Cross post from OPK gallery, advice please? TIA

I don't know if you can tell anything from this but I thought I'd post it up anyway even if just so I can look back at it. This is the part of my Ovia chart that it predicted would be my fertile window this cycle. Key is at the bottom of the picture. Befpre the MC Ovia was spot on it's predictions so i don't know what's going on. I don't know if I've already O'd but just missed it or if I haven't or if I'm not going to. I'm just gonna keep testing till either + OPK or pg test or AF arrives :shrug: all I can do tbh.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-28-10-57-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-28-10-57-11.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1
The reason you always get an open circle with the first test is because it customizes to your personal hormone levels, which is also why the lines on the test strips don't mean anything.

Regular OPKs only have a threshold that will make them go positive, where these use your personal levels so if your surge isn't as strong as a usual it'll pick it up, and also usually before a regular test since it'll sense your levels going up before they get tonth threshold on the other tests.

The difference with the regular smiley digi and these are this.... The dual hormone (the one you have) tests for surges in two hormones, estrogen which rises before LH (que the flashing smiley) and also LH (solid smiley, Peak fertility) which is the last hormone to rise before ovulation.

Since you are using a new tester, there's no point in using the old one along with it, you're really just wasting a test every time

I only used the old one alongside the new one this morning while I made the switch to the new one as I knew the new one would be "negative" and didn't want to miss my solid smiley (so used the old one).

As it so happens though I tested again just now with a 6hr hold (which almost killed me) and got a solid smiley with the new holder and a very negative IC. I have no idea what to trust right now tbh.

WTF

If the CB is right, when am I meant to count 1DPO? Seeings as the old holder clearly wasn't giving me an accurate reading (whether because it was faulty or I started testing too early or what, it doesn't really matter why) I have no idea if what I caught today was the beginning of my LH surge or whether I just caught it in time :shrug:

Attachments

• 20150828_135000-1.jpg
    20150828_135000-1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 3
If today is a true positive- you would probably ovulate tomorrow. So I would count the following day as 1dpo.
I don't understand how you got 3 different readings with 3 very similar looking tests?!

You probably caught the very beginning of a surge. I still think you started testing too early (and with the new tester, possibly too late) for them to be accurate.

Well I may have started too early but how was I supposed to know when I should test when it was my first cycle? Is there a way I should have worked it out? No I don't temp, my DS still wakes in the night at random times so I'm not sure it would be very accurate.

So what you're saying is the new tester might be wrong too? How can that one be wrong?

Well I may have started too early but how was I supposed to know when I should test when it was my first cycle? Is there a way I should have worked it out? No I don't temp, my DS still wakes in the night at random times so I'm not sure it would be very accurate.

If you know your cycle length there is a chart in the instructions that tells you when to start testing. If you dont know it, CD10 is usually a safe day to start.

But I had a MMC, and had higher than normal traces of HCG still in my system up until the day before my first post MC AF. So I didn't know if my cycle was going to be the same as usual or shorter/longer.

But I had a MMC, and had higher than normal traces of HCG still in my system up until the day before my first post MC AF. So I didn't know if my cycle was going to be the same as usual or shorter/longer.

If have been the same as you. You really don't know what your body is going to do after a m/c
Ilol be interested to see if you get another smiley tomorrow- will you stop testing after that if you do? X

Well I can't test using the new holder again because when you get your first solid smiley it stays like that for 2 days and it won't read another stick. But I tested with the old one this morning out of curiosity and got a solid smiley on that one too. So looks like it must have still been working right.
Negative on IC opk this morning though so I think it must have probably been either a very small or fast LH surge as the ICs missed it.

Although I was researching yesterday and apparently not all women will get a dark thick line on an OPK, you have to test for a couple of months to find out what "your" positive looks like. I suppose depending on the amount of LH your body has to produce to initiate O. I suppose everybodies bodies take different amount. I thought that was interesting and very useful :)

Great that you got another solid smiley. Good luck catching the egg! X

Well I can't test using the new holder again because when you get your first solid smiley it stays like that for 2 days and it won't read another stick. But I tested with the old one this morning out of curiosity and got a solid smiley on that one too. So looks like it must have still been working right.
Negative on IC opk this morning though so I think it must have probably been either a very small or fast LH surge as the ICs missed it.

Although I was researching yesterday and apparently not all women will get a dark thick line on an OPK, you have to test for a couple of months to find out what "your" positive looks like. I suppose depending on the amount of LH your body has to produce to initiate O. I suppose everybodies bodies take different amount. I thought that was interesting and very useful :)

yeah thats what I was saying about the tester customizing itself to your personal levels :)

yeah thats what I was saying about the tester customizing itself to your personal levels :)

No I meant with the ICs, everyone has this idea of what a positive OPK should look like but apparently it can vary from woman to woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->