• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crest Pro Health Alcohol Free Mouth rinse.... BAD BAD BAD

honeygrl

Reaction score
So I picked up the Crest Pro Health Alcohol free mouth rinse because I figured alcohol free would be better since I'm pregnant and it had NO warnings at all on it for pregnancy or any bad side effects at all.

This stuff is PURE EVIL. It took away my sense of taste and now 2 hours later I still can't taste my food!! :cry: I'm so upset and so hungry but it makes me sick to eat because food tastes so weird and wrong. I looked on their website and they actually have a warning THERE (but NOT on the bottle!!!) about the taste loss. I also found pages and pages of people complaining about losing their sense of taste for DAYS, not just hours!

They even have LAWSUITS against them for it and for it causing brown stains on people teeth yet this stuff is still on the store shelves with no warning at all. I just bought it at the grocery store yesterday!

I also found out that the chemical in it that kills germs is a damn industrial pesticide! :cry: Why would the FDA let them put out a product like this with no warning at all? I tried to call and complain but all they do is offer a refund, which isn't my concern.

I hope I get my sense of taste back soon. I'm STARVING. I wish I had just gotten the Listerine with the alcohol in it now. This stuff can't be any better for baby than that. At least alcohol leaves your system quick!

:shock: I hope that you get your taste back soon!

I wouldn't even worry about the amount of alcohol in mouthwash since you rinse and spit and aren't actually ingesting it.

what? you dont swallow mouthwash so it doesnt matter if it contains alcohol
x

I just figured that with all the crappy food I eat I could try to do 1 thing the right way i guess... alcohol free sounded good b/c it does absorb in your mouth even tho it's a tiny amount. Not something I would worry over but I saw another option so I thought why not try it, yaknow? i am sooooo regretting it.

I even rinsed 3 times afterward with water because I hated the flavor. I don't get why the grocery store would even carry something so horrendous because it can't possibly be popular at all! Almost all the mouthwash they had was this brand. They had 1 tiny shelf with the normal stuff so it just looked like this was the new best thing to use. I never thought a stupid mouth rinse would be such a huge problem.

Cetylpyridinium Chloride (CPC) is the active ingredient, is aproved by the FDA and is used in several mouthwashes and throat lozenges

Also when you rinse w/ water after using the mouth wash you are washing away the flavoring agent that is in the product to cover the medicine taste as well as the active ingredient. Most mouthwashes have an added flavor.

The following is from Crest Pro Health web site:

Crest Pro-Health Rinse does not cause permanent taste alteration.
* Oral care products containing active ingredient CPC may cause a temporary aftertaste, or temporary change in the taste of food, in a small percentage of people.
* CPC stays in the mouth for long periods of time, which allows the rinse to provide its 12-hour benefit.
* Aftertaste/change in the taste of food typically goes away shortly after product use is stopped.

My suggestion use Listerine if you don't like the Crest but still don't rinse after using it otherwise you are just wasting your time and money.

cripes! :shock: Ill be avoiding that then!

what? you dont swallow mouthwash so it doesnt matter if it contains alcohol
x
I bought some oralB a while ago and checked as Im now pregnant with the lady who checked with pharmacist (it was in Boots) I was just concerned about chemicals etc. Phamacist said alcohol free only. Had a bit of a chinwag with the lady stocking the shelf..all mouthwash companies are now selling or soon will be, alcohol free. As alcohol is linked to mouth cancer, true enough -ive seen loads of docu's recently saying someones mouth cancer was caused by drinking (the alcohol being in their mouths)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->