Cruel phone call...

RebeccaLou87

TTC after a loss
Reaction score
I was due to have a Midwife appointment this morning, and the hospital said they would contact the midwives to inform them so I wouldn't get any reminders.

I've also been to the doctors twice (in the same practice as the midwives) because I have an infection following an ERPC, so the MMC is all over my medical records.

Well, this morning I was called by the Midwife who wanted to know why I hadnt showed up for my appointment.

I burst into tears and could hardly get the words out to say the reason why. :cry:

My Hubby and Mum are so furious they have made a formal complaint. The practice manager has apologised profusely and they are investigating why my medical records weren't checked.

It's been a horrible morning.....:growlmad: x

The nhs record system is an absolute joke. I felt well enough to call my midwife to check the hospital had informed them of the scan I had - thinking they surely would have - and she had no idea. I also had to cancel my dating scan myself, and then my maternity exception certificate come in the post this morning :nope: I just hope there's no more free baby club stuff on it's way.

The nhs record system is an absolute joke. I felt well enough to call my midwife to check the hospital had informed them of the scan I had - thinking they surely would have - and she had no idea. I also had to cancel my dating scan myself, and then my maternity exception certificate come in the post this morning :nope: I just hope there's no more free baby club stuff on it's way.

It is a joke. I thought I was getting better, and then this morning it just set me off all over again. I'd give anything to have been at that appointment knowing I had a healthy baby inside me. :cry:

I cant believe they sent you the certificate in the post! Its a serious lack of communication and really needs to be sorted out.

Its such a painful experience and to have had that phone call was just so hard for me. xx

I'm so sorry, that is absolutely horrible! You would think they would have a better system to make sure things like that don't happen! Big hugs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->