Cross stitch and embroidery group...

Absolutely beautiful Meldmac!!! Once I'm done my 4 Angels I will look up Heaven and Earth Designs (I'm not allowed to buy any more patterns until this is done!). Hoping to work on my Fall angel the 2 weeks I have off before baby comes, and maybe a bit during my mat leave? I'd love to break the 7-10 year curse for completing cross-stitches! Ironically, I've made many gifts too and seem to get those done within 3-4 months... It's the ones I intend on keeping for myself that drag on forever :blush:

Be careful they are addictive!!! I have about 30 designs from them and I know I'll never finish even a quarter of them!!

LOLLLL you sound like me! I have about 10 different cross stitch patterns ready to go, and about 20 different knitting projects planned (yarn purchased as well!).

I don't think I ever posted the embroidery I was working on for my parents. Took me from the end of August to Christmas but I got there in the end. The photos aren't great as they were before I ironed it! Still waiting to find somewhere to get it framed.

Attachments

• embroidery.jpg
    embroidery.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 71
  • embroidery2.jpg
    embroidery2.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 72
Hi all, where have you been?! I've not been on for yonks and apparently neither has anyone else!

Since my last post I've sewn a new piece for a wedding present. Haven't got a pic, it's still at the framers. I got my three main ones framed too a little while ago. I've attached pics but they are rubbish ones I took on my phone in the evening under the crap artificial light!

Currently I'm working on some embroidered ribbon for my friend's wedding dress. She gets married next week and I didn't properly start until abut a week ago. I had a creative crisis and didn't think I could do it but in the end I nicked some motifs from other patterns and constructed a simple repeat pattern. I'll take a pic when it's done.

Attachments

• IMG_0105 sm.jpg
    IMG_0105 sm.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0106 sm.jpg
    IMG_0106 sm.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0107 sm.jpg
    IMG_0107 sm.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 9
I really should get going again on the blanket now i'm on mat leave :blush: else bubba will never get to use it :dohh:

Hi ladies! I love learning that I'm not the only one who takes YEARS to complete a project! :blush: Seriously, you don't know how good this makes me feel. My mom and sisters are all super fast... I think I tend to get bored with a project so I put it down and don't touch it for months on end. Currently working on nephew's birth sampler - and he turns 4 in December! I know he doesn't care, but my sister is getting annoyed.... But it turned out to be much more challenging than I had anticipated, and with each of my miscarriages I set it down again... I'll get it finished one day....

I'm one of 3 girls and my mom taught us each how to cross-stitch when we were pretty young. From then on, we were never allowed to just sit and watch tv - we had to be stitching. I think she hoped it would keep us from snacking mindlessly. I used to do tons of stitching but had to stop when I was running out of places to hang them. Now I only tend to start something for a specific event or recipient - each of my college friends got a wedding sampler, each of my nieces and nephews have their birth sampler (except the aforementioned youngest nephew!), that sort of thing.

I enjoyed seeing your work!

Hi ladies! I love learning that I'm not the only one who takes YEARS to complete a project! :blush: Seriously, you don't know how good this makes me feel. My mom and sisters are all super fast... I think I tend to get bored with a project so I put it down and don't touch it for months on end. Currently working on nephew's birth sampler - and he turns 4 in December! I know he doesn't care, but my sister is getting annoyed.... But it turned out to be much more challenging than I had anticipated, and with each of my miscarriages I set it down again... I'll get it finished one day....

I'm one of 3 girls and my mom taught us each how to cross-stitch when we were pretty young. From then on, we were never allowed to just sit and watch tv - we had to be stitching. I think she hoped it would keep us from snacking mindlessly. I used to do tons of stitching but had to stop when I was running out of places to hang them. Now I only tend to start something for a specific event or recipient - each of my college friends got a wedding sampler, each of my nieces and nephews have their birth sampler (except the aforementioned youngest nephew!), that sort of thing.

I enjoyed seeing your work!

