

2. lisawoop

lisawoop Well-Known Member

"You get bigger every time I see you!" No sh*t I'm growing a human being!!! I would be worried if I was getting smaller!

3. claudinator

claudinator Guest

Your so small, do you think the baby will be able to come out. Ewwwwwwww don't ask me that.

4. jbell157

jbell157 Sam's Mommy

This one made me laugh! :haha: I hear that all the time.

The new one for me this week has been "I can't believe your still here!" I work here dipshit. Why wouldn't I come...oh because you think every day I'm going into labour. That's nice keep it to yourself.

Also, "you'll never make it" is starting to piss me off. Thank you for telling me my body is inadequate to carry and nurture my baby to full term. Secretly I would love for him to come early, but its a selfish en devour that I'm avoiding, and its none of your damn business!

Oh and since this thread started I've felt so much better. Now when I hear this stuff I giggle to myself. People are going to think I'm going mad! :rofl:

5. lisawoop

lisawoop Well-Known Member

I've had the "you'll never make it" one loads! Stupid thing is I'm finishing on Tuesday! If I can't survive another 4 shifts I'm slightly concerned :wacko: lol! :haha::haha:

6. Joyfulsahm

Joyfulsahm Well-Known Member

My words exactly!!

7. motherofboys

motherofboys Well-Known Member

My SIL is driving me nuts with "any twinges?" She has had 2 kids of her own so should know that at this stage there are lots of 'twinges' and as the midwife calls them 'niggly pains' doesn't actually mean its going to happen.

8. Princess Lou

Princess Lou Finally a Mummy!

Not as bad as some but my MIL sends me messages everyday (for the last month) always saying the same thing "Hello Hayley, how are you feeling?" Then she gets pissed when I always respond with "Pregnant and fine."

I know she's excited but we've already told her she'll find out when I'm in labour so no need to worry about being left out.

9. girlnboots

girlnboots Mother to 4 furbabies

I hate how I can't even barely mention a back spasm or a BH without everyone assuming I'm going into labor.

Random people who blew off my baby shower acting like they care when my baby comes. Sorry, if you couldn't take 2 hours out of a day you already asked off work to come eat free food and celebrate my baby, then don't expect to get gossip now.

My best friend constantly tells me when it's "ok" for me to go into labor, based on her schedule. This is the same person who told me my baby was a mistake because we can't afford daycare (who can?!). We had issues previously that I'm still recovering from, so I kind of just want to tell her that my mistake baby will come when she's good and ready and she can eff off.

Same best friend telling me she's going come over all the time. I HATE having guests and she knows this. I have major anxiety issues when people are in my personal space, and the idea of people dropping by unannounced terrifies me.

My OH's grandma constantly texts me asking me how I'm feeling. I'm almost 10 months pregnant. I feel pretty shitty. I think she thinks we're going to forget to tell her when I go into labor.

I am so incredibly tired because I do NOT sleep more than an hour at a time. God forbid I mention this to anyone without hearing some rude ass remark about how "I just need to get used to it". Um. No. Sorry. I'm the only one caring for this baby right now, and once she's here, I won't have a 10 pound bowling ball shoving my stomach acid through my sinuses. God forbid my OH and I take shifts so I can catch up on the sleep I've missed since I was 4 weeks. Insomnia was my first symptom of pregnancy before I even knew.

Likewise, people assuming my OH won't help take care of her. My OH might be an overgrown manchild, but he is going to be an amazing father. I have less doubts about him than I have for myself!

I took off work 2 weeks before my due date to relax and prepare, and I've spent almost all of it completely avoiding everyone and ignoring texts. Best 2 weeks ever.

10. Bambola

Bambola Pregnant with #1

Hehe great thread Jbell!! Love it!!

I'm sick of every second person telling me how hard life is going to be in a few weeks and how I am going to get a real shock and will be miserable with lack of sleep etc etc

Even if this is true- what benefit do people think I will derive from these stupid negative comments..! It's almost like every moron wants to rain on your parade... I HATE it..!!

Also love the comments about how your marriage will suffer and how hard it will be for us to keep connected!!

Thanks for the rant!! :)

11. ciaramoy

ciaramoy Mum to 1 and baking a bun

Haha I get this all the time....it takes all my willpower not to say No Sh*t Sherlock, it's called being pregnant. But thanks for making me yet again feel massive and annoyed. Arghhhhh

Another one I hate..ohhh look how big you are...you must not have long left to go now?? Ermmmm considering you ask say the same thing to me every week I have exactly a week less than I did the last time you asked!!!

12. Samah007

Samah007 Well-Known Member

Yes!!!!

13. motherofboys

motherofboys Well-Known Member

If it were so bad people wouldn't have a second, third, forth or more. Yes it is tiring, and yes nothing in the world, no amount of reading and baby sitting, will prepare you for full time motherhood with a newborn.
    But I wouldn't say you will be miserable, those first few weeks are more like being in your own little bubble. Its a learning curve for sure but its so wonderful at the same time. Its one of my favourite bit, getting to know your new baby. So ignore them all! People love to try to scare you, its like everyone has a labour horror story and no one wants to tell you the positive story.

14. carbafe

carbafe Well-Known Member

15. emmalg

emmalg Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how so many women manage to turn them into horror stories when they have such a happy ending!

My birth wasn't straight forward as my waters broke but labour didn't start well but it wasn't a horror story, in fact I feel very positive about how it was dealt with.

I do think expecting mothers should be aware things don't always go according to plan but it isn't the end of the world if they don't!! The more prepared you are for changes to your plan the easier it is to cope with.

The attending midwife made it unpleasant at times due to her attitude but the labour and birth weren't horror stories.

There are many many more positives from the birth process these women need to remember - OH's face and first cuddle, their own first cuddle, how amazingly good it feels to have your body back and best of all how magical that baby is! ;)

Despite saying, when I was exhausted by my second day of ineffective labour, "Sorry I can't ever go through this again" within half an hour of the birth I looked at DH and said "When can we have another?" - Can't have been that bad now can it?!

16. Vicki_Cream

Vicki_Cream Little Miss Molly xxx

When people try telling me that my HG is "just normal morning sickness, thousands of women cope with it daily." That's great for them, but this is NOT just morning sickness!! You try vomiting 15+ times a day for months at a time, barely being ale to crawl out of bed to make it to the toilet in time to vom. One of the MEN I work with tried telling me all I need to do is drink warm ginger ale and it would cure me. Mhmm ok, and you know this because you have been through it?? Twat! :dohh:

When random people ask me what my EDD is whilst MIL is around, she interrupts me and tells them that my EDD is wrong and I'll have the baby on 15th December. Maybe she should pick my lottery numbers?! :haha:

Close friends and family (mainly OH's family) think it's ok to call me fatty. Now, I'm still very slim and petite, just have a huge bump. I have been having a bit of water retention the past couple of weeks and have felt a little self conscious (but my lovely OH tells me daily how beautiful I am and how I've retained my figure. He gets extra points for being a good liar haha ;) ) Anyway, SIL's OH asked loudly the other day "Where's fatty?" referring to me. Now, he himself has self esteem issues with his weight, and I would never ever dream of commenting on his weight, but it pissed me off so I replied "I'm over here, you fat [email protected]!" I think I hit a nerve? Diddums.