Cross post from OPK gallery, advice please? TIA

L

LilMiss_91

So I posted this over in the Ovulation test gallery but it's pretty quiet over there and I need some help/other people's perspective.

I've been doing OPKs since CD6 using cheapies and CB advanced digis.
Cheapies got darker for CD10-12 but today (CD13) seem lighter. Not too worried as have never had a + on them before
Have had 3 days of flashing smileys on the CB digis (CD11-today CD13). But the lines on my test sticks still seem very faint to me seeings as my surge *should* be imminent if I've got my flashing smiley face? I remember last time I used them (the cycle I conceived my angel) the lines got much darker and defined.
Last time I got 4 days of flashing smileys and then a solid smiley on the 5th day on CD16.
So I guess there's still time but what with the other OPKs going lighter I'm just worried I guess.
Any thoughts? TIA

The teSts can go darker then lighter. I never had that 'phase in' that some women get. Some days my tests would be dark, the next light, then out of the blue positive.
Sounds like you've not ovulated yet but that now would be a good time to start bd of you haven't yet. Good luck.

Hi, thanks for your reply :) :wave:
That's what mine seem to do, there's not much pattern to them at all.
Just a bit worried I guess that my MMC has messed with my cycle and I've geared up to O but it's not gonna happen. Normal worries I guess but made worse by all the others!
We've BD'd pretty much every day since CD9/10 and will continue to until I'm sure I've O'd (if I'm going to).
Thanks again :)

With the dual digi if you start testing too soon youll get several flashing smileys before your solid.

The flashing smiley detects estrogen.

The first time you use the dual it establishes a baseline for estrogen and LH. If there is a rise in your estrogen it will then register a flashing smiley face. If you start testing too soon it may not actually be your estrogen surge that its picking up, but possibly a fluctuation.

Once you get your flashing smiley, you wont get a circle again. Even if it was, in fact, an estrogen fluctuation..which is why its important to not start testing too early

Thabks for your reply Powell. I didn't know when to start testing due to this being my first proper cycle after my MC. I didn't want to miss O and had no idea what this cycle would be like so started early to make sure I caught it. But I'll bear that in mind for next time.

Get some cheapy store bought tests (dollar store or Answer brand dipsticks) to use in the afternoon and the digi in the morning! That way you won't miss O. You could even hold off on the digi for two days to let the tester reset. What CD are you? Do you temp?

I use cheapies too, I've got Boots own, IC (One Step) and some 99p store ones. All give good lines but nowhere near positive yet. 4th day of flashing smileys today and just did a cheapie with a 5hr hold. I'll attach a pic of this mornings cheapies and this afternoons so you can see what I mean.

Attachments

• 20150826_131814-1.jpg
    20150826_131814-1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 4
Yeah they're not quite positive yet, I'd just keep testing and looking for other ovulation signs such as pain and ewcm

Also, are you only using the cheapies with FMU?

No I use the cheapies with fmu, afternoon and evening both with 4-5hr holds but I never get much of a line on the afternoon and evening ones.

@Lora I've had lines like that simce about CD7/8 :/

I would see how you go this cycle and if you don't get a positive perhaps look into the extra sensitive opks. Perhaps your surge just isn't as strong as joe average? X

I looked into that but the ICs I have (the green ones) are 20mlu which is the most sensitive I can find :shrug:

Have a feelinf I may not O this cycle. When i had my MMC my body held onto the pg for 7wks and I was still getting a faint line on pg tests until just before my period 2wks ago.

Sorry for typos, typing is awkward one handed on my phone lol

Oh crikey- this is something I'm worried about. We had a mmc at 15 weeks 9/10 days ago and the line on tests are still pretty strong. Wish they'd just go negative so we can ttc again.
So will this be your first cycle since mc ovulating if you do? X

If you do have an LH surge this cycle the digi will show it, even if your surge isnt strong because it reads your personal levels, not just a standard threshold like the others

I'm so sorry for your loss Lora. I was only 7wks but we didn't find out until what should have been our 12wk scan and it was 2wks after THAT that my body finally gave up but only after 2 lots of medical management. So I'm not really surprised about any of this tbh.

5 day of flashing smileys and cheapies are still light. Don't know whether to get more today as I'm nearly out of the digis or what. I don't want to miss O but the disappointment I deel when I see that f*****g flashing smiley face is doing my head in!! It's like it's taunting me! And my tests sticks aren't really getting much darker either. Yeah Powell I did read that somewhere.

I think you would probably kick yourself if you missed your positive. I know that frustration of constant negative tests but I think personally I would persevere as that would be the lesser of 2 evils for me. Hopefully your cycles will regulate themselves a bit better after this one.

I would guess you started testing with them too early. It may not be too late in your cycle to let the tester reset (by not using it for 48 hours) because you're only going to keep getting flashy smileys (which at this point, arent accurate) and pretty much pissin' away money. Or buy another box and use that tester if you're worried about missing it

I know what you mean Lora and you're right, I would kick myself! I went and bought a new test kit yesterday as I remembered I'd bought the ones I got first off Amazon for a "bargain price" so thought I would just make sure I hadn't been ripped off. F*****g expensive but worth it for the peace of mind I think. I did um and ah about getting the original pink tests but know nothing about them really. I did 2 tests this morning, one with the old holder and one with the new because no matter when in your cycle you first test you always get a blank face which is pretty rubbish tbh :/ after these tests are gone I don't think I'll use them again.

Hey Powell, I didn't really wanna stop testing for 2 days cos I thought, sods law, that'll be when I O so I have started testing with a new test. Just wanna make sure it/the sticks aren't faulty. Had a weird dye run on the stick I used in the old tester this morning.

No other signs of O, had less than the normal amount of CM and cervix is up, down, tilted, not tilted, open, closed, soft and hard and basically just all over the place :/

Thanks for all your help ladies :)

The tests from this morning

Attachments

• 20150828_095306-1.jpg
    20150828_095306-1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members