Curious what you think!

Hollynesss

Mommy!
Reaction score
A girl I went to high school with just had a little girl 5 days ago. She just announced the name on facebook today. Hyla Mae. I'm curious what you guys think of it!

Its quite pretty but not something id choose :)

I like it! Mae is quite a common middle name but I've not heard of Hyla before!

I wonder if she found it somewhere or made it up. It's ok. Not for me. I like Mae. But spelled may. Was my great grammas middle name.

Not my cup of tea either. Are they pronouncing it high-la?

Not heard it before, very unique :flower:

I think it's asking for trouble, made up names that no one can spell or pronounce are very fashionable but annoying for the kids when they grow up

I have the most common name to have had growing up in the 80's and there wasn't a single class where there wasn't at least ONE other Sarah apart from me. Usually there were two or more. It's not that i hate my name, but it gets irritating when you don't know who's being shouted for when someone calls. And the spelling thing doesn't become a none issue just because your name is common. I always have to say, "Sarah with a H" when telling people my email address or whatever. And i have had all sorts on cards growing up - Sahra, Sara, Saarh. Seriously!

I think it's better to have a name that no one else has, and I checked out the office for national statistics to find out how many babies had been named my kids names before i settled on them - the fewer the better. I think there are only 4 kids born in 2009 with my DDs name. :D

I like it! But I love the name lyla and its very similar maybe that's why x

I like the Mae part, no so keen on Hyla if I'm being honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->