Curved line on pregnancy test?

Mariahkaye

Reaction score
I got a really strange test result today, and I'm not sure if it is a colored evap line, a curved positive, or the dye leaked from the control line. AF 6 days late and I haven't had any of my usual pms symptoms.

I started the test, stared at it for a minute, then our roommate was banging on the bathroom door saying he needed to shower as he was late for work. I picked up the test, and sat it on top of my makeup in a wicker basket (uneven surface) and put a makeup pallet over the top of it. He took about a 5 min shower. I went in after him and checked the test, and I see this:

https://i47.tinypic.com/2m2i4nl.jpg

It doesn't show much in the pictures, but there is no mistaking the line is very pink. I seriously think that having the test on a surface that may not have been perfectly flat caused the dye from the control line to leak with the urine down the test. Has anyone had this happen? Here are 2 more pictures taken this afternoon, about 6 hours later. I took it apart so you can better a better look at just how weirdly the line curves:

https://i49.tinypic.com/34yw4sm.jpg

https://i48.tinypic.com/2d6s940.jpg

I'm sorry the picture is blurry :)

I've never experienced a curved line before. I only ever tested once with DD and it was with a first response.

All I can say is the line is pink... I don't think it could be a negative with colour.

Anyway, if ur unsure, retest. But, going by that your almost a week late i'd say your pregnant.

Good luck and take care x x x

Thanks for replying! I'm going to test again tomorrow morning. I'm just worried it might just be ink leaking from the control line.

The curve is DEFINITELY a dye leak.. However. Did you notice the lighter pink line behind it?!?! Test again!!!

Looks like its probably from being on an uneven surface or even from the steam for. The shower, but honesly it doesn't look like it leaked from the control line. But I guess you never know. So test again, and this time lay it on a flat surface, and no matter who is banging on the door, tell them to friggin wait til you get your result! :)

Looks like an evap line. I've had several similar to that (though maybe not as curved) with those. Try FRER tomorrow.

How many more do you have MAriah?? (Tests). Doooo it!!!! Test test!!

Oh I wish! That was my last test I had. The store local to me that sells tests won't open until the morning. I stupidly only bought one, because this was going to be my last ditch attempt at at testing. I've been getting all BFN's, within the time limit grey/shadow lines, or Evaps ever since i started testing at 11 dpo. I got one (false?)positive at 14 dpo I believe, on a dollar tree test but I got 2 negs out of the same cup of urine 30 mins later, with a FRER and DT. I got all negatives with FMU & frer after that too.

So needless to say I'm fairly confused. :wacko: I'm almost a week late, yet I can't seem to get a solid answer. Today was supposed to be my "see another negative and give up" day. Look how that turned out haha :shrug:

Good luck for today... Go get that :bfp:!!! X x x

faulty test...I've had one before like that. It ended up as a bummer for me. I hope not for you though! It happens because of the way it dried. Was the test moved during the drying process?

I've never ever seen a test like that before! really hope it's the start of your :bfp: though hun :) x

Well ladies, I'm back to update and it's unhappy news. I retested with FMU today & after the dye in the window cleared at about 4 mins, there was nothing there but a grey shadow line where a bfp should be. Yesterday's result had to be from me moving the test right after I started it. I'm disappointed, but it's kind of what I was expecting. Af is 7 days late now, and still no signs or symptoms of her. I'm thinking maybe this is just a weird cycle for me & I ovulated late or didn't ovulate, because the only symptoms I am experiencing is a TOTAL lack of pms, and digestion problems.

I made a 5 dollar bet with my DH that she will come in 3 days, he bets 4. Lol :laugh2: If she doesn't come by then I will test again...

If I can hold back for that long.... :winkwink:

Well ladies, I'm back to update and it's unhappy news. I retested with FMU today & after the dye in the window cleared at about 4 mins, there was nothing there but a grey shadow line where a bfp should be. Yesterday's result had to be from me moving the test right after I started it. I'm disappointed, but it's kind of what I was expecting. Af is 7 days late now, and still no signs or symptoms of her. I'm thinking maybe this is just a weird cycle for me & I ovulated late or didn't ovulate, because the only symptoms I am experiencing is a TOTAL lack of pms, and digestion problems.

I made a 5 dollar bet with my DH that she will come in 3 days, he bets 4. Lol :laugh2: If she doesn't come by then I will test again...

If I can hold back for that long.... :winkwink:

I hate the waiting game. Sorry you got a bfn, hopfully you wont have to wait too long for some good news x x x

Hi ....I had one like that on an ANSWER Brand...and I was PG...when I called them they said sometimes the little area for the TEST side doesn't always get on there straight. They spray the Test Enzymes on the strip in the machine when they make the test, and some times it goes on crooked....I immediately peed on a different brand then same day and yep that was positive too. Good Luck and Healthy PG!!

Just checking in ladies, 9 days late and still no symptoms of AF. Sometimes I feel like I am having light cramps but it passes and I'm not sure if I'm imagining it. It's like persistent poking cramps next to my hips though, not the low down pulsing ache that I get with AF.

2 more days and I will test again if she doesn't show.

Just checking in ladies, 9 days late and still no symptoms of AF. Sometimes I feel like I am having light cramps but it passes and I'm not sure if I'm imagining it. It's like persistent poking cramps next to my hips though, not the low down pulsing ache that I get with AF.

2 more days and I will test again if she doesn't show.

Thanks for the update... Good luck with testing. All good signs, maybe a wee bean nesting in x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->