• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cravings and gender..myth or not?!

ginasgemz

Reaction score
I'm sure there are other threads about this, sorry if this is repeat of a recent discussion but...
What do you all think? Is there a connection between gender and cravings?
I've always heard carbs and fruits meant girl, proteines meant boy and I wonder if reality stacks up to this wives tale at all.

I have 3 girls and I really didn't have any specific craving with them (I was very sick for the entire pregnancy with all 3) but I did eat awful lot of sweet stuff, donuts and so forth.

This time..? Morning sickness is gone and I am not even 16 weeks and I am massively (I mean massively) craving dairies, cheese and milk all day long! I didn't even touch dairy for 9 months with the girls since even the thought made me so sick. And now I can't live without 'em. Same goes for fish..I am craving fish and I don't even like it as much to begin with (and most definitely, fish smell was like death sentence to me in my previous 3 pregnancies, I'd never eat it I'd rather jump off a cliff or something..lol)

Anyway so maybe I am imagining things and I want to have a boy way too much :) but I see a difference in my cravings big time and I was wondering if there's any truth to this wives tale at all, what were your experiences!!!!
Can't wait to read your stories :D

I really have a huge craving for fruit and sweets and I am having a boy. My best friend craved bbq and is having a girl....so I would say myth. lol

I'd say myth as well. All I wanted through my first trimester was fruit and other "fresh" tasting things, like popsicles. Meat made me gag, as did most dairy. I did go through a short yogurt and cheese craving phase though.

All of my pregnancies have been different as far as cravings.

meat made me gag, i went from sugar foods, to savoury to sugar now back to savoury, lol, so its anyones guess with me :)

With my DD I craved pizza, deep fried mushrooms and pasta (I was really into spaghetti with just sauce...no meat). My sickness was mild, but I had a problem smelling raw meat or meat cooking...more specifically chicken.

With my second pregnancy I craved everything...LOL, actually I don't remember what I craved with that one, as it was one problem after a next till I miscarried.

With this one (a girl) I crave MEAT big time and sweets like crazy. I have the same aversion to chicken and grease that I did with number one, however my morning sickness was pretty bad.

Also I started craving Ginger Ale, more specifically Schweppes Raspberry Ginger Ale.

I also crave ice chips.

Well, before I got pregnant I had a serious sweet tooth (could seriously eat a whole cake myself)

And once I got pregnant, I couldn't stand to eat anything sweet.. I crave spicy foods

My cousin who had baby boy 3 months ago craved spicy foods as well (cut off sweets)

So.. no idea, plus this is my 1st

But I've heard that for boys women crave non-sweet and for girls, sweet foods..

Myth I think....I have girl cravings one minute and boy cravings the next. My biggest craving atm though is beer! Alcohol free of course! So I guess that's quite boyish! :haha:

I'm thinking myth... for my cravings, it's been fruits and salads, and little to no sweets, really. And during first trimester, any type of meat, especially beef, made me sick to my stomach!

Also, I had a very small window where I had morning sickness(Three weeks of the last part of my first trimester), where as my sister and sister-in-law had morning sickness through-out the majority of their pregnancies, and they had girls.

I'd say myth as well. All I wanted through my first trimester was fruit and other "fresh" tasting things, like popsicles. Meat made me gag, as did most dairy. I did go through a short yogurt and cheese craving phase though.

Same here i am eating more fruits & Veggies and candy :winkwink:meeat makes me :sick:

Right now my craving most is granny smith apples

Every pregnancy is different, so if you were the same with all of your 3 girls and you are feeling different this time, it could be a sign that you are having a boy.

At this start of this pregnancy I felt the same as I did with my daughter, was only sick a few times, but felt sick constantly, had to have milk every morning and MS went at around 17wks. I thought I was having another girl.

At my 20wk scan I was told it was a boy. I am now seeing the differences. I have had no cravings with this pregnancy, with my daughter I had quite a few. I have not put as much weight on this time round, where as I put weight on everywhere with my daughter.

I hope you get your little boy this time xxx

i think myth but i craved really sweet things and im having a girl =) xx

With my first daughter i completely detested chocolate and couldnt even look at it without throwing up. I craved chips and mayonaisse.

With my second daughter i craved king size mars bars every day, so complete opposite really. So i dont know, I think its probably a myth :)

Hi,
I think its just a myth :)
With my 2 boys i never had any cravings at all, the only thing that changed was i couldnt eat curry.
This time round though ive been craving chocolate which i rarely ate pre pregnancy & all things sweet in general plus i can eat literally anything as my taste buds seemed to have stopped working lol but......
Im definately having another boy :)

sarah

I've also swung between dairy an sweet things, but definitely not meat, ew! x

Myth, my cravings are totally different from my first pregnancy and am having another boy.

Cheese and dairy with first

Sweets, chocolate, fruit second. x

With my daughter i really craved, ice lollies, oranges, and banana sandwiches.

This time its a boy and im craving coffee. lol

i think myth. i've craved spicy food and pickles non-stop through-out this pregnancy.
well, that and pasta. loads of pasta.

I say myth. I have a friend who was pregnant with her 2nd and she and her hubby were guessing that the 2nd one will be a boy because with their first baby (girl)she had alot of cravings but for her 2nd, nothing. Also, she was saying that her belly is low compare to her 1st pregnancy which was high and round. I told her that I had no cravings with my daughter and my belly was low. Anyways, they had another girl.

Thank you All! Probably you're right, it's just a myth :))) Oh well. I don't mind having another girl at all, I am just getting so impatient about knowing the gender and I hoped maybe this might give a clue.......but probably nothing to really rely on :) lol. Have to wait and see! It's amazing how different pregnancies can be!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->