Cravings? Do they mean anything?

Mrs-G

New Mummy
Reaction score
Well I'm having a boy but with dd I was craving ice lollies - I have eaten 4 fabs in less than 24hrs and I want more - does this mean anything?

I don't think my scan would be wrong, she was quite certain it was a boy. It must just be a pregnancy thing!

Most of the time it doesn't mean anything but I have been told a craving for ice can be a sign of anaemia. I'm also pretty sure that ice lollies and ice are the most common cravings in pregnancy, regardless of the sex of the baby :) I have craved orange ice lollies with both of my (boy) pregnancies. My mum craved orange ice lollies with me :)

I have had orange ice lolly cravings too!!!! How weird! Im having a boy and for most of the first and second tri i have wanted orange ice lollies/calipos/jublees and every now and then in the third tri i NEED one! LOL never realised it was a thing hehe xxx

I craved slushies and ice pops last time, this time its more of a hardcore ice craving, I will sit and eat a litre of cruhed plain ice with a. Spoon right now :haha:
I'm not anaemic, just got re-checked last week. I'm having another boy :flower:

I always crave raw potatoes in my last trimester with every pregnancy! Wish i knew why because normally i can't stand them!

I had a craving for paper on the way home today. I was sat on the tube reading the Metro, and suddenly all I wanted to do was tear off a strip and chew it, I really wanted it! More than chocolate or steak! Obviously I didn't indulge but goodness!

It's strange that you have asked this question as this past week or so I can't stop eating ice cubes and ice lollies! and I'm having a boy :) today I went to subway for my dinner and instead of getting a drink with my sub I just filled the cup up with ice :/

Don't know how mine could relate, I like chewing/sucking sponges x

I was always under the impression that craving ice or ice lollies meant your body is craving more water xx

i craved spinach and lentils when my iron was low and then i craved ice cream and milk.supposedly you crave what your body needs. apparently my body needed calcium!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->