• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

crazy about ovulation! irregular cycles

hamurphy

Reaction score
Hi all I am new to this site but not new to fertility struggles. I am 32, have irregular cycles, anovulatory cycles, and unexplained infertility. Today is cd 23 and I am going crazy over the "did I ovulate yet, am I going to ovulate" game and just reaching out to others who understand the peril of the initial wait to ovulate. Anyone else want to join in on the craziness and make guesses on each others charts and help keep the sanity while waiting on ovulation and testing?

Hey! I'm sorry you've got irregular cycles. I used to have somewhat normal ones until after my DD was born. Now, they've ranged from 27 days to 43! I'm currently waiting for ovulation as well sitting at cycle day 16. I'm hoping I'll ovulate by the 20th but I won't know until I get a positive ovulation test. I feel crazy because I'm saving all of my Wondfo strips so I can watch any kind of progression but I see nothing!

Not crazy just TTCing with irregularities lol ;) im the same way. I take pics of them at the test completion time and scroll through them and compare them. I just paid the 3 month subscription fee for fertilityfriend.com so i could watch more symptoms on my chart lol looks like you recently had your DD so your cycles will likely even back out on time :) sending baby dust your way :)

Not crazy just TTCing with irregularities lol ;) im the same way. I take pics of them at the test completion time and scroll through them and compare them. I just paid the 3 month subscription fee for fertilityfriend.com so i could watch more symptoms on my chart lol looks like you recently had your DD so your cycles will likely even back out on time :) sending baby dust your way :)
Thank you! I feel obsessive but I just worry about missing my surge. I got EWCM yesterday so we ended up inseminating last night anyway just in case and will every other day until I get a darn positive OPK! I hope you ovulate soon and then get a BFP!

We tend to do the same, any EWCM is a BD (baby dancing) day and then try not to miss more than 1 day during possible fertile time frames (which with my charts are a huge chunk ha ha ha)
Speaking of obsessing, I went through my chart and discarded any temps with disturbances and fertilityfriend found a possible ovulation pattern yay! but just in case we keep with the pattern because I still find EWCM every few days... ack!
So excited to think I might have already ovulated :) Got my fingers crossed for you :)

Just having a look at your chart, ff might put in some solid lines for you if you input any positive opk results?

Thanks :) it is the CM that keeps showing up as fertile that leaves it dashed but thats just me sometimes. My CM is very irregular just along with my cycles lol the only time I really know whats going on is after its over...
I used the fertility monitor this cycle but its all over the place so next cycle (if there is a next one he he) I am buying OPKs to see if those work for me. I hope they help out :) Baby dust to you :)

We tend to do the same, any EWCM is a BD (baby dancing) day and then try not to miss more than 1 day during possible fertile time frames (which with my charts are a huge chunk ha ha ha)
Speaking of obsessing, I went through my chart and discarded any temps with disturbances and fertilityfriend found a possible ovulation pattern yay! but just in case we keep with the pattern because I still find EWCM every few days... ack!
So excited to think I might have already ovulated :) Got my fingers crossed for you :)
That would be awesome if you already ovulated. Then you'd just have the TWW left and then hopefully a BFP! And thank you! I don't want to get my hopes up too high because it is our first cycle trying for #2 but I do have some hope!

Hello!! Irregular cycles are such a pain! My last cycle was really messed up, thought I ovulated around cd17-18, waited two weeks but got a BFN and no AF. I had ordered some cheapo OPKs online and just happened to test to see how they work and got a positive!! So my last cycle I ovulated on cd37 but we missed that egg as only BD'ed on my ovulation day. CD15 and have been getting ewcm and watery cm since Thursday but OPKs are still showing negative. I hate all this waiting!!

Babydust to you all!!

