Crib ?

miel

Married to an amazing guy
Reaction score
how long / until what age a baby can sleep in the crib ?

i am talking regular crib ...not a convertable one ..

thank you !

Hannah's always slept in one.

but i mean vickie until what age they need to be transfer to a normal bed?

can they sleep in the crib until 2 years old?

ohhhhhhhhhh to a normal bed? I'm not sure. Probably around a year I'd say but it would depend on the child (in my opinion). I'd want to make sure Hannah could get up and down easily without hurting herself etc. before moving her over....

I'm confused you said crib? https://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B00...-7943943?ie=UTF8&searsBrand=core&mqnodeid=APS like this? Because Hannah's been in a crib since birth? Or if you mean toddler bed than as above...

Probably 2-3 years old they'd start going in a normal bed from a crib. :)

i was wondering if the best move was to buy a crib that convert in a toddler bed right away (but way more expensive ) or just a basic one and buy the toddler bed later on...

if they can stay in there at least until tey are over 1 year old i think i go get one that is just a crib and buy the toddler bed later on...

i am asking because we have this site here call craiglist where people put stuff on sale and i found this https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bab/1107690830.html

exactly the color of my guest room that will the baby room ...so wanted to take a look at it this week end ...but it's a simple crib .

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh now I understand :D

That seems expensive for a simple crib to me but I didn't buy mine it was given to me. Never hurts to take a look :hugs: Just make sure to check that it really is only six years old and my personal preference is to buy a new mattress (we got ours for $30 on sale at Sears :D)

And I think rafwife is probably right probably closer to 2-3 years but again would depend on the child. Hannah will be in her crib for at least a year.

oh in San francisco cribs are over $200 for sure (expensive !!!)...was thinking to get a new mattress as well :)

San Fran is expensive :lol:

It's a lovely crib, I really wanted an all wood one but we went with what was given to us to save money :)

what did you get vickie?

I dont think that is expensive... I got my from JCPennys and paid 500. It was not on sale though. My son was in his until about 2. He is very curious and started climbing about that time and we got him a toddler bed.

Anything that isnt new here is pretty beat up. You are lucky to live in an area with a large population!!!

well I don't know how much of it you can see in this pic but it's just a simple white crib. Not wood, so plastic and metal.

Attachments

• tn_DSC04732.JPG
    tn_DSC04732.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 17
I dont think that is expensive... I got my from JCPennys and paid 500. It was not on sale though. My son was in his until about 2. He is very curious and started climbing about that time and we got him a toddler bed.

If it were new I'd probably say the same but it's 6 years old and used. But that's just me :D

I bought the #1 mattress according to consumer reports and I think it cost me about $80. More then I would have hoped to spend but the crib/matress were the only expenses we had prior to having our son. Plus we kept both and are now using them for the next.

oh vickie ! that is a cute crib and bedding set ...she must sleep like a little angel in there !!!

with the kind of website like that you contact people and you go see the crib you can always talk them up to bring down the price a little may be i will ask a $100 as i will have to replace the mattress ...so is the even not 5 weeks pregnant woman talking:rofl:oh well if something happen i can always re paint it and sell it back:rofl:

but i like it because of the color i must said and it's wood.

I really like the color and I love love love that it's wood (like I said I really wanted a wooden crib but couldn't justify the expense when we'd been given a freebie :lol:)

She actually has nothing but the sheet in now plus a light blanket, not sure why I bothered buying bedding :rofl:

Hey hun! Eeek sooo exciting!!
Anyway.. Erica is still in her crib, the mattress is now on the lowest setting tho, as she has been trying to climb out. :dohh: I figured after the next baby is here, and when they are ready to move into a crib, we will move Erica into a toddler bed. Her crib is convertible, but I like the look of toddler beds more than convertible cribs, and since the next baby is gonna need the crib anyway.. She gets a new bed! So she will be at least 18 months before she switches. I dont think I'd feel safe yet with her in a toddler bed, I could just see the kind of trouble she would get into when she is supposed to be sleeping..

My daughter was about 18 months when we had to switch her to a toddler bed because she was always climbing out. Our crib did convert to a toddler bed but we ended up choosing to buy a new bed as the crib was smaller and she always rolled out.

Bethanie is still in her cot and shes 2 and 3 months (almost 4). She would have probably had her own bed by now if it wasn't for our living arrangements, but we will move her straight into a single bed rather than a toddler bed as we feel it would just be a waste of money. I guess it depends on the little one though (judging by what KikisMom said) as some children are more likely to climb out etc.. id say 2-3 sounds about right though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->