Cravings... Strange ones!!!

During my first pregnancy I would have been quite happy to spend entire days at the gas station, breathing in the gasoline smells.

yes! me too. :blush: anything oily/industrial smelling too. it's so weird.

I want mint! I dont care what it is, just I want to eat all the mint!

My main one is ice. Have had it every pregnancy and this time no different. I go through bags of the stuff! Also I love the smell/texture of bath sponges, I had to buy a new one the ther day just so I could sniff it and taste it! Makes me sound like a complete fruit loop and normally it wouldn't even cross my mind, but when I'm pg it's compulsive!

Cme to think of it I could spend all day sniffing the air in our garage too, that oily petrol smell is great :haha:

Btw I am borderline anaemic and have been in all pregnancies so I out it down to this, although even taking the iron these craving don't go away until after birth for me.

With my first i could not get enough of the smell of tennis balls.....had to be brand new, i used to sit watching tv with one in each hand taking random sniffs :-\
I also liked going and standing in our local hardware shop just to take in the smell of it lol very strange, none with this one yet though :)

bath sponges, mmmm in all of my pregnancies haha, LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of the new sponges and like to suck water through them.....i know weird :)

This is my EXACT craving!!!!
Nom Nom Nom Nom

I also love the smell of any cleaning product!! :)

Wow! Good to know I'm not alone!

Though I never tried anything, I was craving bleach and Lysol at one point. And even though it's TECHNICALLY edible....I was also craving dog food at one point :blush:

I did find out that I had an iron deficiancy and got put on an iron supplement in addition to my prenatals. So far, no crazy cravings!

Paint and cigarettes. I had the same with DS. I'm really anti-smoking so that one makes me feel dirty inside every time I get a craving :haha:

Just had to stop in and say in one of my pregnancies I craved something that was really gross. DH thought I had lost my mind but I told him it was probably due to PICA. But....anytime he mopped the kitchen, I had this crazy urge to sniff the mop. Oh my gosh, I can't believe I even admitted to this. I just couldn't get enough of the mop and not because he put floor cleaner on it, I wanted to smell it after it has become dirty! I think it was like a moldy dirt smell I was going after lol. I don't get it!! I never actually sniffed it of course but I would beg him to mop just so I could smell it. Gross, I know.

In this pregnancy, one of my first pregnancy symptoms before finding out that I was pregnant was me in the shower and using my shower bath gel which smells like apples. I had this urge to drink it. It came over me suddenly an I had to stop myself. It's like I caught myself. I had an urge for apples right then and there.

I dunno what causes strange cravings but I notice I get the strange ones and NEVER regular ones like ice cream or chocolate or pickles lol.

We have these different hand soaps that I am in LOVE with. Especially this eucalyptus mint one... I could sit here smelling it all day.

The smell of laundry. When my mom runs the washer I can literally sit there smelling it. And after the clothes come out and they're still wet I HAVE to smell them, but only when they're wet! Once they dry they lose a certain something

I am an ice muncher too also I love the smell of charity shops lol

haha charity shops!! Theres a shop in my town that sells loads of cleaning products, and random stuff, it smells like heaven hahahah

bath sponges, mmmm in all of my pregnancies haha, LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of the new sponges and like to suck water through them.....i know weird :)

Me too!!! Although my craving hung around after baby was born, deffo pica :blush: Its not the same this pregnancy thank goodness. my OH thinks Im crazy liking sponges :rofl:

i nevr had any cravings with my 1st pregnancy but this one all i want is hot sauce & jalapenos which is weird since iver never ate them b4

If I could find somethin that tastes like old tat I would eat it lol

When I had Coralie I absolutely loved the smell and texture of cif liquid :haha: I would be washing all the damn time just to feel the frothy texture of the sponge soaked in cif and have that lovely lemony scent :rofl:

I also had a real obsession with toothpaste and a wet flannel. I would soak the flannel in water, smear tooth paste on it and chew on it :wacko: :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->