Currently Reading??

I'm currently reading Outlander ( slowly but steadily) and Cross My Heart by Celeste O. Norfleet I plan to finish the latter tonight. Not bad but a little too genre-y for my taste.

Yay Regal :thumbup:

Taking a quick Outlander break. About 80% through whole series. Currently reading 11/22/63 by Stephen King. It's so good! I'd even say it's one of my favorites by him.

Hakuna! :hi: Is the series complete? No more books left? I think I will read Outlander all the way through from here. Is 11/22 one of his scary or sci fi books?

Actually one more book out soon....so I'm about 80% through the current books.

11/22/63 involves time travel and attempts to stop JFK's assassination. There's a lot going on in addition. The main character changes other past events as well as starts a life there. It's really neat.

Wow. That sounds interesting. May add that to my reading list. So many books. So little time.

How do you all choose your reading list?

It's a bit random for me. I always check out the daily and monthly deals on Amazon, which is how I found Hunting Eichmann which was awesome! I also listen to recommendations from various friends.

Makes sense. I usually categorize my list i.e books w/ settings by the water, by author or books with a librarian in it. Then I take recommendations from friends and the internet.

Right now, it's whatever loks good on the "New & Notable" shelf at the library! :)

That makes sense. I really need to diversify my list.

Downloaded a sample of The Stand. Might be next book.

I just decided to grab the final Sookie Stackhouse book from the library. I was just looking for some dumb escapist crap.
Boy, did I get it. It was even worse than I had anticipated! :rofl:
When writing is so bad that you can't even at least get your escape on by getting caught up in the plot, well….
Good thing it was the last book in the series.

@Hakuna let us know how The Stand is if you read.

@Sarah I never could get into the books and I've long stopped following the show. Hope your next pick is a good one. :)

Me too Regal. The books are painful.

I'm officially reading The Stand :thumbup: Also still reading a Breath of Snow and Ashes but I'm treating the entire series as one enormous book so I just take breaks from time to time to change things up a bit.

I'm reading Painted Girls and it's really good so far. I usually go to the book store and take photos of all the books I want to read, then go to the library and put holds/requests on the books I want.

I've been hate-reading them (you know, glowering at every page, rolling one's eyes every second paragraph, lots of exasperated sighs, etc :haha: ) because even though the writing is so awful, I always get a bit obsessed to know what happens to a character. This series got so bad that I thought I was fine to just skip the final book, but I was looking for something silly and fun so I thought I might as well. Except that it was so dumb on so many levels that I didn't really get an escape, just a bad facial tic as I got more and more annoyed that any editor let this get published. :dohh:
I don't mind me some fun "trashy" fiction, but I kind of resent it when a book feels very much like the author just got lazy, you know?

I'm reading Painted Girls and it's really good so far. I usually go to the book store and take photos of all the books I want to read, then go to the library and put holds/requests on the books I want.

That's a good idea!

That's a good idea!

This has has a very positive affect on my bank account haha. I learned how to take out ebooks from the library on my e-reader. I've been flying through books lately.

I LOVE the library! I try to remember books from the bookstore and reserve them, but I haven't thought to take a picture with my phone - probably because I have an ancient flip phone!
And I know what you mean about saving a fortune - I can take out armloads of books at the library - it's wonderfully indulgent and FREE!!!!! :yipee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->