It can be so hard to tell sometimes then other months its clear as day! I'm hoping im in the tww but we keep bding regularly until af shows :) hoping we all get our bfps!
My 2nd took me 2 years and so much monthly agony! I have been researching so much more this time about what is within my control to help im ovulation versus last time i worked hard with fertility drs. Im hoping my focus on nutrition and daily vitamin intake to get ovulation to occur sooner. And if ihis cycle is correct them im on the right track! Thats wven more exciting right now because the more times i can ovulate in a year the more chances to get pregnant :)
Hope you are are doing well and baby dust to you all :)

Hey, another with irregular cycles here :wave: I feel your frustration! :hugs:

We're nearing 7 months of trying in a few days, but this is only cycle 5 for us. I have had ovulation anywhere from CD21 up to CD60 since we've been trying (though to be faire that long wait was my first PP cycle). I hate not knowing! I am here on CD22 not knowing if I ovulated two days ago or if I'm about to ovulate. My +OPK from Friday doesn't seem to be helping me as it usually does. We just keep dtd to see if we can catch that egg whenever it appears, but it is very frustrating!! I am hoping for ovulation today as if I fall pregnant today then the due date will be my birthday!

That would be great having a edd of your birthday!! :) by looking at your chart i would think if you have another higher temp tomorrow it was probably on cd 21. I have noticed and read some research though that those of us with longer cycles may have less helpful results from OPKS or Fertility monitors because our bodies are trying repeatedly to ovulate so you may see several peaks before the actual ovulation. I noticed the beginning of thermal shifts on my chart that aligned with the peaks on my monitor but one seems to have failed and dropped then began peaking and rising again (hopefully for real that time).
I have been having cycles up to 3 months long at times and then as short as about 1 month and some cycles I do not even ovulate, so my first goal this time around was to figure out what my body needs to ovulate and see if I could at least get that happening on my own. The wild swing of my cycles has been better the last few months so I am hoping it is working. I had done clomid before and got up to 200+mg and it was still not making ovulation reliable so I am hoping to avoid that this time.
best of luck and baby dust to you :)

OH craziness again! I have been feeling a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen and hips which is very weird so I took HPT test and BFN so I did my last stick for the ovulation monitor because my temp was up and its a peak! Crap I think I am just now ovulating?! ugh I hate my cycles

Hi also irregular too :( cycles have been 38,23,24 and 32 :( dtd on the 10th, 14 and 18th but all opus have been faint (started using them weds first time)

Ttc no2

Had cramps past few days and today feel tight around tummy and sick also had lots of backache

Hi also irregular too :( cycles have been 38,23,24 and 32 :( dtd on the 10th, 14 and 18th but all opus have been faint (started using them weds first time)

Ttc no2

Had cramps past few days and today feel tight around tummy and sick also had lots of backache

I have been having same type of pains (thought it was late enough in my cycle to be possible preggers sx) looking like I was just preparing to ovulate as im getting negative hpt and now a peak on ovu monitor and my temp just spiked again... Can be so frustrating when its not straight forward :(

OH craziness again! I have been feeling a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen and hips which is very weird so I took HPT test and BFN so I did my last stick for the ovulation monitor because my temp was up and its a peak! Crap I think I am just now ovulating?! ugh I hate my cycles

Oh wow! Well boo for the bfn on the hpt but yay for the peak! Get on that BDing! 😂
We're probably going to be cycle buddies then because I JUST got my positive Wondfo OPK and smiley on my very last clearblue. Fingers crossed for BFPs all around!

Oh wow! Well boo for the bfn on the hpt but yay for the peak! Get on that BDing! 😂
We're probably going to be cycle buddies then because I JUST got my positive Wondfo OPK and smiley on my very last clearblue. Fingers crossed for BFPs all around!

AWE yay :happydance: at least we can be cycle buddies that helps :) Gonna BD tonight for sure :)

AWE yay :happydance: at least we can be cycle buddies that helps :) Gonna BD tonight for sure :)

Heck yeah! We can obsess over symptoms together in our TWW :haha:
We'll be inseminating today and tomorrow. I'd love to do it once more on Thursday but unfortunately our donor won't be available. But at least we'll have these two days covered. Fingers and toes crossed! And now we wait :coffee:

We'll be inseminating today and tomorrow. I'd love to do it once more on Thursday but unfortunately our donor won't be available. But at least we'll have these two days covered. Fingers and toes crossed! And now we wait :coffee:

That's so exciting!!! Okay so this late ovulation is not such a bad thing now :) I have not had someone to TWW with me before he he!!
:dust:
Mega baby dust to us all! Fingers and toes crossed over here too

That's so exciting!!! Okay so this late ovulation is not such a bad thing now :) I have not had someone to TWW with me before he he!!
:dust:
Mega baby dust to us all! Fingers and toes crossed over here too

I'm so excited to have someone to talk to during the TWW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->