csa............

babyndme

Reaction score
a little update! had sent a letter 3 weeks ago, but i phoned up on wed, the hadnt got my applicatio =O so i did another claim on the phone! which they said they will speed it up!! cross fingers!! do they backdate to the day your child your claiming from was born?? xxx

No, but were all getting different things told to us, i was told they dont back date at all, payments only start from the day the father says they are the parent or when the dna is proved, but other have been told thye will back date, you will have to ask your caseworker xxx

yeah everyones been given slightly different advice, best to ask who you speak too. It wont be from the day you apply tho im sure.. It does make more sense to be from when parentage is prooved/accepted. It can take couple of months but its worth it, good luck

its not backdated to the date you claim, it is backdated to the date that the csa make first contact with the FOB, which in my case was a letter they sent him. If FOB request DNA test it will only be backdated to the date that they are confirmed as being the father.

I think they should be made to backdate to birth tbh. The CSA took 9 years to collar my eldests dad, despite me giving them every bit of info on him. What did i get??? A poxy £5 a fortnight as hes on Job Seekers, which started a fortnight after they sent letter. This has now stopped as he remarried, had another child and ended up in prison.
But for 9 years he paid sweet fa, while i starved some days just so my daughter had a decent meal.
Sorry rant over x

thats shocking!!

Some people have really bad stories about the CSA but there are also some good ones out there too, im not really looking forward to dealing with them!!

They used to backdate to the day you claimed but its recently changed.

Im still waiting a year on! Havent had a penny x

2 years and counting now....

I'm going to Pay NACSA to take over my case in the new year once xmas is out of the way :) x

my claim has been going on for 4yrs now and when i claimed it was back dated to the date on the claim form, not when child was born etc. things may have changed in this time. i would ring up and ask.

https://www.nacsa.co.uk/

Basically trained solicitors, who for a smallish fee will take on your case completly on your behalf and kick the CSA into touch, make all the right complaints etc... They have all the right legal jargon and they do it for a living. TBH I cannot be arsed with it all anymore and it effects my and OH's relationship when its constantly in his face that i have to keep rining the CSA etc... So were happy to let them take over and take the CSA and FOB to the cleaners.

yeah i would do something like that if it takes so long etc! definately.

well after having my dna results in I called the CSA for an update on next steps.

I started my claim first week in Sept but it was the 26th October that they made first contact with moron. Now DNA has been confirmed the claim is effective of the 26th october only so like Lauramarie said its backdated to the date they make first contact and not the claim date and not the date DNA confirmed.

We will see how long it takes to get the cash out of them though

I find the best bet is to call them pretty much 3 or 4 times a week - its the only way I have managed to get things moving on mine - I call and say "looking for an update" they tell me whats happening now and I say fine I will call back in two days to see if that part has happened. I think they are getting sick of listening to me but I dont care. Its money we are all entitled to - they do not have the rights to keep it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->