Hi HappyAuntie,
So sorry to learn about your losses hunny, i lost 4 before managing to get this far so i kinda know how you feel :hugs:. May i ask about the condiditon you have been diagnosed with? (you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to hun :flower:)
The blanket i am working on was originally started for my god daughter, she turns 12 next month :blush:. I have only ever finished 1 major project (never again will i do a cute hedgehog - does anyone know how many different shades of brown there are to use :dohh:), all my others have been coasters, samplers or bookmarks - i bore very quickly & like to see my acheivements.
However i HAVE picked up my blanket again now, i have half of tigger left & the whole of eeyore so not too much to achieve in 5 weeks really (considering i did half of tigger in a few hours at my in laws on sunday:thumbup:)
I did consider a birth sampler for the nursery but i knew it wouldn't get finished in time......or in time for any of my children anyway........and i guess Humphreys Corner may not be 'in' when any grandchildren arrive :haha:

So I forgot to take a photo of the piece I did for my friends' wedding present, and I forgot to write a message on it and sign it! :dohh: I really need to come up with a motif for my work.

Anyway, I did take photos of the ribbon I made for my friend's dress so here are some pics.
1) The whole ribbon
2) A detail of the repeat
3) On the dress (if you can make it out) as she walks down the isle
4) She's kneeling here and you can see the ribbon a bit better.

I felt a little bit proud! :D

Attachments

• ribbon1.jpg
    ribbon1.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 14
  • ribbon2.jpg
    ribbon2.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 16
  • ribbon3.jpg
    ribbon3.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 13
  • ribbon4.jpg
    ribbon4.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 13
Very beautiful PeanutBean & very clever of you! Was it freehand or did you use a guide? I remember stitching onto clothes years ago but i used a guide which you unpicked later on :thumbup:

Well I pieced together a design myself and drew it on with white dressmaking pencil but it was pretty rough. It's not a greatly exciting design. I'm not very creative and had a total mental block with it for weeks and weeks until I told my friend I didn't think I'd be able to do it at all. Once the pressure was off I had another go and managed to come up with this. So it's quite simple but it's all my own and I used feather stitch which I haven't used in other works. I was pretty limited in design because the ribbon is narrow and also the satin is very like to pucker.

Hi ladies.

I started a cross stitching project and I haven't done any since grade 5...I am now 25 :rofl:

Anyways,

I know you generally start in the center and work your way out? Do you usually do all of one colour first, or do you do a little section at a time with all the colours?

Thanks!

Hi ladies.

I started a cross stitching project and I haven't done any since grade 5...I am now 25 :rofl:

Anyways,

I know you generally start in the center and work your way out? Do you usually do all of one colour first, or do you do a little section at a time with all the colours?

Thanks!

Hiya! :wave:
Can I join your group?

I'm currently about 1/4 of the way through a large cross-stitch project of blue tits, flowers & a watering can (will share a pic soon).

I start in the middle and work out but I tend to do one section at a time. I tried doing one colour first and then the next and I just got confused, lol :wacko:

Hi! :hi:

I start in the middle, but where I go from there depends on the size of the project. If it's a small-ish one, I do one color at a time. But on the larger projects, I work it in sections... otherwise it gets too hard to count for me and I get halfway done and find one side is a row or two off from the other and I have to fudge a little. :haha:

Hi ladies.

Anyways,

Thanks!

For me it depends on the project, mostly though I work in sections. I find it easier to keep track.

Thanks everyone.

Right now I am working on a little 5 x 7 poppy picture. :D It is addictive already.

I forget if it was posted here, and I am sure I can go back and read 4 pages but I am lazy :rofl:

Did someone post a link to an awesome site where you could buy really nice kits?

I really really really want to do a large Mucha piece for my house. I know its unrealistic to go from something so small and easy to that, but I wanna slowly work on it :) (and hopefully my OH will buy me one for xmas)

In the past I've ordered from www.everythingcrossstitch.com - they have a tremendous selection and a huge inventory. Customer service is somewhat lacking, if you have any trouble with your order, but I go back there anyway because of the selection. I don't know if they ship internationally, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->