Currently Reading??

Me too Regal. The books are painful.

I'm officially reading The Stand :thumbup: Also still reading a Breath of Snow and Ashes but I'm treating the entire series as one enormous book so I just take breaks from time to time to change things up a bit.

I'm starting to realize that's how ya have to do the Outlander series. Right now I am reading it alone, but may pick up a book or two before I finish. I want to go straight but it is so well written with rich descriptions of the world around Claire. I don't want to rush through. :)

I'm reading Painted Girls and it's really good so far. I usually go to the book store and take photos of all the books I want to read, then go to the library and put holds/requests on the books I want.

This is very smart. I also use ebooks through the library. Best thing since slice bread! Indeed.:thumbup:

I've been hate-reading them (you know, glowering at every page, rolling one's eyes every second paragraph, lots of exasperated sighs, etc :haha: ) because even though the writing is so awful, I always get a bit obsessed to know what happens to a character. This series got so bad that I thought I was fine to just skip the final book, but I was looking for something silly and fun so I thought I might as well. Except that it was so dumb on so many levels that I didn't really get an escape, just a bad facial tic as I got more and more annoyed that any editor let this get published. :dohh:
I don't mind me some fun "trashy" fiction, but I kind of resent it when a book feels very much like the author just got lazy, you know?

I am too. I read across genres. I am also a proud Twilight fan. Please withhold the rotten tomatoes. haha But I felt the same way with Breaking Dawn. I think I threw the book across the room. It's like give it your best until then end or give us nothing at all!

The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory.

I've heard great things about Philippa Gregory and this book. How is it so far? Also your son is growing into such the little man. Boy does time fly! :)

Okay, informal poll: where is your favourite place to read?
Mine is the tub! :)

Bed! Sitting up, lying down, with the light on, or in the dark :)

I'm about to start the book thief. Heard good things so looking forward to it. I also have to finish reading Heart of Darkness and Wuthering Heights for uni before exams x

Sound good Kmbaby :) Let us know how it goes.

My favorite place to read is in bed. I'll usually get in early as not to disturb/put off dh once he gets in. Once he falls asleep, I pull the Kindle out again lol :)

Sound good Kmbaby :) Let us know how it goes.

My favorite place to read is in bed. I'll usually get in early as not to disturb/put off dh once he gets in. Once he falls asleep, I pull the Kindle out again lol :)

Me toooo :)

Hi ladies,

I am looking for a good epic/high fantasy to read after Outlander.

A well crafted world I can fall in love with for the next few months is required.
I've narrowed my search down to the two listed above. Yes it is true I have never read or watched (I don't think) The Chronicles of Narnia . :shrug:

Which one do you suggest? Or is there another recommendation.

I prefer a likable protagonist, strong emphasis on mythology and realistic love storyline (if possible).

Thanks. :)

I know Narnia, but not Eragon. Narnia is lovely - a real classic.
Does it matter if it is YA or not?
For YA, I could suggest:
The Wildwood series by Colin Meloy,
The Apothecary and The Apprentice by Maile Meloy (unrelated, just same last name)
His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman

I own His Dark Materials - I want to read that series sometime.

I'm halfway through The Stand. Long book but a page turner.

I own His Dark Materials - I want to read that series sometime.

I'm halfway through The Stand. Long book but a page turner.

Is that the series where the characters have daemons?

I know Narnia, but not Eragon. Narnia is lovely - a real classic.
Does it matter if it is YA or not?
For YA, I could suggest:
The Wildwood series by Colin Meloy,
The Apothecary and The Apprentice by Maile Meloy (unrelated, just same last name)
His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman

YA is fine. Eragon is YA! Thank you both for the recommends! :) :happydance::happydance:

I finally downloaded Outlander to my Kindle that means the paperback won't be getting much rotation. :( However, I'll probably finish much earlier than expected.:thumbup:

I pretty much know nothing about the series. It was a gift to DH one Christmas.

Yay for the Kindle version! Gotta love the easily portable version of books and/or series of several books with thousands of pages!

"What i talk about when i talk about running" by Murakami and i'm liking a lot better than i expected.

Im doing the 50 book challenge..just read the white queen, etc and really got into the tudor court genre..no idea what to read next!

Oathbreakers by Mercedes Lackey. I've read it before but, it's one of three books I have with me right now :lol:

I am currently reading a book called Beast. It might be erotica not sure. So far okay.

I just finished The Engagements by J. Courtney Sullivan. It was so good, I didn't feel like reading another novel just yet (kind of wanted to let it sink in first, does anyone else do that?), so I'm reading one of my old books, A Guide for the Greedy by a Greedy Woman by Elizabeth Robins Pennell. Now there's a title that instantly appealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->