CTG monitoring tomorrow

Thanks guys, I think I've put alot of pressure on myself to go natural, due to the hypnobirthing, deciding on a home waterbirth and preparing mentally for that for many months and now I may have to rethink everything, I think at this stage I need to listen to my instincts, I'll try and relax tonight and see what happens tomorrow, I can't be going in for monitoring everyday, I'm exhausted!

You've done the best you can, and I'm the same, I'm building quite high expectations of my natural birth to come, and will dread being in your position (I went over with my first 41+4/5). But at the end of the day, you've got to listen to your instincts, and if the birth turns out a bit different, at least you know you did everything you possibly could and it was just the way it was meant to be :flower:

You know if I go over 40 weeks I think I am going to start every appointment by saying I do not want any discussion about induction, post-dates risk, etc and that I am aware of all the facts and will make my own decisions and inform them, adding that should the particular medic I'm with for the appointment make any attempt to sway or scare me I shall walk immediately from the appointment to make a formal complaint against them. I am thinking that will be the only way to have an appointment without the pressure. :growlmad:

I know where you are coming from, I don't think anyone can have note pressure on themselves about a homebirth than me! :dohh: But when it comes down to it the only thing that matters is that you are in control of your decisions. Remember the data about going post-dates pre-dates modern monitoring techniques. But also remember that you are further on now and every day is likely to make labour more favourable so should you opt for induction in the end the chances might just be that it will be an easier experience than having an earlier induction. You could also make stipulations about using the hospital pool if labour can be started without the drip.

Keep control and be sure you're ok with all decisions you make and however things go you should feel ok about it.

Oh Georgey - this is exactly what happened to me :hugs: :hugs:

I know exactly how you feel and really you just have to make the best decision you can at the time and try to feel positive about that and go with it.
Even if you do go for induction then you can still have a positive experience - have you read Gertrude's birth story in the Home Birth Hopeful's thread (or whatever it's called - it's the one in stickies)?

I know it's really hard to de-stress (I was hysterical after seeing the Registrar at one point :dohh: ) - one thing I did which helped was have a massage - lovely! Or have you tried taking any homeopathic remedies - Rescue Remedy was good for me.

Well, progress at last! I had a hugeeee bloody show this morning and lots of strong BH all last night, my pelvis is incredibly achey and was having regular surges I guess since show (not sure if they are or just strong BH) but I havent had any for the past hour. I cancelled the monitoring today as Im dead on 42 weeks today so Im not officially over even though my hospital like to induce at +12 days. I was told to come in for monitoring if nothing progresses by 5pm urgh, I can feel bubs wriggling away quite happily, still feels like Im working towards their timescale. Im hoping this is the start of things, so just relaxing now, surely it cant be long now? lots of positive signs.

I did have a plan however I was going to go today and say I wont be induced before Sunday. Im more determined not to be induced now! I can still have a homebirth after 42 weeks right? :thumbup:

Ironically if I had let my midwife book me in for induction at 41 weeks it would have been for today at 8am!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->